Luxoft Senior Java Developer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Luxoft in December 2013.

Recruiter has connected me through the LinkedIn. We discussed all options and arranged a technical phone interview.

It took me about 2 hours, we discussed Java2SE/EE stuff + algorithms/complexity + frameworks and little bit of RDBMS (JVM, class loaders, exceptions, collections, data structures, threads, concurrency, GC, memory areas, OutOfMemory problem solving, Servlets, JMS, JPA, JDBC, Spring, etc.). It also a couple of algorithmic (find k the nearest points on 2D field of n points, estimate complexity: n log k, n, n^2 for different solutions) and database (functional indexes, data group) tasks were introduced to solve.

Next stage was the Project Manager interview, on phone as well. It took me about 1 hour. Regular chat about the past experience, the reason of job searching, Scrum/Agile questions (which I'm not familiar to :-), honestly).

After 2 weeks I got a reject email with a reason, that my application had been rejected by customer (Deutsche Bank - which I haven't had an interview with).

Anyway, all process was well organized. I impressed with skills of all people I had had a contact. They're highly experienced in their areas. It was a pleasure to have a deal with Luxoft.

Interview Questions
  • How to investigate the OutOfMemory reason on a production instance? What are you going to do to prevent the problem in future? What approaches do you know to tune GC and JVM in terms of memory management?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Luxoft

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Luxoft in April 2012.

Long process, first 4 telephone technical interviews, then 1 face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you have a system of mailbox and mails dispatcher that depending on the mail address forwards mails to other locations. Fetching mails from mailbox by despatcher is time-constant process, but resolving address and forwarding to target place is slow. Design the system   View Answer

Got competitive salary elsewhere.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Svyatoshino (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Svyatoshino (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Luxoft in October 2009.

First - phone interview with local developer, than 2 phone interviews with guys from London

Interview Questions
    • Describe ways to map inheritance in hibernate   Answer Question
    • How would you mapped inheritance dynamically, i.e. not using DDL to map new classes?   Answer Question
    Try to find a quiet place