M.C. Dean, Inc.

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler

I applied online - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was typical. The first interview was face to face with the Material Supervisor and the Logistics Director was on the speaker phone. It was very laid back and lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked basic interview questions and was given information about the company and position. I was selected for a second interview with the superintendent for the project.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was presented during the second interview concerning prior challenges or difficult situations. He wanted me to back track and figure out why I was faced with a certain situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Firm is notoriously picky about candidates, but interview process itself was standard. One could not ask enough questions about how well the firm operates internally to get insight into how well (or not) it really functions on the inside.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question but rather false description of firm as united, when in fact it was (at the time) highly divided and political. Once hired, the firm proved a particularly difficult environment in which to work, survivable only thanks to many hard-working, ethical employees   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly standard

Tech Writer Interview

Tech Writer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied a week before, a recruiter emailed me and called me to set up a phone interview. Originally they set up the phone interview for a few days later, but then the recruiter emailed me and re-scheduled it for three weeks later. I guess I should have seen the red flags, because the person who was to be interviewing me called me 15 mins late (didn't apologize), and seemed so disinterested and aloof from start to finish.

Not even up to 24 hrs later I received an email saying they picked someone else. So basically to sum it up, they already found someone else but felt obligated to interview me.Overall the whole experience was negative, but I see it as a sign saying it probably wouldn't have been a good fit.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview

Telecom Tech Interview

Telecom Tech
Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview Details – basic questions

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter and then went in for a in person interview with the engineering manager

Interview Question – What would you? consider to be your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Electronic Security Design Engineer Interview

Electronic Security Design Engineer
South Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in May 2011.

Interview Details – Not hard interview call back

Interview Question – Can you pass a credit check   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview Details – Was contacted through a general resume book. I was provided a behavioral assessment to complete before attending the interview, which was oncampus directly after a job fair. Pretty straightfoward, with no technical questions. 3 copies of your resume and a transcript needed.

Interview Question – What was the lowest grade yo have ever gotten?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. in October 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring interview process when I was hired in 2003, was very seamless. You had an interview with a recruiter either by phone or in person and then they would filter the good from the bad and then if you were accepted by the recruiter then you recieved an interview with the hiring manager and then if that person wanted you, you were hired. ~ simple

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiating. They offered me more in pay and benefits that I had previously earned with other companies

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Sterling, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc..

Interview Details – Requires background check, on-site drug check. Interview process very professional, friendly and thorough. Conducted by seasoned professionals, asking pertenent questions for position and relevant work background. This is a very professional company and the interview hiring process reflected that.

Interview Question – Questions were typical for position/industry. Such as what assets/skills do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for M.C. Dean, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M.C. Dean, Inc. interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by M.C. Dean, Inc. employees and interview candidates.