Lutron

Lutron Project Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lutron.

First Round was an hour long phone interview. If you get through, they invite you to a day long on-site second round.

Interview Questions
  • There are three sockets inside a room and three switches outside. You want to find out which switch controls which socket but you can only enter the room once. How would you do it?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lutron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lutron in December 2012.

Phone interview followed by an invitation for an on-site interview. On-site interviews lasted all day, speaking with 10 people. Was asked to prepare a presentation on current work. Interviews had several problem solving exercises, including an estimation problem. Asked to role-play how I would go about solving a customer's problem. Overall, I felt that while the interview was challenging, the questions they asked were reasonable/fair.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the leader of a group, how would that group benefit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lutron.

Resume Review. Must have at least 3.3 GPA to get noticed else must have exceptionally good experience or research background

Interview Questions
    • was on debouncing and interfacing switches (FET) to dim a LED load   Answer Question
    no negotiation phase. I acceted the offer right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in June 2012.

I had applied online on Lutron Website.Got a call for telephonic interview.Basic questions DC-DC converters and resume questions.
    Was then called for an on site interview.It consisted of a presentation,2 technical rounds,1 role playing interview.The facilities provided were good and interviewers were warm and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in March 2012.

Phone Interview for the first round-- lasted 1 hour, technical question on RLC ckts, bulb question , power ratings and stuff. Be prepared with your circuits fundamentals.
    Was called for onsite interview 1 week after that-- project presentation, technical interview round by a group --question on bjt and circuits, HR, plant tour.

Interview Questions
    • Power drawn from a bulb, mesh analysis, gain of BJT Amp   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coopersburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in February 2009.

Initial contact was through a recruiter.
    A phone interview is done by an engineer followed by an onsite day long interview.
    Interview consists of tours, problem solving and academic questions such as electrical problems. There are also role playing exercises.
    There are two light bulbs in series with different wattage, which one will glow brighter.
    Make a case for or against day time running lights. State your assumptions and make a logical argument.
    Role play through a customer issue. Depending on the interviewer, this can be very involved and realistic.

The interview is rigorous but does push a lot of the buttons. Staying calm, interested, helps. You have to have your basic skills down. V=IR will save you more often then you can imagine for the electrical problems.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember difficulty. These things gloss over with time. So could not have been too terrible.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate for entry jobs.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lutron in March 2012.

Basic BJT and MOS Questions, and design a linear dc-dc converter.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lutron in February 2012.

Basic Interview which asked general details about my resume and then power transformation question. The interview took approximately one hour where about 30 minutes was directed about personal questions and 30 minutes was technical questions.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lutron in December 2011.

I got a call from a staff of software engieering department. But I applied for electrical engineering. He just let me introduced my experience and academic project. we talked about 3 projects and 1 internship. A very long talk. Since he knew a little about the professional area, we didn't talk about any technical questions.

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lutron in November 2008.

I was called after submitting my resume at a college job fair. I was brought in and asked brain teasers then think-out-of-the-box questions. I received a second call to tell me that they were flying me out to their headquarters. They paid for the flight, transport, lodging, and food. I arrived the night before the interview. I was then picked up by a shuttle with 4 other candidates (none from the same position I was interviewing for). I was given the tour, then placed in what seemed like an interrogation room. For the rest of the business day, I was grilled by many different people covering many different interview types. Ones that stood out was an entire interview based on academics (derive an equation), a lateral thinking interview, and a 'role-playing' interview (to gauge personality and sociability I would assume). It was an overall tough interview but on par with engineering positions I have interviewed with before.

Interview Questions
    • There are 3 light switches in one room and 3 light bulbs in another. How do you determine which switch controls which bulb if you can only enter the room with the light bulbs once.

Now think out of the box and give as many other methods as possible.

View Answer