Luxottica

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was contacted by phone for an in-person interview. The interview took place in the store while the manager was still helping other customers in the store. We stood at the checkout counter to talk and had to pause the interview when customers needed assistance.

Interview Question – "Pretend I am a customer and try to sell me a pair of sunglasses."   Answer Question

Clinton, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Luxottica.

Interview Details – When I received the application, the store manager and I talked shortly about the job and what kind of tasks were necessary to fill the position. Upon submitting my application, I was contacted and interviewed the next day and was professionally talked to while still treating me like a normal person. Great experience, made me want to work for the company. Company standards easily understood as well as what benefits would come with the job.

Interview Question – None really. We discussed work history, work experience, the classic "how would you handle this situation" question. The only thing I didn't really expect, but handled without difficulty, was the question "what is your favorite brand of sunglasses." Makes sense really, just wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Albertville, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Luxottica in August 2013.

Interview Details – First was asked a series of general work related questions, like was my strongest skills were, what I could improve on, etc. We also discussed my previous work experience and how I could apply it to this position. I was also taken out onto the floor to role-play on what it would be like to sell the merchandise.

Interview Question – "What pair looks better with my face shape?" (during role-play)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, the rate of pay starts at minimum.

Richmond, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Luxottica in November 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to the manager and got registered and trained within about a week from submitting a background check for the position. Then on hands training was easy and the manager was supportive and makes sure you understand everything.

Interview Question – Background check.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said a number and I said yeah.

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in May 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview is started as soon as you fill out the paper application. They will most likely test out your skills with a mock trail of your selling skills so be prepared to pitch as too why they should buy what your given as an example ( a stapler, a calculator,etc.) and make sure to include other stuff that compliments the example object as they also like for their sales associates to be making multiple sales so it will help your chances of landing a good first impression. The second interview is where they actually try you out by putting you out on the sales floor and watch how you perform during the interactions and closing of sales then followed by the general interview of question about scheduling, past experience, and the occasional question about style and wardrobe choice.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the second interview is that you have to makes sure you convey that you have a lot of energy when your on the sales floor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are pretty much flexible with hours and do start you of at a base pay so that is the only thing non negotiable

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Luxottica in December 2011.

Interview Details – Sunglass Hut has recently switched to the group panel interview process. It would help in the interview process if you have some product and brand knowledge about Sunglass Hut and the lines that they carry. Personality and energy has become a focus company wide. Basic sales and interpersonal skills are a must.

Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Luxottica in August 2011.

Interview Details – After my friend recommended me for the job i met up wihtt he manager and had to fill out a few applications. We then held an interview in the park about two weeks later and he asked me a few questions about my experience and why im choosing to work for this company. then an offer was given soon after

Interview Question – What situations have i had at a prior job that had me working alone and what did I do   Answer Question

Greensburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Luxottica in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was very easy, you just have to be an excited, young, hip, fashion-forward, knowledgeable person!

Interview Question – Showing some fashion background. Lucky for me i knew about the story of Versace, poor Donnatella.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, tried to ask for more, but was turned down.

Evansville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Luxottica in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied in person, got a call a few days later from the manager to set up an interview. Interview was one-on-one but pretty relaxed. She asked me to give a lot of examples of past work experiences, what I did in a certain scenario. After the interview she gave me drug test papers and said she would call me later that day to set up a second interview with the manager of another Sunglass Hut. The second interview took about 15 minutes. Most of the questions were the same. I got hired shortly after this.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma in the workplace.   Answer Question

Pearl City, HI

The process took a day - interviewed at Luxottica in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and i got a call to schedule my interview. so when the day finally came, I wore all black because that's there dress code and i was extremely nervous. I went in but had to wait a little so I looked around. when they finally called me, i first met up with the regional manager which was extremely kind. they sat me in that back on a different table to sign an application, agreement papers, etc. then she bought me to another table basically just asking questions about me. then some job situation questions. she then told me to read two pages of their rules, dress code, policy, etc. then i finally met with the second manager who was the store manager. he was nice, he just asked me similar questions about me and job situation questions. they then both agreed for me to do an audition. he brought me to the front and asked me to sell him something. i just basically just asked him a bunch of questions awhile trying to sell him glasses he asked for. after, we had a small talk about how he thinks i was good and its good that im a nice person and i know how to keep a conversation. he then said he was going to call me after they do all their interviews for the week. i didn't hear from them ever since. but it's okay, I hired at victoria secret ;)

Interview Question – If you were a pair of glasses, what would you be? like what color, shape, etc?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Luxottica

Worked for Luxottica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Luxottica Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Luxottica employees and interview candidates.