M&C Saatchi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Planner Interview

Strategic Planner

Interviewed at M&C Saatchi

Interview Details – After a lot of phone calls, finally got through for an interview.
Very scrutinizing interview; they really wanted to provoke my critical thought and insight in order to elicit a proper response.

Interview Question – They asked why one of their most successful campaigns worked   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&C Saatchi.

Interview Details – The interview was set up through a head hunter, and she managed all of the communications between the agency & I. There were three interviews; first with the business director, and then a further two with account directors. They were less like interviews, more like a friendly chat. All the people I spoke to were very friendly. The office felt buzzy & vibrant.

Interview Question – This was an interview for quite a junior role, so the questions weren't too technical. That said it's important to be able to talk fluently about advertising; favourite campaigns, trends in the category etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty tough - I tried to increase the amount offered & got a 'do they want the job or not?' response. After my headhunter approached them again, they then agreed to a small raise following my first 3 months.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at M&C Saatchi in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 face to face interviews - no projects or tests

Interview Question – No difficult questions - just talked about experience, past clients, expectations to existing clients   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - salary was what I expected

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at M&C Saatchi in November 2012.

Interview Details – My interview chipped her tooth so couldn't turn up. The replacement hadn't properly read my CV. He thought I was applying for an analytical/spreadsheets kind of internship so was surprised by my Humanities focused CV...

Interview Question – Spreadsheet test. V Boring   Answer Question

Design Director Interview

Design Director
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at M&C Saatchi in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview - quite pleasant process. Try to ask as high as salary as possible at the beginning. Because you can forget about pay rise once you get the job. The annual pay review process is really bad and most of us won't get a pay rise no matter how good you are.

Worked for M&C Saatchi? Contribute to the Community!