Médecins Sans Frontières

Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Assistant Interview

Communications Assistant

Interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières

Interview Details – only 1 round standard interview in front of 2 managers, casual chatting, asking about background, belief, understanding toward the organization.

Interview Question – are u familiar with e-commerce?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Logistician Interview

Field Logistician
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted written application, sent to France for validation, approved. Met a representative in a hotel room for short conversation of behavioural questions. I.e. what would you do if you were stressed, what are difficult situations you have faced and how did you deal with them.
Did quick written exam of general knowledge of engineering. Questions about cars, generators, electricity, water, concrete, construction.

Interview Question – Tell a time when you had to admonish someone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Field Coordinator Interview

Field Coordinator

Interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with the completion of an online application. I was contacted via email one month after application and was invited for a telephone screening interview a month later.

The screening interview lasted 12 minutes. Although I have not yet advanced to the next stage, I was told I would be contacted in 1 or 2 weeks regarding the status of my application. If still found to be competitive, I would be invited to an in-person interview. If approved, I would attend a 3-day training course before being entered on the job roster for deployment. I was told the deployment process takes 6-9 months on average.

Interview Questions

Field Officer Interview

Field Officer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was very interesting process, other than the usual interview (via skype) there was also a recruitment center which is a day long workshop to explore one's ability to interact with others and to see if they are team players. I found it very useful in the way that it provided me with some self awareness.

Interview Question – I was presented with the problem of a number of people trapped in a cave and was asked on how to coordinate their exit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The process was very relaxed and transparent, the HR coordinator was very clear regarding the rules and regulations. All my questions were answered.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Médecins Sans Frontières? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Médecins Sans Frontières interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Médecins Sans Frontières employees and interview candidates.