Lutron

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.2

Project Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in September 2014.

Contacted recruiter on Linkedin, got a phone interview call the next day. Scheduled it a couple of days later. Was asked about projects in the resume and then asked a question to test my problem solving skills.
    The hiring manager who was supposed to take the interview missed the call without informing, the contact person had to be contacted to reschedule the interview.

Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lutron in September 2014.

Sent resume in via their site. Was asked to do a phone interview initially. The interview went very good as I was asked a lot of technical questions on how I would diagnose certain products. The next day I was asked to come in for an interview which I tried scheduling for a certain time but I was told that they do all day interviews and "couldn't fit it in" a certain time frame. That's fine for a college graduate who doesn't have a current job but I was consulting for another company at the time and couldn't afford missing a whole days wage on a gamble. I asked if anything could be worked out and they ignored me -- never heard anything back from them.

Technical Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lutron.

This process was overly long to no benefit. It seemed that the process was this long to "find the right candidate," however, this can also indicate a lack of faith in the management.

short

Innovative Leadership Program : Project Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lutron.

The 1st round interview process was a phone interview which is an hour long. The next stage is a day long interview process. If they stop the interview after lunch u can understand that u are no longer considered

Interview Questions
    • The questions are the exact same what was mentioned by the other candidates. Tough luck   Answer Question

Mentor Technician Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in July 2014.

Basic tests on your knowledge of electronics and general test for comprehension. Couple different interviewers come into the room asking various questions to guage personality and technical capatibility for the position.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lutron.

Phone interview, followed by written test, followed by in person interview (local), followed by phone interview, then flown to HQ for intensive full day interview including a role-play scenario, "tech talk" and lunch interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron.

I received a phone call from some recruiter told me that the company liked to have engineers "grow"... So I got a phone interview set up with the HR who of course took forever to set it up, then I interviewed w/ an engineer and I felt like I did fairly well he told me that the company was really innovative and didn't just look at how book smart you are but also how can you develop hardware use testing equipments...

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are pretty tough...
      It is just that you are expected to remember equations from Microelectronics...

Answer Question

Project Electrical Engineer - Analog Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron.

I applied for the electrical engineer position and my background is in power electronics. The phone interview has three parts. The first part of the interview is an introduction of yourself and some questions about the projects on your resume. The interviewer is quite interested in the projects related to DCDC converters. The second part is an IQ question. There are three light bulbs in a room and three switches controlling them in another room. You can only go to each room once. Then, you need to decide the corresponding switch for each light bulb. The last part of the interview is questions about buck converter.

Interview Questions
    • The IQ test is quite unexpected. For engineer position, few companies has patience for questions other than your experience.   View Answer

Specification Services Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lutron.

2 phone interviews. relatively easy. general questions about software skills, multitasking and problem solving abilities. they wanted someone with architecture background or engineering so the person understand drawings, needs, and can solve problems. also recruiter said that she likes the fact that I sound very mature and seems like I manage things well.

the roles are not very interesting and challenging to me. had a better offer

Embedded Software Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lutron in May 2014.

Applied online and then a call was setup.It was a technical interview which was focused mainly on my resume.The interviewer had prior experience in one of the projects I did during an internship and asked in detail about that.Ex-- Details of I2C/SPI buses.Signals and functionality of these buses in an embedded product.
    Also the interview included product usage and implementation scenarios based on their current product range.I was basically asked to figure out how to setup a sensor which controls a window shade.Questions were based on what type of sensor/the sensing and other implementation and response time based on requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in specific.Just resume questions and scenarios in the phone round.I did not go beyond that.   Answer Question