M&T Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank in August 2015.

Interview

The first stage is a brief phone call. The interviewer was enrolled in the Management Development Program, which was definitely more relatable and transparent. Following the phone call, you are invited to the Women's Leadership Symposium at the company's headquarters in Buffalo, where more in depth interviews will take place.

Interview Questions

• What other colleges were you looking at, and what made you decide to go to (the college you attend now)?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I inquired in the branch and was told to apply on line. Soon after I got a phone call from HR. they outlined the duties and responsibilities and reviewed my resume. I got a follow up call with the job offer. Quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was made and I was told I could take it or leave it.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at M&T Bank (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, within the next day I got a call from H.R. for a 30 minute phone interview. The 30 minute phone interview was with a H.R. rep. I recommend emphasizing on customer service, building repport with customers/ client, and sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical customer service questions, and sales questions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

There were three people interviewing. Questions were mostly non relevant to the position. Interviewers were not skilled enough to interview for this position. The usual setting with too much of waterfall methodology being used. Lasted about 30 minutes and everyone was polite.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, recieved a phone call to set up a phone interview that week. After the phone interview i was given an interview with a branch manager. The offer came weeks after the interview. Definitely call the recruiter (who gave you the phone interview) and follow up after your in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation, I dont have any relevant experience. Typically will be 10-11 dollars an hour.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through M&T's website. I had to complete questions about myself, my job history, and relevant qualifications. I got a call from HR about a week later concerning my resume, and was asked if I wanted to setup a phone interview. Before the phone interview they asked me a couple qualifying questions as well. We scheduled a time for the phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. It was pretty intense, and you really had to be able to recall experiences off-hand while explaining them fully. I was told that if I was selected for advancement in the interview process I would be contacted within 1-3 business days. I received a call later that day and setup an interview to meet with the manager of the branch I applied for. It was similar to the interview but a bit more intimidating. You describe yourself and past work experience only now you body language and genuineness is able to be judged. Word of advice, not personal but observed** if you're lying, they'll definitely know now** so don't lie to start with. They also asked about why you feel you're a good fit and how past experience would apply to certain situations in the job. You're thanked for coming in, and if you're selected you'll be contacted. There is not set response time. It depends upon the branches needs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your initial directions were changed unexpectedly?   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwinsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baldwinsville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and two days later I had an in person interview at the branch I applied to. It seemed to flow very smoothly. I was very pleased with the level of professionalism both from the women who scheduled both interviews to the women at the bank who interviewed me.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interview over the phone. Several questions about current job and past experience. Follow-up interviews on site in Buffalo with several managers. Then I was requested to come on-site to meet and interview with several managers,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I had a phone interview with an HR representative. About two days later I was asked to go in for an interview with 2 different people. They asked mostly behavioral questions. I thought the interview was fairly easy. They talked a lot about why they like to work for M&T.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were working in a group and something went wrong   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Newark, DE).

Interview

hiring process was fairly easy. Applied online, maybe the next day or day after recieved a phone call to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was quick, asking few questions about availablity and job experience. Then an interview with the branch manager. Lots of questions going over all aspects of the job, then told someone would be in contact with me. Offered the position about 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer