M&T Bank

134 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MDP Interview

MDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied though on campus recruiting by submitting my resume through my school's career services. First interview was on-campus and consisted only of behavioral questions. I was flown out for superday where I had about 7 interviews with two different groups.

Interview Question – Mostly asked very standard behavioral questions and asked about my previous experiences.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – I do not want to be forced to give this information in an effort to maintain my Anonymity. I started as a temp and was offered a position by a peer manager.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in September 2011.

Interview Details – Great interview, very welcoming and open. Employer wants to find your strengths and help you to grow in them. Also test your knowledge of the company and what truly peaked your interest about working there.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication with HR. Standard questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had a secondary interview with the hiring manager was superior. He was excited about the position and I believe was looking for someone with a diverse skillset. My third interview was an on-site interview. I met with the hiring manager and his boss, both VPs. I also met briefly with a project team leader. They were all looking for leadership qualities as well as technical skillsets necessary to properly manage a team.

Interview Question – Nothing was completely unexpected. However, I think the original thought for the position was expanded into more of a management role based upon my experience. Discussion was based upon my diversity of experience as well as my management experience. As a technical leader, the questions regarding my management style was discussed in some detail.   Answer Question

Insurance Proc Case Manager Interview

Insurance Proc Case Manager

Interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a human resource representative for a phone screening. This occurred about two weeks after I applied online. At the end of the phone screening, an in-office interview was scheduled. Everyone in the office was extremely friendly, and the interview discussion was pleasant. The actual interview was one-on-one.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions. The first question was "tell me about yourself" which offers a great opportunity to showcase your experience. The most unexpected question was when the interviewer asked if I had thought about applying to a completely different position in the company, after I explained why I was really interested in the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Telephone Customer Representative Interview

Senior Telephone Customer Representative
Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – Did application online, got a phone interview next day, did online assessment for how you handle calls, had face to face interview the next day, the day after that was asked to do a drug test got the job the day after, never once checked to see if my resume was legit

Interview Question – all basic stuff   Answer Question

Summer MDP Interview

Summer MDP
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – Interviewed on-campus then flew to Buffalo for a day-long interview with several members and a member of the Management Development Program. Total of about 6 interviews. Everyone was very friendly. A lot of the process seemed to be about selling applicants on Buffalo.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected- mostly just asked about my resumé and experience, and my ideas for the position.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Management Development Program Trainee

Interview Details – I applied via campus recruiting. This was a very painless process and a good company. He just asked me very general questions such as "why banking?" After that, I was invited to go to Buffalo -- all expenses paid. The biggest problem is that they give you a list of positions that are available and you have to quickly choose which you are interested in before it is filled.

Interview Question – There were very straightforward questions   Answer Question

MDP Interview

MDP

Interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview Details – Applied through college job portal, got an on campus interview and was then invited for an interview with the hiring team at their HQ in Buffalo, NY. All the travel expenses from flight to hotel was covered so that was very nice of them.

Overall, I think the MDP is a good program but the position being in Buffalo was a huge turn off for me. I don't have anything against the city, but relocating there really wasn't the right step for me. When I got to their office in buffalo and met with the managers of the department I was being hired for, I realized the management style there is old fashioned.

They highly value their MDP graduates and they tell you there is a lot of room for growth and development. I think it's great they invest so much into the program, but unless you want to work and live in Buffalo your whole life, I really would not consider joining this company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in Buffalo?   View Answer

MDP-Retail Interview

MDP-Retail

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I was selected to have an on-campus interview. This interview was with one person, and it was really laid back. Less than two weeks later I got an email asking me to come in house. For my in-house interview I interviewed with two people, and then had a phone interview right after. Three days later I had a final phone interview. This interview was the most difficult.

Interview Question – The final phone interview questions were the toughest. They we all very long, and required multiple parts.   Answer Question

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!