M&T Bank

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at M&T Bank in January 2011.

One on one interview with branch manager, then one on one interview with the HR rep, fingerprinting and background check. Hired within a week.

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank in January 2008.

I was hired back in 2006. I had an online skills assessment, then a phone interview. I then had three face to face interviews. The process took about 4 weeks. The questions were not difficult. I was asked to provide a lot of specific details of how I handled certain situations in my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • Just typical customer service questions. "How would you handle an irate customer?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at M&T Bank in November 2009.

The initial interview process was conducted in an organized fashion. I had a total of 4 interviews spread out over a 2 week span. I felt very comfortable sitting with a lot of "big" names in the company because they all made me feel welcomed. After chatting about my role in the company (once hired on), everyone seemed to really like the idea of getting to know me by asking me about my past experiences, my family, and educational background. It was really great to share fun stories about myself outside of a professional setting. It really gave them the opportunity to build rapport with someone they eventually hired on their team.

Interview Questions
    M&T pride it self on giving the industry standard on what your salary will be. It's factors include your location, years of experience, etc. There's always room for growth based on performance. If you work hard and achieve growth for the company, then M&T will reward you appropriately. So there is always a way to earn more.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at M&T Bank in August 2009.

Fairly basic interview questions about past education and work experience and what you believe you would bring to the job. Truly seemed more of a chance for them to gauge one's personality and inter-personal skills for such a customer care related position. I was told that the do like to promote internally but were not really wowed by any of the employees who chose to interview. Unfortunately, I was basically told that I was over-qualified for the position but there was a sales-development program that they would like to make me a candidate for in the summer. Come summer time the program was temporarily disbanded due to lack of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question