Luxottica Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Luxottica.

Interview

They reached out quickly after I submitted my resume, and we completed a phone interview. Afterwards, they were eager to schedule an in-person interview, but then rescheduled several times, which made it difficult to manage on my end with my current employer. After my in-person interview finally took place, I never heard back from them, even after following up with the team I met with. I assume I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about specific performance metrics for marketing initiatives I worked on at my current employer.   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Obetz, OH

Interview

I received a call from the HR Manager regarding a management position for the Obetz, Oh location and was extremely excited when I heard about the company and the position. I interviewed with a Sr Manager for approximately 3 hrs and thought everything went great. Almost 3 weeks went by and I followed up with the Sr Manager to see if I was still in the running for the position (He told me it would be roughly 3-4 weeks before I heard anything) During the follow up call, the Sr Manager told me he wanted me to meet with him again along with one of the VP's. He told me the HR Manager would be in contact with me to set up a time. Approximately 2 weeks later, I heard from the HR Manager and we scheduled a time for the 2nd interview. So...time for the 2nd interview. I get to the Obetz, Oh facility at the designated time where nobody is waiting for me. One of the employees was gracious enough to let me in the door, had me sign in, and I waited. Another employee asked if I had been helped, I said no and told her who I was supposed to meet so she walked off to retrieve the Sr Manager. 15 min later, the HR Manager came by and asked me if I had been helped. I told him who I was and who I was supposed to meet and he said he was the one I spoke to on the phone. He said the Sr Manager had the information on his calendar and he would go retrieve him so we could begin the 2nd interview. 10 minutes later, the HR Manager comes back and said he was just notified yesterday morning that the Sr Manager and the VP decided to go with another candidate and he neglected to call and tell me the information. Really??? Something just isn't quite sitting right. You have me wait 15 min for an interview that isn't going to happen and then, when you hear who I am you have me wait another 10 min just to tell me the position is already taken and you forgot to tell me? Sorry. Wow!! Excellent HR skills bub!! Wouldn't you have just told me that when you found out who I was? Seems that either HR really has no skills what so ever or they like to flat out lie to people. Looking back, I'm glad I am not working for a company that would treat a prospective employee in this manner!!! It would have been nice to hear from the Sr Manager, whom I interviewed with for 3 hours, that the position had already been taken. Better yet, It would have been nice to hear from anybody that the position had already been taken rather than wasting my time. I would strongly recommend not pursuing a career with this company seeing the way they treat people.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Luxottica (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially emailed the Regional Manger through LinkedIn. I got a reply within the first 24 hours. Regional Manager was very professional. Interview was 1 hour. I enjoyed the interview and asked a lot of questions ( which all were answered honestly and without hesitation). I received an offer a few days later; which was followed by a background check. I accepted the offer and started working for Sunglass Hut 2 weeks later. The interview process was text book. I had a great first impression with the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a successful Store Manager?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview

One case interview, one behavioral interview. Case interview is about Homedepot. Many SKUs. By analysis, I was asked to reduce the number of SKUs and give reasons to do that. Behavioral interview was normal. No surprises.

Rotational Program Interview

Interview

They went through my University's recruitment process. I was contacted after a job fair and interviewed with them. Before the interview a representative from the company came to tell us about Luxottica and the position that we were interviewing for. The interview went well.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Luxottica (Port Washington, NY).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a message 2 months later from HR regarding my resume. I followed up not once but twice that week only to never recieve a call back. If that's how the company is represented thanks but I'll pass. Not surprising that the position is still open months later.

Interview Questions

• There were none; HR left a message to call them back then did not return calls.   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Luxottica (Novi, MI).

Interview

It was a group interview and a complete waste of time. They asked stupid questions such as if your life was made into a movie who would you pick to play you. The managers didnt seem like they knew what they were doing which is why they are always hiring new employees and managers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was name a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

It seemed as if I would not get that many hours.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Interview

I had a group interview. Pretty much the most ridiculous, absurd and unprofessional situation I've ever been in. Sitting there listening to bad interviewees answer questions poorly and ramble on for 10 minutes is a complete waste of my time. There were 5 other candidates. We were to introduce ourselves and answer 3 questions. The interview lasted for 3 HOURS. All they did was chit-chat and waste my time, making me miss actual important interviews. Group interviews are incredibly time consuming and completely disrespectful to the potential employee. If you are indeed going to have a group interview, you need to learn how to control the situation properly. There was actually two people who arrived over 30 minutes late to the interview. I wouldn't have let them in if they were 2 minutes late! I have no idea how these people became managers. If you want to sit there and have a discussion about tons of things with a interviewee... that's fine.. do it on your own time! It's not fair to make me sit there through it when i'm just trying to have a normal professional interview. If they had held individual interviews, it would have taken a fraction of the time, and we wouldn't have had to waste our time in the process.

Interview Questions

• One question was: When is a time you had to be very accurate?   1 Answer

I was embarrassed for them and completely shocked at how unprofessional and poor their interview was. I would never work for that management team or this company in general.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Luxottica (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I filled out an application and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. The interview took place in the store while the manager was still helping other customers in the store. We stood at the checkout counter to talk and had to pause the interview when customers needed assistance.

Interview Questions

• "Pretend I am a customer and try to sell me a pair of sunglasses."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Luxottica (Clinton, CT).

Interview

When I received the application, the store manager and I talked shortly about the job and what kind of tasks were necessary to fill the position. Upon submitting my application, I was contacted and interviewed the next day and was professionally talked to while still treating me like a normal person. Great experience, made me want to work for the company. Company standards easily understood as well as what benefits would come with the job.

Interview Questions

• None really. We discussed work history, work experience, the classic "how would you handle this situation" question. The only thing I didn't really expect, but handled without difficulty, was the question "what is your favorite brand of sunglasses." Makes sense really, just wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question