M/I Homes Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at M/I Homes

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at M/I Homes.

The interview process was weird compared to other interviews I have been in. The conversation had little to do with the job or the company. It was very informal, which i don't necessarily mind but at the same time, I wish it was more of a real interview. I definitely came prepared with questions and answers but ended up barely addressing them.

So the first round we met at the main office. And then the second round we met out for lunch where they basically layed out the job right there. I felt like I didn't really have the opportunity to say no. In the end, I got an offer but I decided to go with another company.

Interview Questions
    • At the point, I forget what we exactly talked about/difficult questions. Was definitely a more casual interview than a hard core questioned based interview.   Answer Question

I decided to go with another company.

Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at M/I Homes in December 2009.

M/I Homes had the worst interview process that I've ever encountered. It was so objectionable that based on their lack of professionalism, I decided I didn't want to work for them and removed myself from the interview process.

From being stood up for phone interviews (without any notice from the HR person) to being asked questions that are inappropriate for a phone interview, their job interviewing process was horrific. It's ashame too, because I was very excited before all this to work for M/I Homes - as I know two of their divisional managers and was encouraged to apply for the job.

In hindsight, it was actually a good thing I learned what type of company M/I Homes is so early on - as I'm now confident it would have been a huge mistake for me to leave my current job for this one.

* I'm rating the difficulty of this interview as difficult, because the HR Generalist was asking very specific questions about the skills required to perform the job, but didn't have any of the knowledge himself. It was almost as though he was reading a list of questions that the hiring manager wrote down! It was really a one-way conversation and the questions should have been left for the hiring manager to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent "marketing nightmare" that you had to deal with and describe how you overcame it.   View Answer

Worked for M/I Homes? Contribute to the Community!