M&T Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014
134 interviews

2.5

MDP Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in March 2014.

I applied though on campus recruiting by submitting my resume through my school's career services. First interview was on-campus and consisted only of behavioral questions. I was flown out for superday where I had about 7 interviews with two different groups.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked very standard behavioral questions and asked about my previous experiences.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank.

I do not want to be forced to give this information in an effort to maintain my Anonymity. I started as a temp and was offered a position by a peer manager.

Bank Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in September 2011.

Great interview, very welcoming and open. Employer wants to find your strengths and help you to grow in them. Also test your knowledge of the company and what truly peaked your interest about working there.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in June 2014.

Initial communication with HR. Standard questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had a secondary interview with the hiring manager was superior. He was excited about the position and I believe was looking for someone with a diverse skillset. My third interview was an on-site interview. I met with the hiring manager and his boss, both VPs. I also met briefly with a project team leader. They were all looking for leadership qualities as well as technical skillsets necessary to properly manage a team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was completely unexpected. However, I think the original thought for the position was expanded into more of a management role based upon my experience. Discussion was based upon my diversity of experience as well as my management experience. As a technical leader, the questions regarding my management style was discussed in some detail.   Answer Question

Insurance Proc Case Manager Interview

Initially contacted by a human resource representative for a phone screening. This occurred about two weeks after I applied online. At the end of the phone screening, an in-office interview was scheduled. Everyone in the office was extremely friendly, and the interview discussion was pleasant. The actual interview was one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. The first question was "tell me about yourself" which offers a great opportunity to showcase your experience. The most unexpected question was when the interviewer asked if I had thought about applying to a completely different position in the company, after I explained why I was really interested in the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Senior Telephone Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2013.

Did application online, got a phone interview next day, did online assessment for how you handle calls, had face to face interview the next day, the day after that was asked to do a drug test got the job the day after, never once checked to see if my resume was legit

Summer MDP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interviewed on-campus then flew to Buffalo for a day-long interview with several members and a member of the Management Development Program. Total of about 6 interviews. Everyone was very friendly. A lot of the process seemed to be about selling applicants on Buffalo.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected- mostly just asked about my resumé and experience, and my ideas for the position.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

I applied via campus recruiting. This was a very painless process and a good company. He just asked me very general questions such as "why banking?" After that, I was invited to go to Buffalo -- all expenses paid. The biggest problem is that they give you a list of positions that are available and you have to quickly choose which you are interested in before it is filled.

MDP Interview

Applied through college job portal, got an on campus interview and was then invited for an interview with the hiring team at their HQ in Buffalo, NY. All the travel expenses from flight to hotel was covered so that was very nice of them.

Overall, I think the MDP is a good program but the position being in Buffalo was a huge turn off for me. I don't have anything against the city, but relocating there really wasn't the right step for me. When I got to their office in buffalo and met with the managers of the department I was being hired for, I realized the management style there is old fashioned.

They highly value their MDP graduates and they tell you there is a lot of room for growth and development. I think it's great they invest so much into the program, but unless you want to work and live in Buffalo your whole life, I really would not consider joining this company.

MDP-Retail Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

After submitting my resume I was selected to have an on-campus interview. This interview was with one person, and it was really laid back. Less than two weeks later I got an email asking me to come in house. For my in-house interview I interviewed with two people, and then had a phone interview right after. Three days later I had a final phone interview. This interview was the most difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The final phone interview questions were the toughest. They we all very long, and required multiple parts.   Answer Question

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!