M&G

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at M&G.

Interview Details – video interview back in December + face to face interview + AC in March. everything was very well organized. HR are wonderful people. you can immediately feel the great culture of M&G

Interview Question – during the video interview: what was the last thing you googled for the sake of it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

Interview Details – Practice sales pitch

Interview Question – What is your biggest fear   Answer Question

Investment Content Assistant Interview

Investment Content Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&G in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted by an external recruitment consultant about a different position. M&G didn't get back for several weeks and I had all but forgotten about the opportunity. When an interview was scheduled it was with the head of the team, a person from the level above and a written test (proof-reading and report writing exercise). M&G were really friendly and clearly showed enough interest in my candidacy to recommend me for another vacant position to which I was suited.

I had two further rounds of interviews with members of the team and and people with whom one would come into constant contact with. Each of the interviews were really relaxed, conversational and M&G seemed like they were genuinely interested in gauging how well I would fit into the role. Interview questions focused on past experience, why this role, why M&G. Only in the final interview were there a few questions to determine my financial knowledge.

M&G was able to get back to me after each interview within a few days and once the process had started properly, took about two weeks in total.

Interview Question – Explain, in the simplest terms possible, the positive and negative effects of deflation.   Answer Question

Commercial Management Summer Internship Interview

Commercial Management Summer Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&G.

Interview Details – The whole hiring and interview process with M&G was impeccably well planned and communicated. The process was challenging, as you would expect, and required an online application, followed by a video interview. The next stage was an interview in head office and then, if selected, a subsequent assessment day. The assessment day involved several interviews and other tasks, all of which were clear and well organised. Every employee I spoke too was extremely helpful and informative, and they seem to really be invested in getting the best out of everyone during the application process. I would highly recommend this company.

Interview Question – Mental arithmetic question involving calculating how many people would pass through an airport on an average working day.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Commercial Graduate Scheme

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at M&G.

Interview Details – After initial application I was invited to complete the online tests. I then didnt hear anything for around three Months, but have recently completed the video interview, still awaiting result.

Interview Question – as mentioned elsewhere, 'what would you do if you were education minister;' which rotation are you most looking forward to;'   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Commercial Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Commercial Management Graduate Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at M&G in March 2014.

Interview Details – Online application with cover letter. Online aptitude testing - 3 nerve-racking timed tests. In person interview with a senior manager and human resources rep. Was given 45 minutes to prepare a case study - in this case it was to develop a phone app for M&G customer/client relations and explain how, why, the ins and outs of security, etc. Then presented to them and answered questions in regards to my presentation as well as standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Questions around current events and how a specific current event or industry trend affects something else specific. Example: How would the failure of the Eurozone affect China?   Answer Question

Investment Scheme Interview

Investment Scheme

Interviewed at M&G

Interview Details – I have got only 4 days for shl verbal, reasoning and numerical tests

Interview Question – in what areas are you excel in   Answer Question

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

GRADUATE POSITION

Interviewed at M&G

Interview Details – The hiring process is quite challenging. I had to pass numerical, verbal and logical tests in 4 days only. Normally you have 4 days for each of them. Then I got invited to a video interview, where you are basically speaking to your laptop and it is a bit awkward. There were 7 questions, there were some practice questions, you had 30 second to think about the answer and every question had different time limit.
The questions:
1) Why did you choose change management?
2) How could you sell change management to other units in the company? or something like that.
3) What would you un-invent?
4) How many cups a tea are drank every day in the UK?

Interview Question – What would you un-invent?   Answer Question

Commercial Management Graduate Interview

Commercial Management Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&G in February 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, took a long time to respond, but when they did progress my application I was sent psychometric tests to complete. Passed them and again didn't hear anything for quite a long time, which I followed up on with an email. Finally progressed to the video interview stage, which was where you recorded yourself answering about 5/6 questions. You only had 30 seconds to read the questions and prepare then talk for max 3 mins. Was very unsure what they expected from that, but I guess they wanted to gauge your reaction under pressure as some of the questions are quite unexpected. You are not given a lot of questions to demonstrate fully your technical abilities and ability to adapt, but that is to be expected from a big company that wants to screen you quickly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were education minister of the UK?   View Answer
  • Choose a well known successful company and describe why you think they are successful.   View Answer
  • What rotation in the programme do you think you would enjoy the most? (or something similar)   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Front Office RAD Developer Interview

Front Office RAD Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at M&G in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got a call from HR and was asked to connect to a conference call where the Architect and a technical lead interviewed me for about 25 mins.

It is a very long interview process. Not sure if such a long process is actually required. which wastes the time of the candidates applying for.
I gave a telephonic interview where I was interviewed by the Architect and the tech lead.

Round 2 was a set of 5 SHL tests, in C#, SQL, T-SQL .NET among others. If you have come across such tests beforfe you realize its not too tough. the test taking process is again very long and frustrating.. try to take these in sessions as the shl allows the tests to be taken one at a time

After this was called into their office for the final round where their architect, team lead and a RAD developer together interview you regarding what do you know about M&G and the team,

your design skills/ previous work experience,

Lots of simple c# coding questions on LINQ, Joins in LINQ, inheritance in Entity framework,
anonymous types, and the likes,

Basically my impression was that they find out all technologies in your resume and ask you few relevant questions on each of these technologies. so preparing in relevence to your resume would be the key to crack this interview.

Keeping a cool head and using a few lambda expressions/ linq query is all that is required for this round.

By the time I had to give the test my interview had already gone sour and writing the code while 3 interviewers were watching and having to understand the code that they had written all in the same time made me a bit nervous. I could not complete this exercise.

By the time I walked out I was sure that they would rather leave the position open for ever than hire me :(.

Interview Question – A basic test set up is kept ready with a few lines of code written and the interviewee is supposed to write a method which calculates the total percentage.(It basically involves writing a linq query to find the percentage).

View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for M&G? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&G interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by M&G employees and interview candidates.