M&G Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.2

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at M&G.

Interview

video interview back in December + face to face interview + AC in March. everything was very well organized. HR are wonderful people. you can immediately feel the great culture of M&G

Interview Questions

• during the video interview: what was the last thing you googled for the sake of it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Practice sales pitch

Investment Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at M&G.

Interview

The interview peocess is a it long. They do response very quickly but will respond slower after the video interview stage. Better apply earlier.If they've got the number, you will be rejected. online application, online tests, video interview, face to face, ac

Interview Questions

• why the program? a caser study listing out 2 clients and prioritize 5 of the most important ones for manger to meet up. write up a short paragraph describing your interests where you have a feeling of achivement.   Answer Question

Investment Management Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at M&G.

Interview

The Job has a 4 stage interview process:

1) CV upload and basic details, along with tests of numerical, verbal and logical competency. Very similar to tests by other asset managers, investment banks and consultancy firms.

2) Video interview:
    The video interview consisted of basic level competency questions. With 2 minutes per answer, you simply don't have particularly long to answer questions in great detail. That being said, they covered almost everything from 'what would you look for in valuing a company' to 'describe a recent news article you read purely because it was interesting.'

My advice would be to answer what the question is asking first, before you begin to develop and expand on any points you want to raise. The company seems more concerned about recruiting talented people with a variety of interests over someone who lives and breathes asset management at the expense of everything else. With that in mind, don't stress about the ins-and-outs of YTM calculations or working out an unlevered beta. Having a decent general grasp of the industry and the role seemed to be enough for the video interview.

3) Interview:
    The interview was a 2:1 interview with current employees in the investment teams. I actually thought I did fairly poorly in this, and was surprised to have gone through. We were given a case study to analyse, on a type of investment I assume most applicants will not be familiar with. A discussion on the case study followed, along with some motivation and competency questions.

As I said, I thought I had done fairly poorly, but simply making sensible, logical comments on the case study, and being candid about any errors appeared to work. Again, it struck me that the company was prepared to forgive some mistakes if you presented yourself as keen, honest and professional. There were classic asset management interview questions (I think i've pitched about 9 different stocks at this point) as well as the 'why M&G' which I advise you properly establish before coming to the company.

4) Assessment Center:
    The AC was over the course of a morning. 10 of us assembled for a presentation to about 7 employees of M&G, along with 2 interviews and some down time with the current graduates.

The presentation was perhaps the most 'technical' part of the interview, but I felt that the comments I made were more focussed around current affairs, with some consideration of accounting and basic risk analysis. Hard to prepare for but definitely brush up on the news and the basic tutorials on investopedia as I think this gives you room to shine.

Compliance Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at M&G (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Short online application form (basically a CV upload) followed by a number of online tests. After that, I was invited to a video interview where the questions were pre-recorded. They reverted two months later saying that I was progressed to the face-to-face interview. Last stage is an AC and the last ones are typically mid-February.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the amount of plastic recycled in London in a year?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at M&G.

Interview

Finished the application and online test. First interview is online through the app HIREVUE. It is a new way I have ever heard. I am still waiting for the result. There is one week for preparation.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself; Why m&g; Why this scheme;The last one is a written Q for extra info. you want to tell   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online. Did online tests, including verbal and numerical. Then was invited for the video interview. The video interview was done with HireVue. The recruiters recorded their questions. You are asked to watch those clips and have 30 sec to prepare for each question. Then you have 3 mins to record your answer. If I was right, the last question was "Is there anything else you want us to know about you"?

Finance Apprentiship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at M&G.

Interview

First is a simple application form online. No cover letter needed so it is pretty quick. Couple days later, 3 tests (verbal, numerical and reasoning). If good, next day you get the email for the online interview. the interview is a virtual one.

Commercial Management Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at M&G in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in December, completed the online tests and was then invited for a video interview in January. Very odd experience as it was the first video interview I had done, felt very much like I was talking to myself and found it a bit uncomfortable watching myself on screen. Questions were all on here / wikijobs so definitely use these sites to prepare, also sounds a bit silly but try and memorise your answers as much as possible as I kept having to look at my notes which didn't look great when I was being recorded! 7 or 8 questions, from what I remember they were:
    - Why the Investment Management Industry?
    - Why this scheme?
    - What rotation will you enjoy the most?
    - What qualities of yours are beneficial to the job you have applied for?
    - What would you do to ensure you made an impact in your role?
    - Case study, given an excel sheet and have to choose 5 companies for the fund manager to visit.
    - Essay: What do you excel at?
    - Anything extra to add?

Had my interview almost 2 weeks ago now and still waiting to hear back, so ignore the offer bit at the bottom!

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at M&G in January 2015.

Interview

Was required to submit a CV (without a cover letter). Then I was asked to complete a numerical, comprehension and reasoning test online. After this I was invited to do an online interview with recorded questions. This lasted about 25 minutes and had about 7 questions. These essentially replaced a cover letter with questions you would normally answer on those. ie why me? why the company? why the area of business? etc

Interview Questions

• why me? why the company? why the area of business? etc   Answer Question