Luxottica Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I had a group interview. Pretty much the most ridiculous, absurd and unprofessional situation I've ever been in. Sitting there listening to bad interviewees answer questions poorly and ramble on for 10 minutes is a complete waste of my time. There were 5 other candidates. We were to introduce ourselves and answer 3 questions. The interview lasted for 3 HOURS. All they did was chit-chat and waste my time, making me miss actual important interviews. Group interviews are incredibly time consuming and completely disrespectful to the potential employee. If you are indeed going to have a group interview, you need to learn how to control the situation properly. There was actually two people who arrived over 30 minutes late to the interview. I wouldn't have let them in if they were 2 minutes late! I have no idea how these people became managers. If you want to sit there and have a discussion about tons of things with a interviewee... that's fine.. do it on your own time! It's not fair to make me sit there through it when i'm just trying to have a normal professional interview. If they had held individual interviews, it would have taken a fraction of the time, and we wouldn't have had to waste our time in the process.

Interview Questions
    • One question was: When is a time you had to be very accurate?   View Answer

I was embarrassed for them and completely shocked at how unprofessional and poor their interview was. I would never work for that management team or this company in general.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Luxottica.

I filled out an application and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. The interview took place in the store while the manager was still helping other customers in the store. We stood at the checkout counter to talk and had to pause the interview when customers needed assistance.

Interview Questions
    • "Pretend I am a customer and try to sell me a pair of sunglasses."   Answer Question

Sunglass Hut Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in April 2014.

My initial interview was via phone. It took nearly two weeks to schedule and then when I was finally scheduled and phoned in for my interview, I was told that my interview was the previous day and I couldn't interview that day. After a second attempt, the regional manager never responded about the position. Four months later I received a text message asking me to interview again.

The second interview took place in the mall in an open seating area with people napping around us. The interviewer took no notes and didn't follow any kind of script.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you passionate about Sunglass Hut?   View Answer
    No negotiation. The offer was via phone and took two weeks to receive my official offer.

Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Luxottica in June 2010.

You take an online exam and then about a week later they call you in for an interview with the store manager. After you have the interview with the store manager, you then have one with the regional manager. Questions are pretty easy and typical of retail.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me why I should buy this pair of ray bans   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clinton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Luxottica.

When I received the application, the store manager and I talked shortly about the job and what kind of tasks were necessary to fill the position. Upon submitting my application, I was contacted and interviewed the next day and was professionally talked to while still treating me like a normal person. Great experience, made me want to work for the company. Company standards easily understood as well as what benefits would come with the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. We discussed work history, work experience, the classic "how would you handle this situation" question. The only thing I didn't really expect, but handled without difficulty, was the question "what is your favorite brand of sunglasses." Makes sense really, just wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in March 2014.

I had 4 interviews, one phone interview and 3 in-person interviews, that ended with no offer. I had the requirements for the job and knew that I could excel in the position but they added another task to the position. For the pay they were offering, I no longer was interested in the position. The questions asked during the interview were standard and were not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What project did you work on from that from any of your job experiences that shows your strengthens?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Luxottica.

Detailed interview, mostly functional and skills related, telephone as well as personal

Interview Questions
    • No expected questions on why you left a certain company   View Answer

Retail Manager Interview

recruiter/phone/in person

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in August 2010.

Was a simple process, they found my resume and the hr personnel reached out to me to screen and set up an interview. 3 in person interviews reviewing my experience afterwards and a week later received an offer letter.

Manufacturing Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Luxottica in March 2011.

Behavioral style questions, and an online assessment test

Interview Questions

Worked for Luxottica? Contribute to the Community!