LyondellBasell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at LyondellBasell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Good communication. Interview was thorough. Emphasis seems to be on recruiting out of school and less on retaining tenured employees. But it has been some time since I went through the process. Current process is half-hazard. Current HR folks seem to be new as tenured ones don't seem to stick around. That should have been a canary in a coal mine message.

Interview Question – Process specific questions were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be picky and choosy. In this job market in Texas, you can afford to be. Ask for flex work schedule even though upper management hates it.

Chemical Engineering Co-Op III Interview

Chemical Engineering Co-Op III
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at LyondellBasell in August 2013.

Interview Details – After previous internship, your manager and HR will fill out two forms for recommendation on whether you should stay, change group, change function or not stay within the company. Large part of it depend on your final presentation. Then your manager will do an exit interview with you. If you didn’t stay the summer afterwards and think about full-time you most likely need to interview again

Interview Question – If you can choose another function group in the company, what would it be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better options

Mechanical Reliability Engineer Interview

Mechanical Reliability Engineer

Interviewed at LyondellBasell

Interview Details – Did an on campus interview, the interviewer and his wife was there. Both working at LyondellBasell. The wife asked some questions before the actual interview since it was a rolling process. Just basic questions such as what's your dream job, why do you want to work here, etc. Very casual. The actual interview was much the same, did not ask how pressing questions, just general such as what's your strength and weakness, etc. Only company related was, out of these industries which one would you prefer and why. Pretty straight forward interview, they were only looking for 2 or 3 interns and I was not selected.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at LyondellBasell in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly interviewer. Typical questions up and down:

-Resume walk-through
-Biggest weakness
-Tell me a time when you ______

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a significant mistake   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist

Interviewed at LyondellBasell

Interview Details – The interview process is very professional for the most part. The panel interviews should only involve the direct reports and the sales person.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a difficult person you worked with before. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operator Interview

Operator
Channelview, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell in December 2013.

Interview Details – Asked questions about skills listed on resume. Asked why I wanted to work for thier company. Lots of safety questions. Must show an interest to work weekend and holidays without hesitation. Tested, received email a week later scheduling interview. Interview lasted 30 mins. Phone call 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Question – What do you consider to be most important when trying to resolve conflict with other personnel in the workplace?   Answer Question

IT Business Interview

IT Business
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college recruiters. First interview was on campus. Second interview was at the company site.

Interview Question – Interviewed with 4 different managers.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview Details – Went golfing with two of the recruiters through University of Texas at Austin and talked with more recruiters at the career fair. Applied online and interviewed on campus. Heard back from them about a month later.

Interview Question – The entire interview was behavioral, so no difficult questions. Just your typical "How would you handle a situation like this" type of questions.   Answer Question

Marketing/Communications Specialist Interview

Marketing/Communications Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter. After the phone screen, I was invited to interview in person. Based on my research, I fully expected a behavioral-style interview. However, my experience was different. The first person I met with asked me a few general questions about my previous experience.
I was told that there had been a "huge" number of responses to the job opening and that they were going to interview close to 100 people. Then I met with the manager who would be my supervisor. Again, there were very few "real" questions posed, mostly an explanation of how the department functioned.
There was a specific project that was explained to me but when I attempted to ask probing questions about how they wanted to approach this, I was shut down. By the time I met with the HR rep, I was no longer interested in the job.

Interview Question – I was asked how many siblings I had and what our birth order is.   Answer Question

Engineer Coop Interview

Engineer Coop

I applied through college or university and interviewed at LyondellBasell.

Interview Details – The interview was through my college recruiting. The questions were all behavioral based questions, and the interviewer was very nice and laid back.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you were grouped with a team member who did not contribute to the team. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Worked for LyondellBasell? Contribute to the Community!