Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Luxottica
- Sales Associate (18)
- Assistant Manager (5)
- Sunglass Hut - Sales Associate (4)
- Sunglass Hut Store Manager (3)
- Store Manager (3)
- Sales Consultant (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Promotions Coordinator (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Office Assistant (1)
- Retail Manager (1)
- Rotational Program (1)
- Corporate Trainer (1)
- Social Media Manager (1)
- Optometrist (1)
- Internship (1)
- Intern (1)
- Accounts Receivable (1)
- Manufacturing (1)
- Management (1)
- Junior Accountant (1)
- Apprentice Optician (1)
- Maintenance Tech I (1)
- Key Account Manager (1)
- Key Holder (1)
- Senior Brand Manager - Italy HQ (1)
- Corporate Manages (1)
- Manufacturing Positions (1)
- Receiving Clerk (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Luxottica in April 2014.
My initial interview was via phone. It took nearly two weeks to schedule and then when I was finally scheduled and phoned in for my interview, I was told that my interview was the previous day and I couldn't interview that day. After a second attempt, the regional manager never responded about the position. Four months later I received a text message asking me to interview again.
The second interview took place in the mall in an open seating area with people napping around us. The interviewer took no notes and didn't follow any kind of script.
- Why are you passionate about Sunglass Hut? 1 Answer
No negotiation. The offer was via phone and took two weeks to receive my official offer.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Luxottica (New York, NY) in March 2014.
I had 4 interviews, one phone interview and 3 in-person interviews, that ended with no offer. I had the requirements for the job and knew that I could excel in the position but they added another task to the position. For the pay they were offering, I no longer was interested in the position. The questions asked during the interview were standard and were not difficult.
- What project did you work on from that from any of your job experiences that shows your strengthens? Answer Question
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Luxottica (Richmond, CA) in November 2013.
Talked to the manager and got registered and trained within about a week from submitting a background check for the position. Then on hands training was easy and the manager was supportive and makes sure you understand everything.
- Background check. Answer Question
They said a number and I said yeah.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day – interviewed at Luxottica in November 2013.
It was a group interview with many people. We started out all as a group where they talked about the company, then we broke off into individual interviews. We each met with two different interviewers. The job was for a call center position, which I wasn't crazy about, but I wanted it for the potential of moving up in the company.
- Why did you leave your last job? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Luxottica (Naples, FL) in August 2013.
- what to do with disgruntled customers. 1 Answer
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at Luxottica (Albertville, MN) in August 2013.
First was asked a series of general work related questions, like was my strongest skills were, what I could improve on, etc. We also discussed my previous work experience and how I could apply it to this position. I was also taken out onto the floor to role-play on what it would be like to sell the merchandise.
- "What pair looks better with my face shape?" (during role-play) 1 Answer
There was none, the rate of pay starts at minimum.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Luxottica (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2013.
Will ask questions concerning your selling skills and customer service skills. Will ask basics of how many hours you're looking for and goals you've made while selling.
- Would you be comfortable working holiday hours? Answer Question
did not try to negotiate
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Luxottica (Aiea, HI) in December 2012.
The manager asked about My optical skills and selling ability.
- None really she seen I had 7 yrs exp and only wanted to know where I worked before. 1 Answer
They have set limits to what can be offered. I am unlicensed so I was only authorized $11.00 an hour. If I was licensed, years of exp would put me in a higher pay rate.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Luxottica Employees Are Saying
1 person found this helpful
Pros: “I love working for sunglass hut because you are not limited by many rules, it allows you to be creative and make the best of your judgement. Also if you love to sell, this is your place to…” “I love working for sunglass hut because you are not limited by many rules, it allows you to be creative and make the best of your judgement. Also if you love to sell, this is your place to shine.” – Full Review