Luxoft

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Luxoft in March 2009.

Applied CV online, there were 2 interviews. There were a lot of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Should synchronized be used when used with atomic operation, say setting and getting values of integer?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Luxoft in October 2014.

There was a 30-minute phone interview and a technical interview in the office. During the technical interview I was given some SQL problems and a couple of logic puzzles. Both the HR and the technical interviewers appeared professional and amiable.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Luxoft.

Technical interview with questions regarding C questions about bug solving or general knowledge of pointers. Then they asked me to implement a linked list insertion, a few questions around that and in the end a few questions about networking protocols, pretty standard stuff. Mostly they focused on the C skill set rather than other optional requirements of the job position.

Senior Oracle Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Luxoft in March 2014.

First a HR interview over the phone, something like half an hour.
    Then a technical interview that is quite demanding. It includes all kinds of questions related to Oracle, some requiring in-depth knowledge of how the database actually works, concerning which many would say: "that's the DBS's job, not a developer's job". Unless one has some knowledge concerning the inner works of the database he should not think even of a middle-developer position. Not only accumulated knowledge is appreciated, but also the willingness to learn.
    In my case, the whole hiring process lasted no more than ten days since the HR interview, and that was due to the fact that the developers that managed the technical interview came to Bucharest from Kiev. I received the answer the same day I passed the technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between an index full scan and an index fast full scan?   Answer Question
    Knowing my situation and having some idea what the market was, I got what I asked for without difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

There were 2 interviews (1with HR, 1 technical) and after that I was e-mailed an offer. The HR interview had questions more about my expectations, my hobbies and general information about my personality.

Interview Questions
    • Expected technical questions
      depends on position for which you apply
      no other unexpected questions

Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Luxoft in December 2013.

Recruiter has connected me through the LinkedIn. We discussed all options and arranged a technical phone interview.

It took me about 2 hours, we discussed Java2SE/EE stuff + algorithms/complexity + frameworks and little bit of RDBMS (JVM, class loaders, exceptions, collections, data structures, threads, concurrency, GC, memory areas, OutOfMemory problem solving, Servlets, JMS, JPA, JDBC, Spring, etc.). It also a couple of algorithmic (find k the nearest points on 2D field of n points, estimate complexity: n log k, n, n^2 for different solutions) and database (functional indexes, data group) tasks were introduced to solve.

Next stage was the Project Manager interview, on phone as well. It took me about 1 hour. Regular chat about the past experience, the reason of job searching, Scrum/Agile questions (which I'm not familiar to :-), honestly).

After 2 weeks I got a reject email with a reason, that my application had been rejected by customer (Deutsche Bank - which I haven't had an interview with).

Anyway, all process was well organized. I impressed with skills of all people I had had a contact. They're highly experienced in their areas. It was a pleasure to have a deal with Luxoft.

Interview Questions
    • How to investigate the OutOfMemory reason on a production instance? What are you going to do to prevent the problem in future? What approaches do you know to tune GC and JVM in terms of memory management?   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Luxoft.

Had 3 interviews - HR, QA Manager, Project Manager. Last one wasn't happy with me

Interview Questions
    • Strange simple questions from QA Manager. Like - tell me the diff between POP and SMTP. Really?   Answer Question

Business/Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bila Tserkva (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bila Tserkva (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Luxoft in November 2013.

Luxoft really needs people for positions of Business/Functional Analyst and gladly will invite you for the interview if you have any related experience (even if it's not clearly stated in your resume). At first they call and try to find out is your experience appropriate and what's your salary expectations. On the personal interview there's one step with HR people - usual common questions about previous job (why do you want to change, which negatives or difficulties you have with current job etc) and desired salary; second step with linear manager or your future team where you can be asked some professional quetions like theoretical ones (i.e. about databases, tables, normalization) or practical (i.e. write an SQL script). Overall all stuff is very friendly and open for questions, seem very interested to find 'right' person to their team.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between business and functional analyst?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omsk (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omsk (Russia)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Luxoft.

There were 3 interviews:
    1. With team leads in Luxoft office in person
    2. With HR manager
    3. Final interview - job offer

Intermediate .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Luxoft in September 2013.

1. HR contact via email
    2. Technical interview with Luxoft technical specialist via phone (1 hour)
    3. Interview with the client (Vancouver, BC, CA)... which I couldn't reach. :)

Interview Questions
    • 1. Explain HTTP protocol verbs other than GET and POST. :-O

2. How to initialize some public property in an ASP.Net MVC Controller, which depends on some currently processing request's parameter.

3. Three blocks (div) on a page with CSS "float" property set to "left" and three questions: a) how blocks will behave
      b) If we add another block with no styles - how it will be arranged on the page among other blocks
      c) WHY(!!!) float property works so?

4. Provide javascript code of class initialization. How to implement private method in javascript. And you are supposed to dictate the exact code via phone for all that stuff!!!

View Answers (2)