Lyris

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance and Accounting Interview

Emeryville, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lyris in January 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with the recruiter contacting me, indicating the opportunity, and being very candid about the transition at the senior management level, underway since the new CEO joined in Aug 2010.
From the initial communication with the recruiter, the recruiting team and interviewing team was clear about the challenges ahead. They were thorough and organized. It appeared that interviewers had been properly prepped and had clear and relevant questions. I found the experience reassuring. I would offer to future candidates that they read up on the new management team, and be prepared to ask direct and intelligent questions back to the interviewing team.

My perception of the people I met -- intelligent, dedicated, committed to changing the company to be a top place to work. The office and work culture is changing -- new leadership seems committed to create a high integrity, passionate and progressive workplace culture.

Interview Question – How connected are you to social media? Describe how you use social media in your professional life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Looking at the rest of the GlassDoor salary information, Lyris seems to be paying competitive wage. I'd recommend that candidates ask about the total compensation package -- salary, incentives, stock, and benefits, before beginning any negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Lyris

Worked for Lyris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lyris Finance and Accounting interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Lyris employees and interview candidates.