LyondellBasell North America Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014
8 interviews

3.2

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in March 2014.

I went to a career fair that was provided through the universities career center with roughly 100 companies in attendance. Lyondell was present and I talked to them about what they did and gave them my resume. They gave me a call that night to set up an interview for the following day. The interview consisted of basic questions concerning teamwork situations and how to handle different changes to projects. They gave me a call about 2 and a half weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest questions were the ones concerning some project changes that were implemented on one of the engineering design projects I was working on.   Answer Question
    None.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in May 2010.

HR was efficient in scheduling interviews with the hiring manager and corresponding team members. Interviews very professional.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation possible

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in February 2012.

several managers will interview candidates for potential position. be careful of position being offered because it may evolve to another position that will doom career.

inflexible

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in December 2011.

Terrible
    Hiring folks don't know where company is heading
    Very unprofessional in terms of explaining about company future
    Seems hiring panel themselves are frustrated

BEWARE,BEWARE,BEWARE of this company

horrible hiring folks
    lack of committment
    confused
    not consistent in theri opinion

I feel serious problem going on in this company
    I should not have accepted to travel to Houston for final round
    Please don't try this company if you have a safe job

LUCKILU, I did not accept as I have a safe n sound job with me

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in February 2011.

In this interview they asked me about some technical experiences, so describing specific processes and projects in my classes. They also asked me to name times when I was in a group and my role. Another question they asked was a time I made a process more efficient. It was an oncampus interview set up through our career services.

Laboratory Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in June 2009.

The process consisted of several one on one interviews with people that worked in the area, the hiring manager, and human resources.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your accomplisments in current position.   View Answer
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in April 2010.

All went fine

Good.. and considerable

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in March 2008.

Overall the interview was not difficult however the questions were quite general, and since each interviewer has different perspective it was not easy to find the common answers/responses.

Interview Questions
    • How would you fit in?   Answer Question
    • Given a situation where the customer wants you to do something that is against your company policy, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for LyondellBasell North America? Contribute to the Community!