Lymba

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lymba in March 2012.

Interview Details – First person to contact you will have you do a simple programming test. Trivial complete the code used to filter out people who can't read code.

Phone interview was a conference call with several people on the team. They go over your experience, interests, and then ask some more trivial programming questions. Everyone was very polite throughout the process.

Next step is a series of on site interviews that basically were the same as the phone interview. Since it's a small company, you essentially meet everyone there through the interviews. Theoretical questions were a little bit harder, but still easy. Technical questions were again very basic, but if you're like me you choke up when being questioned. Know your C++, and UNIX well, as they are the main tools used.

I had a great time during the interview process, everyone was friendly and respectful. That's what I would like to say until 2 weeks later when I had to force them to respond. Companies that neglect to tell someone 'no' are completely unprofessional and disrespectful to the interviewee. Small companies have even less of an excuse.

Interview Question – Basic algorithm and efficiency questions about common NLP data structures (hashtables, trees, etc). Implementation question on how you could get optimal efficiency with one structure.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Lymba in February 2009.

Interview Details – Their hiring staff found my resume through careerbuilder, then contacted me.
First, I took a one hour online c++ test related to binary search tree. I didn't do well.
Then a phone interview with two people.
Then an onsite inerterivew, with coding skill testing and behavior questions.

Overall, it went quite smooth.

Interview Question – online test in c++   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lymba? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lymba interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Lymba employees and interview candidates.