Luxottica Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I had a group interview. Pretty much the most ridiculous, absurd and unprofessional situation I've ever been in. Sitting there listening to bad interviewees answer questions poorly and ramble on for 10 minutes is a complete waste of my time. There were 5 other candidates. We were to introduce ourselves and answer 3 questions. The interview lasted for 3 HOURS. All they did was chit-chat and waste my time, making me miss actual important interviews. Group interviews are incredibly time consuming and completely disrespectful to the potential employee. If you are indeed going to have a group interview, you need to learn how to control the situation properly. There was actually two people who arrived over 30 minutes late to the interview. I wouldn't have let them in if they were 2 minutes late! I have no idea how these people became managers. If you want to sit there and have a discussion about tons of things with a interviewee... that's fine.. do it on your own time! It's not fair to make me sit there through it when i'm just trying to have a normal professional interview. If they had held individual interviews, it would have taken a fraction of the time, and we wouldn't have had to waste our time in the process.

Interview Questions
  • One question was: When is a time you had to be very accurate?   View Answer

I was embarrassed for them and completely shocked at how unprofessional and poor their interview was. I would never work for that management team or this company in general.

Other Interview Reviews for Luxottica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Luxottica.

I filled out an application and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. The interview took place in the store while the manager was still helping other customers in the store. We stood at the checkout counter to talk and had to pause the interview when customers needed assistance.

Interview Questions
    • "Pretend I am a customer and try to sell me a pair of sunglasses."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Luxottica.

When I received the application, the store manager and I talked shortly about the job and what kind of tasks were necessary to fill the position. Upon submitting my application, I was contacted and interviewed the next day and was professionally talked to while still treating me like a normal person. Great experience, made me want to work for the company. Company standards easily understood as well as what benefits would come with the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. We discussed work history, work experience, the classic "how would you handle this situation" question. The only thing I didn't really expect, but handled without difficulty, was the question "what is your favorite brand of sunglasses." Makes sense really, just wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Luxottica in November 2013.

Talked to the manager and got registered and trained within about a week from submitting a background check for the position. Then on hands training was easy and the manager was supportive and makes sure you understand everything.

Interview Questions
    They said a number and I said yeah.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albertville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albertville, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Luxottica in August 2013.

First was asked a series of general work related questions, like was my strongest skills were, what I could improve on, etc. We also discussed my previous work experience and how I could apply it to this position. I was also taken out onto the floor to role-play on what it would be like to sell the merchandise.

Interview Questions
    • "What pair looks better with my face shape?" (during role-play)   View Answer
    There was none, the rate of pay starts at minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Luxottica in October 2012.

It was very easy, you just have to be an excited, young, hip, fashion-forward, knowledgeable person!

Interview Questions
    • Showing some fashion background. Lucky for me i knew about the story of Versace, poor Donnatella.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, tried to ask for more, but was turned down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Luxottica in May 2012.

The first interview is started as soon as you fill out the paper application. They will most likely test out your skills with a mock trail of your selling skills so be prepared to pitch as too why they should buy what your given as an example ( a stapler, a calculator,etc.) and make sure to include other stuff that compliments the example object as they also like for their sales associates to be making multiple sales so it will help your chances of landing a good first impression. The second interview is where they actually try you out by putting you out on the sales floor and watch how you perform during the interactions and closing of sales then followed by the general interview of question about scheduling, past experience, and the occasional question about style and wardrobe choice.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the second interview is that you have to makes sure you convey that you have a lot of energy when your on the sales floor   View Answer
    They are pretty much flexible with hours and do start you of at a base pay so that is the only thing non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Luxottica in December 2011.

Sunglass Hut has recently switched to the group panel interview process. It would help in the interview process if you have some product and brand knowledge about Sunglass Hut and the lines that they carry. Personality and energy has become a focus company wide. Basic sales and interpersonal skills are a must.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Luxottica in August 2011.

After my friend recommended me for the job i met up wihtt he manager and had to fill out a few applications. We then held an interview in the park about two weeks later and he asked me a few questions about my experience and why im choosing to work for this company. then an offer was given soon after

Interview Questions
    • What situations have i had at a prior job that had me working alone and what did I do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Luxottica in July 2011.

I applied online and i got a call to schedule my interview. so when the day finally came, I wore all black because that's there dress code and i was extremely nervous. I went in but had to wait a little so I looked around. when they finally called me, i first met up with the regional manager which was extremely kind. they sat me in that back on a different table to sign an application, agreement papers, etc. then she bought me to another table basically just asking questions about me. then some job situation questions. she then told me to read two pages of their rules, dress code, policy, etc. then i finally met with the second manager who was the store manager. he was nice, he just asked me similar questions about me and job situation questions. they then both agreed for me to do an audition. he brought me to the front and asked me to sell him something. i just basically just asked him a bunch of questions awhile trying to sell him glasses he asked for. after, we had a small talk about how he thinks i was good and its good that im a nice person and i know how to keep a conversation. he then said he was going to call me after they do all their interviews for the week. i didn't hear from them ever since. but it's okay, I hired at victoria secret ;)

Interview Questions
    • If you were a pair of glasses, what would you be? like what color, shape, etc?   Answer Question