M&T Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.5

Financial Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Been through 3 interviews and awaiting a decision on whether I will get hired for the position. They seem like a good company to work for... Being a bank and playing in the market we're in, it should be a good time for consultative selling...

Interview Questions
    • Role playing and being asked the typical rate questions (objections). Not difficult, just tried to make the person perceive value... In the absence of value, fees will be of concern.... This is a relationship business   Answer Question

Part-time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reisterstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reisterstown, MD

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at M&T Bank in July 2014.

Phone interview with HR & she asked basic questions: "why M&T Bank? Give me a time when you dealt with an irate customer. What is good customer service to you...?"

Interview Questions
    • "What salary do you expect?"..... this is difficult because if you say the wrong number it may hurt your chances. They should just tell you what the entry level pay is.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in March 2014.

I applied though on campus recruiting by submitting my resume through my school's career services. First interview was on-campus and consisted only of behavioral questions. I was flown out for superday where I had about 7 interviews with two different groups.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked very standard behavioral questions and asked about my previous experiences.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank.

I do not want to be forced to give this information in an effort to maintain my Anonymity. I started as a temp and was offered a position by a peer manager.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in September 2011.

Great interview, very welcoming and open. Employer wants to find your strengths and help you to grow in them. Also test your knowledge of the company and what truly peaked your interest about working there.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in June 2014.

Initial communication with HR. Standard questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had a secondary interview with the hiring manager was superior. He was excited about the position and I believe was looking for someone with a diverse skillset. My third interview was an on-site interview. I met with the hiring manager and his boss, both VPs. I also met briefly with a project team leader. They were all looking for leadership qualities as well as technical skillsets necessary to properly manage a team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was completely unexpected. However, I think the original thought for the position was expanded into more of a management role based upon my experience. Discussion was based upon my diversity of experience as well as my management experience. As a technical leader, the questions regarding my management style was discussed in some detail.   Answer Question

Insurance Proc Case Manager Interview

Initially contacted by a human resource representative for a phone screening. This occurred about two weeks after I applied online. At the end of the phone screening, an in-office interview was scheduled. Everyone in the office was extremely friendly, and the interview discussion was pleasant. The actual interview was one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. The first question was "tell me about yourself" which offers a great opportunity to showcase your experience. The most unexpected question was when the interviewer asked if I had thought about applying to a completely different position in the company, after I explained why I was really interested in the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Senior Telephone Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2013.

Did application online, got a phone interview next day, did online assessment for how you handle calls, had face to face interview the next day, the day after that was asked to do a drug test got the job the day after, never once checked to see if my resume was legit

Summer MDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interviewed on-campus then flew to Buffalo for a day-long interview with several members and a member of the Management Development Program. Total of about 6 interviews. Everyone was very friendly. A lot of the process seemed to be about selling applicants on Buffalo.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected- mostly just asked about my resumé and experience, and my ideas for the position.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

I applied via campus recruiting. This was a very painless process and a good company. He just asked me very general questions such as "why banking?" After that, I was invited to go to Buffalo -- all expenses paid. The biggest problem is that they give you a list of positions that are available and you have to quickly choose which you are interested in before it is filled.

Interview Questions

Worked for M&T Bank? Contribute to the Community!