M&T Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwinsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at M&T Bank (Baldwinsville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and two days later I had an in person interview at the branch I applied to. It seemed to flow very smoothly. I was very pleased with the level of professionalism both from the women who scheduled both interviews to the women at the bank who interviewed me.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interview over the phone. Several questions about current job and past experience. Follow-up interviews on site in Buffalo with several managers. Then I was requested to come on-site to meet and interview with several managers,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I had a phone interview with an HR representative. About two days later I was asked to go in for an interview with 2 different people. They asked mostly behavioral questions. I thought the interview was fairly easy. They talked a lot about why they like to work for M&T.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were working in a group and something went wrong   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank (Newark, DE).

Interview

hiring process was fairly easy. Applied online, maybe the next day or day after recieved a phone call to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was quick, asking few questions about availablity and job experience. Then an interview with the branch manager. Lots of questions going over all aspects of the job, then told someone would be in contact with me. Offered the position about 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

MDP-Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at M&T Bank (Ithaca, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy and friendly. Fast and smooth; everyone I interviewed with was on the same page. Met on campus first for an 1:1. Then had two phone interviews. Finished with a 1:1 in a local branch. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and found that M&T employees were very helpful and willing to answer any questions I had. I believe this speaks to the company culture and what M&T stands for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

4 interviews of same questions lasting about an hour each, lots of focus on handling customers, coaching employees and business development. They all asked basically behavioral questions. They want to know how you respond to difficult and challenging situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenging customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview a week later and then an in-person interview a week after that. Throughout the process I spoke with several different recruiters. I really felt that I was a good fit for the job and the interview went well. I was told I would be contacted by the recruiter if the position would be offered to me. The recruiter always called first and then sent an email. After several weeks had passed I hadn't heard anything. I had to take an unexpected trip to tend to an ill family member. I had finally received an email from the branch manager saying they had been trying and trying to get a hold of me. They were trying to offer me the position. I explained the situation and declared my interest, asking what I could do to resolve the confusion, I never received a response. I was confused as to why the recruiter didnt email me if I couldnt be reached by phone. The process was great except for the confusion caused by speaking with several different recruiters and the length I was expected to wait.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer. How did you go above and beyond to properly handle the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus with a HR Director from Rochester. Then I was selected to interview at their HQ in Buffalo with 3 different people. Offered a wide range of area's across New York State that I could apply for. Every one I spoke with was very kind and helpful with arranging everything. I feel that this company does a good job training their employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you motivate people? What leadership roles have you held? Describe your busiest day. Then was selected to go interview in Buffalo. Was meeting with 3 people and it was 3 hrs long.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank (New Paltz, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through my university. All I had to do was send my resume in. The interview took about a half hour. There were two interviewers, one was asking most of the questions while the other took notes (he chimed in a few times). Mostly asked behavioral questions and wanted to hear about past work experiences. I'm currently waiting to hear back for a second interview. There are 3-4 interviews.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through current employee referral, had phone interview, then in-person interview with 2 groups of 2. another phone interview the next day after positive reviews from the in-person ones. waiting for results