M&T Bank

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied online. Was called within a couple of days for the phone interview. Called back that same day to set up a face to face with the branch manager which took place a couple of weeks later. A meeting with the regional manager the week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a year? 2 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was good.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied through my college/university. The first round was just behavioral interview questions. The interviewer looked through my resume. I was then invited for an interview with the hiring team at their HQ in Buffalo, NY. All the travel expenses from flight to hotel was covered so that was very nice of them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and all behavioral questions. Why M&T?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at M&T Bank.

First they interview over the phone, then after about a 45 minute conversation that is exactly like an test you take online, then they decide to give you a face to face interview. A bit of a waste of time If you ask me.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Interviewed through on campus recruiting at my college. Mostly sat there while the interviewer talked about the history of the company and what they do with the community. Didn't ask me many questions.

Relationship Banker I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at M&T Bank.

You speak with someone on the phone and then you have a interivew with the hiring manager for that branch. Then you do a drug test and submit your documentation in person on your first day of work

Interview Questions
    • What were your previous daily duties that you performed on a regular basis at your job   Answer Question
    I asked for an higher amount of pay

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at M&T Bank.

After years of experience, I was called and asked if I would take a position as if I had never worked for a bank with beginner pay. It was not even the position I applied for. The conversation was very minuscule conversation about skills and it took several times of applying, for positions I was qualified for, before getting a call about a position I was over qualified for.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied through university career website online. The first round was just a basic get to know you behavioral interview. The interviewer went through my resume and just got to know me. I was then contacted for a second round interview and was asked to list my 5 areas of preference for placement. I have yet to complete the interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that difficult. Just know yourself and your resume.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied through my university and interviewed on campus about two weeks later. Interviewer was from their headquarters in Buffalo and was fairly strange/rude. Asked some pretty general fit questions and focused on specific parts of my resume. Asked what role I wanted to fill within the company - marketing, strategy, etc. Make sure you know something about M&T Bank and their operations. The program is also at their headquarters in Buffalo, NY so make sure you're okay with that before applying.

Relationship Banker Lll Interview

I applied online – interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2014.

Over the phone interview conducted by a recruiter. It was no questions that was asked except how much money do you want. Face to face was scheduled the following week. Overall the experience was easy. The interview was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation with an employee that wanted to do things the way their previous job did?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate to the salary I wanted.

Financial Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank.

Been through 3 interviews and awaiting a decision on whether I will get hired for the position. They seem like a good company to work for... Being a bank and playing in the market we're in, it should be a good time for consultative selling...

Interview Questions
    • Role playing and being asked the typical rate questions (objections). Not difficult, just tried to make the person perceive value... In the absence of value, fees will be of concern.... This is a relationship business   Answer Question