M.C. Dean, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.6

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview

The interview process went throughout the day and involved upper level personnel to establish a solid opinion of the company which one might begin to work for. All personnel were very passionate about the company's future and very interested in the person they were interviewing. There is adequate time for questions and answers as they encourage feedback from the interviewee.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview

I applied through my university's career services center and received a call from the company for an interview after they had reviewed my resume. My interview on campus was very casual as they just wanted to gauge my interest and find a fit for me within the company. They have a lot of departments that fit disciplines ranging from mechanical to electrical and computer engineers. After the initial interview, I was invited to an on-site visit which was basically an open house for all the interviewees being recruited. The group of us went through a company overview presentation and individual department presentations with a tour of the building leading right up to individual interviews with the various departments. This process was very welcoming and the recruiters put in a lot of work to make everyone feel comfortable and at ease. The nature of the interviews were mainly behavioral, get-to-know you and how you fit in with the work environment types where you discussed some of your classes and relevant experiences. Technical interviews were held, but they just weren't held in my case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a technical problem and how you went about solving it?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very professional I felt it was a great fit they recognized my education and experience I felt at home First day of work Was great engineering supervisor was excellent with getting me acclimated

Interview Questions

• Why do you think M.C. Dean is the right company to expand your career   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview

After meeting at a Job fair there was a on campus interview. This was pretty relaxed, not technical, just talking about yourself and what you are looking for. I think the feedback from this initial interview counts a lot to the hiring managers. A week later I was invited to an onsite interview, met with the hiring managers that matched my interest and had a one on one chat with them where they told me to ask the questions. Gave me the impression they already had a good idea of what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• They really asked no questions. I got the impression that they already knew who they wanted to hire and were just making sure that personalities meshed at that point.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Linthicum Heights, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Communicated with HR rep a couple of times to set up an interview for continuation in current job. Current prime lost the contract and I wanted to stay on in my position and since MC Dean refused to negotiate with subcontractors I decided to apply. Interviewed by a program manager without any knowledge of software engineering. Was promised an offer the next day. Next day came and offer promised Monday. Monday came and offer promised Wednesday. Basically strung me along. Lather, rinse, repeat. Finally I'd had enough and withdrew my application on their indecisiveness. Nobody ever contacted me to ask me to reconsider, obviously they had a backup candidate. Nope; three months after the contract changed hands MC Dean has not filled the position and the contract is suffering. They talk big but can't follow through.

Interview Questions

• How would you set up <sample hardware system>?   1 Answer

Tech Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in February 2014.

Interview

Applied a week before, a recruiter emailed me and called me to set up a phone interview. Originally they set up the phone interview for a few days later, but then the recruiter emailed me and re-scheduled it for three weeks later. I guess I should have seen the red flags, because the person who was to be interviewing me called me 15 mins late (didn't apologize), and seemed so disinterested and aloof from start to finish. Not even up to 24 hrs later I received an email saying they picked someone else. So basically to sum it up, they already found someone else but felt obligated to interview me.Overall the whole experience was negative, but I see it as a sign saying it probably wouldn't have been a good fit.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview

Behavioral Interview

Telecom Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

basic questions

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and then went in for a in person interview with the engineering manager

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Sterling, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

One on one interview. It mostly was a behavioral interview. They wanted to know if I was a team player and was in taking a lot of crap at the job. Make sure you negotiate your salary at the beginning and stay high.They rarely give more than 2% raise a year, if any. Do NOT think you'll be different. They may try to make you feel you are special and you'll have a lot of room to grow. It's a lie. They're just getting you in, and while you are, they will do their best to keep you in. Stock for eternity!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Not much. Just behavioral questions. They asked about previous projects. Also, how I dealt with problems in previous projects.   1 Answer