M&T Bank

Getting the Interview

125 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MDP-Retail Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I was selected to have an on-campus interview. This interview was with one person, and it was really laid back. Less than two weeks later I got an email asking me to come in house. For my in-house interview I interviewed with two people, and then had a phone interview right after. Three days later I had a final phone interview. This interview was the most difficult.

Interview Question – The final phone interview questions were the toughest. They we all very long, and required multiple parts.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview. In person interview with hiring manager. In person interview with manager of department supported.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were presented with a difficult choice. How did you make your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was "take it or leave it."

Intern Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – First a phone interview with HR. Once passed that stage then One day of interviews. My interviewing was done with 5 individuals spanning over the course of 3 hours.

Interview Question – Mainly personality & fit... some banking / accounting / business questions - low level - this was an intern position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interns don't negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Associate III Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at M&T Bank in August 2012.

Interview Details – I started with a staffing agency and was taken on Full-Time after 3 months. Questions were normal. What are your career goals? Why do you feel you are a good candidate for this position? What are your strengths and weaknesses in the workplace? What are your short term and long term goals? etc., etc..

Was hired 3 days after my interview.

Interview Question – What has been your biggest accomplishment thus far?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer without question. The schedule, pay, duties, and benefits were enough.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Management Development Program Trainee
Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at M&T Bank in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on my school's website and was immediately given a phone interview after a quick resume and cover letter drop in application. The position was in NY although they made it seem like they had openings all over the mid-atlantic because that is where they have offices but the management training program was limited in locations.

Interview Question – What is something different about our bank (i.e.-what it is that M&T Bank does that is different than others)   View Answer

MDP Position In Treasury Interview

Interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview Details – I applied to the job through my campus career website. I then had an on campus interview which was mainly about why I was interested and asked me questions about my resume. I was then flown up to Buffalo and had six interviews throughout the day within the treasury department. Most of the interviews were basic and didn't ask very hard questions. Overall it was a good experience

Interview Question – A probability question.   Answer Question

Financial Audit Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at M&T Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process took a week. On campus interview. 2 Behavioral questions. Walk through the resume.

Interview Question – What do you expect from an employer?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Management Development Program Trainee
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in November 2011.

Interview Details – First round on campus with retail sales manager based in Baltimore. Second round was in Buffalo, based on the groups I expressed an interest in during my first-round. Met with 4-5 mid-level mangers for 30 minutes each, most of which asked behavioral questions about my interest in M&T, banking, and college extracurricular activities.

Interview Question – What questions do you have about M&T?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I don't think it's possible, but it's worth exploring, particularly for those who are in the mid-Atlantic regions.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Compliance Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in August 2013.

Interview Details – interview process and signing of offer was quick. All done in 2 days

Negotiation Details – had several back and forth salary negotiations but they only added an extra 2K to the original offer

MDP Interview

I interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was relatively easy. I applied through my school's career database and had an on-campus interview. Afterward, I was flown to the location of my proposed position where I had a more intense interview to see if I could fill the position. It wasn't bad though as they were just making sure that I made the qualifications and would perform the job well.

Interview Question – Nothing was specifically too difficult. All of the questions were fit questions and asking about myself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at M&T Bank

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M&T Bank interview questions and advice. All 125 interview reviews posted anonymously by M&T Bank employees and interview candidates.