M.C. Dean, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in September 2014.

Talk to three different people, one not technical at all, two technical. The interview took about an hour and none of the interviewers seemed to know much about software engineering. This made for an awkward interview since I knew what I was talking about but the interviewers did not; I could have given completely bogus answers and I don't think that they would have known the difference.

Interview Questions
    • A side question about an unrelated software product that the interviewer had heard of; did not know the answer and it was unrelated to the interview.   Answer Question

Interviewers left me with the impression that they did not understand the value of software engineers; it seemed like they were trying to fill a position quickly. Prospects for future jobs beyond the immediate position seemed dim. Offer was much too low for the position. Talk of benefits was vague; no specifics were given, supposedly to come at the indoctrination.

Tech Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in February 2014.

Applied a week before, a recruiter emailed me and called me to set up a phone interview. Originally they set up the phone interview for a few days later, but then the recruiter emailed me and re-scheduled it for three weeks later. I guess I should have seen the red flags, because the person who was to be interviewing me called me 15 mins late (didn't apologize), and seemed so disinterested and aloof from start to finish.

Not even up to 24 hrs later I received an email saying they picked someone else. So basically to sum it up, they already found someone else but felt obligated to interview me.Overall the whole experience was negative, but I see it as a sign saying it probably wouldn't have been a good fit.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Behavioral Interview

Telecom Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

basic questions

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Received a call from a recruiter and then went in for a in person interview with the engineering manager

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Was contacted through a general resume book. I was provided a behavioral assessment to complete before attending the interview, which was oncampus directly after a job fair. Pretty straightfoward, with no technical questions. 3 copies of your resume and a transcript needed.

Interview Questions
    • What was the lowest grade yo have ever gotten?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Requires background check, on-site drug check. Interview process very professional, friendly and thorough. Conducted by seasoned professionals, asking pertenent questions for position and relevant work background. This is a very professional company and the interview hiring process reflected that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical for position/industry. Such as what assets/skills do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in February 2012.

The interview process was typical. The first interview was face to face with the Material Supervisor and the Logistics Director was on the speaker phone. It was very laid back and lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked basic interview questions and was given information about the company and position. I was selected for a second interview with the superintendent for the project.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was presented during the second interview concerning prior challenges or difficult situations. He wanted me to back track and figure out why I was faced with a certain situation.   Answer Question
    There was no negation.

Electronic Security Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in May 2011.

Not hard interview call back

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in January 2011.

Firm is notoriously picky about candidates, but interview process itself was standard. One could not ask enough questions about how well the firm operates internally to get insight into how well (or not) it really functions on the inside.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question but rather false description of firm as united, when in fact it was (at the time) highly divided and political. Once hired, the firm proved a particularly difficult environment in which to work, survivable only thanks to many hard-working, ethical employees   Answer Question
    Fairly standard