Luxottica

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. The interview took place in the store while the manager was still helping other customers in the store. We stood at the checkout counter to talk and had to pause the interview when customers needed assistance.

Interview Question – "Pretend I am a customer and try to sell me a pair of sunglasses."   Answer Question

Sunglass Hut Store Manager Interview

Sunglass Hut Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in April 2014.

Interview Details – My initial interview was via phone. It took nearly two weeks to schedule and then when I was finally scheduled and phoned in for my interview, I was told that my interview was the previous day and I couldn't interview that day. After a second attempt, the regional manager never responded about the position. Four months later I received a text message asking me to interview again.

The second interview took place in the mall in an open seating area with people napping around us. The interviewer took no notes and didn't follow any kind of script.

Interview Question – Why are you passionate about Sunglass Hut?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was via phone and took two weeks to receive my official offer.

Very Easy Interview

Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate Interview

Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate
Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Luxottica in June 2010.

Interview Details – You take an online exam and then about a week later they call you in for an interview with the store manager. After you have the interview with the store manager, you then have one with the regional manager. Questions are pretty easy and typical of retail.

Interview Question – Convince me why I should buy this pair of ray bans   View Answer

Clinton, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview Details – When I received the application, the store manager and I talked shortly about the job and what kind of tasks were necessary to fill the position. Upon submitting my application, I was contacted and interviewed the next day and was professionally talked to while still treating me like a normal person. Great experience, made me want to work for the company. Company standards easily understood as well as what benefits would come with the job.

Interview Question – None really. We discussed work history, work experience, the classic "how would you handle this situation" question. The only thing I didn't really expect, but handled without difficulty, was the question "what is your favorite brand of sunglasses." Makes sense really, just wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews, one phone interview and 3 in-person interviews, that ended with no offer. I had the requirements for the job and knew that I could excel in the position but they added another task to the position. For the pay they were offering, I no longer was interested in the position. The questions asked during the interview were standard and were not difficult.

Interview Question – What project did you work on from that from any of your job experiences that shows your strengthens?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Mason, OH

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview Details – Detailed interview, mostly functional and skills related, telephone as well as personal

Interview Question – No expected questions on why you left a certain company   View Answer

Retail Manager Interview

Retail Manager

Interviewed at Luxottica

Interview Details – recruiter/phone/in person

Interview Question – Who was the most difficult person you managed?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was a simple process, they found my resume and the hr personnel reached out to me to screen and set up an interview. 3 in person interviews reviewing my experience afterwards and a week later received an offer letter.

Manufacturing Positions Interview

Manufacturing Positions
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Luxottica in March 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral style questions, and an online assessment test

Interview Question – Behavioral style questions   Answer Question

Albertville, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Luxottica in August 2013.

Interview Details – First was asked a series of general work related questions, like was my strongest skills were, what I could improve on, etc. We also discussed my previous work experience and how I could apply it to this position. I was also taken out onto the floor to role-play on what it would be like to sell the merchandise.

Interview Question – "What pair looks better with my face shape?" (during role-play)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, the rate of pay starts at minimum.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Luxottica

Worked for Luxottica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luxottica interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Luxottica employees and interview candidates.