M&T Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in September 2011.

Great interview, very welcoming and open. Employer wants to find your strengths and help you to grow in them. Also test your knowledge of the company and what truly peaked your interest about working there.

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Fairly easy interview. Wasn't too prepared but managed to get by.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly asked questions about my education and how my experience would help me in the position at hand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in August 2010.

First I applied online and a week later a recruiter called me for a phone interview. The same day the recruiter assistant called me to discuss a face to face interview. A week later I did my face to face with the regional manger at the branch I was to work. Normally you would meet with the branch manger but she was out sick. During the interview she asked about my past work experience and why I chose M&T. Then about another week later I had to call the recruiter myself to get an update she claimed she was about to call me they offered me the job she forwarded an official offer letter and drug test screening and background/credit check papers I electronically sign those and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have previous experience with dealing with large sum of money?   Answer Question
    What they offered was good so no need for negotiation.

Bank Teller Interview

Applied through online application. I got a phone call from HR after about 10 days to schedule a phone interview. Then I was invited to a 2-1 interview in a branch that I will be working when I am hired. After this interview, I got a phone call from HR the following day to schedule another interview in a different branch. I had the interview few days later and I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when there was a problem with your coworker and how you ressolved it.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2008.

The recruiter saw my resume online and contacted via primary number to give information about the position and schedule an interview if I was interested. I accepted and because I was currently employed, I scheduled an interview that was two weeks from the day we spoke. When I arrived at the headquarters for the interview, the recruiter was very friendly and led me to a room where about ten other applicants were waiting to be interviewed. Some people had to fill out applications and others already had an online resume/application already completed. Then, I filled out another pre-interview paper that just asked for basic contact info.
      After another ten minutes or so, the recruiter came in,called my name and led me to a room where I was introduced to the HR director who would be conducting the first interview for my position. She too, was extremely friendly and seemed very knowledgeable of the potential position and very excited to have me come on board. After my interview with her, I then was led into the branch itself, where I interviewed with my future manager and assistant manage, who were both very curteous and didn't come off as intimidating even though both parties questioned me for the final interview.
    Next, I was given the drug test papers and 48hrs to go pee in a cup. I submitted my papers next day, and once the company recieved them, I was called at home with an offer, which was .50 more than I asked for and came with full benes!

Interview Questions
    For my negotiation, I just wanted more than what I made at my current employer, and since I made it very clear that I didn't plan to quit anytime soon, I just wanted a safe cushion for salary just in case I did. I played it very safe.

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!