Lutron Project Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 phone screen 4/5 onsite interviews 2 skype interviews The process is similar to what other people have described. Just go in with your best attitude. Try to honestly answer the question. Try to be innovative.

Interview Questions

• Basic Electrical Engineering question (switches, bulbs, circuits etc.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lutron

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lutron.

Interview

First Round was an hour long phone interview. If you get through, they invite you to a day long on-site second round.

Interview Questions

• There are three sockets inside a room and three switches outside. You want to find out which switch controls which socket but you can only enter the room once. How would you do it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an invitation for an on-site interview. On-site interviews lasted all day, speaking with 10 people. Was asked to prepare a presentation on current work. Interviews had several problem solving exercises, including an estimation problem. Asked to role-play how I would go about solving a customer's problem. Overall, I felt that while the interview was challenging, the questions they asked were reasonable/fair.

Interview Questions

• If you were the leader of a group, how would that group benefit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA).

Interview

Resume Review. Must have at least 3.3 GPA to get noticed else must have exceptionally good experience or research background

Interview Questions

• was on debouncing and interfacing switches (FET) to dim a LED load   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase. I acceted the offer right away.

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had applied online on Lutron Website.Got a call for telephonic interview.Basic questions DC-DC converters and resume questions. Was then called for an on site interview.It consisted of a presentation,2 technical rounds,1 role playing interview.The facilities provided were good and interviewers were warm and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Coopersburg, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview for the first round-- lasted 1 hour, technical question on RLC ckts, bulb question , power ratings and stuff. Be prepared with your circuits fundamentals. Was called for onsite interview 1 week after that-- project presentation, technical interview round by a group --question on bjt and circuits, HR, plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Power drawn from a bulb, mesh analysis, gain of BJT Amp   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lutron (Coopersburg, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial contact was through a recruiter. A phone interview is done by an engineer followed by an onsite day long interview. Interview consists of tours, problem solving and academic questions such as electrical problems. There are also role playing exercises. There are two light bulbs in series with different wattage, which one will glow brighter. Make a case for or against day time running lights. State your assumptions and make a logical argument. Role play through a customer issue. Depending on the interviewer, this can be very involved and realistic. The interview is rigorous but does push a lot of the buttons. Staying calm, interested, helps. You have to have your basic skills down. V=IR will save you more often then you can imagine for the electrical problems.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember difficulty. These things gloss over with time. So could not have been too terrible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate for entry jobs.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in March 2012.

Interview

Basic BJT and MOS Questions, and design a linear dc-dc converter.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lutron in February 2012.

Interview

Basic Interview which asked general details about my resume and then power transformation question. The interview took approximately one hour where about 30 minutes was directed about personal questions and 30 minutes was technical questions.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lutron in December 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a staff of software engieering department. But I applied for electrical engineering. He just let me introduced my experience and academic project. we talked about 3 projects and 1 internship. A very long talk. Since he knew a little about the professional area, we didn't talk about any technical questions.