LyondellBasell North America

Unclaimed Profile

LyondellBasell North America Interview Questions

3.2

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America in March 2014.

Interview

I went to a career fair that was provided through the universities career center with roughly 100 companies in attendance. Lyondell was present and I talked to them about what they did and gave them my resume. They gave me a call that night to set up an interview for the following day. The interview consisted of basic questions concerning teamwork situations and how to handle different changes to projects. They gave me a call about 2 and a half weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The toughest questions were the ones concerning some project changes that were implemented on one of the engineering design projects I was working on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

several managers will interview candidates for potential position. be careful of position being offered because it may evolve to another position that will doom career.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

inflexible

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Terrible
    Hiring folks don't know where company is heading
    Very unprofessional in terms of explaining about company future
    Seems hiring panel themselves are frustrated

BEWARE,BEWARE,BEWARE of this company

horrible hiring folks
    lack of committment
    confused
    not consistent in theri opinion

I feel serious problem going on in this company
    I should not have accepted to travel to Houston for final round
    Please don't try this company if you have a safe job

LUCKILU, I did not accept as I have a safe n sound job with me

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

In this interview they asked me about some technical experiences, so describing specific processes and projects in my classes. They also asked me to name times when I was in a group and my role. Another question they asked was a time I made a process more efficient. It was an oncampus interview set up through our career services.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

HR was efficient in scheduling interviews with the hiring manager and corresponding team members. Interviews very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation possible

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

All went fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.. and considerable

Laboratory Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of several one on one interviews with people that worked in the area, the hiring manager, and human resources.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your accomplisments in current position.   1 Answer
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

Overall the interview was not difficult however the questions were quite general, and since each interviewer has different perspective it was not easy to find the common answers/responses.

Interview Questions

• How would you fit in?   Answer Question
    • Given a situation where the customer wants you to do something that is against your company policy, how would you handle it?   Answer Question