M&I Bank

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at M&I Bank in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very easy hiring process. I applied online and then received a phone call from their HR specialist to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview in two days and following that I received a phone call from the hiring manager at the actual branch. I went for the interview in a few days and interviewed with the branch manager and the teller supervisor. Both were very nice. I received an offer for the job the next day.

Interview Question – How would you make a difficult sale?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at M&I Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – realy slow I think that human resources dept needs new people with more acurate job skills and knowadge

Interview Question – why do people climb mountains   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary grade and compensation not up to expectationsIHECLN

Database Marketing Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at M&I Bank in February 2008.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first and then an in person interview. They asked situational questions.

Interview Question – what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&I Bank in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the entry position online, and got a call the next day. The lady told me she wanted to have a phone interview with me the following week. After the call, I got an e-mail from her confirming the phone interview. The e-mail also contained a more detailed description of the position. Study This!

Interview Questions

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&I Bank in April 2009.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview with HR administrator... Moved on to face to face interview with district manager... Final interview face to face with Group Banking President... Drug test was required prior to official offer...

Interview Question – None that I can think of... All were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Were not willing to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Credit Analyst I Interview

Credit Analyst I

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&I Bank in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was really easy. It was low stres, strait forward questions about employment history and then questions if I thought I could handle the job after they described the job.

Interview Question – What is 65X23 in the middle of describing what I used to do at a previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations took place. They asked what salary I wanted, the range was really tight, and they offered the job.

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at M&I Bank in August 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, hr interview, branch interview, upper management interview

Interview Question – how long does it take for you to become comfortable with the product you are selling before you can sell effectively   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for M&I Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&I Bank interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by M&I Bank employees and interview candidates.