M+R Strategic Services

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at M+R Strategic Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty thorough hiring process: First a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a skills test consisting of an HTML test, an Excel/data test, and a writing/grammar test. Then there's an in-person interview with 3 people. Then the offer.

I'd been told key things to talk about during the interview: specifically technical experience and passion about the field of work (progressive non-profits, making the world a better place, using technology for communications, etc.). These talking points definitely seemed to help. You can tell they want "go-getter" people who are going to take charge and figure stuff out on their own.

Interview Question – Be ready to recreate an HTML email for the HTML test and do a good bit of data manipulation for the Excel test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me the salary was non-negotiable, so I didn't try. Turns out from fellow employees that it is!

Online Strategy Associate Interview

Online Strategy Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at M+R Strategic Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, first one on one, then with two people higher up in the company, an hour long test that had some HTML coding, data cleanup in excel and copywriting, next an in-person interview, way too involved for this position compared to other interview processes I did at comparable companies

Interview Question – Recreate this page in HTML (they send you a screenshot)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better pay and more exciting job elsewhere

Worked for M+R Strategic Services? Contribute to the Community!