Lynx Capital Partners

Lynx Capital Partners Interview Questions & Reviews

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in January 2011.

Interview Details – Behavior Questions,
Finance knowledge such as beta

Interview Question – Teach him sth   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in January 2011.

Interview Details – 1) make sure you know your math. be ready for questions like 26^2. or what is 17 x 28? And be ready to answer in less than 1 minute
2) brain teasers
3) story plots
4) why are you interested in trading?
5) You have 1 minute to teach me something, GO!
6) What attributes make up a trader do you have these, provide examples of why?
7) favorite class? least favorite class and why?
8) whos your role model/ mentor? why?
9) you have to be able to think on your feet

Interview Question – Teach me something...You have 1 minute.   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

Equity Trader
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the trading floor. The interviewer kept jumping topics and was candidly conversing with the traders. He asked various questions about my work history and college experience. He also asked a couple logic questions that were easy to answer. Told me to send an email in couple days, but still haven't heard back yet.

Interview Question – How many times will you write 'nine' if you wrote out the numbers 1 to 100?   View Answers (5)

Proprietary Tradign Interview

Proprietary Tradign
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview takes place on the trading floor of the first year traders...they ask you a couple mathematical questions such as how many 9's between 1 -100 ...A distance question with a two trains going at each other 50mph ...100 miles apart....with a bee in front of one train going back and forth at 60 mph...what is the distance he goes....behavioral questions such as why you want to be a trader and define success.

Interview Question – get a minature eifel tower for 10 euros...bring it back... and you mom says she wants one twice the size...how much would it cost and the relationship is described linearlly   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Trader

The process took a day - interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in April 2010.

Interview Details – Showed up, told them that I can trade and that I can put up $5000. Negotiated a commission rate. Done

Interview Question – Can you trade? Do you make money?   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

Equity Trader

The process took a day - interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in June 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Lynx Capital after having applied through my college’s career website. When I first went in to interview, many of the traders I met were friendly. Just make sure that when you go to interview, you have an opinion about the markets and can express your ideas eloquently.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lynx Capital Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lynx Capital Partners interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lynx Capital Partners employees and interview candidates.