M&T Bank

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.5

Executive Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Multiple rounds of interviews with HR and people within the group for which I applied. Mostly qualitative questions centered on my background, my knowledge of the bank, and my knowledge of the industry with which I intended to work. The process took several weeks

Interview Questions
    • What strategies did you employ in your former role to create and maintain new relationships?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank in February 2015.

I applied online, then took a test, after a few days someone called me to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter asked me about my salary expectations and then asked me a few questions like how I would like to be managed and how would I help an upset customer. Right away she passed me for the second interview. Her assistant called me again to schedule the second interview. It was pretty straight forward.

No negotiation

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied through my schools website early in the Fall semester and interviewed on campus. They send a list of open positions before your interview, which you have to narrow down for the interview. About 40 options explained in great detail on that list. Interview was about 30 minutes long, mostly behavioral questions, nothing too out of the ordinary. My interview was not with an HR representative.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Not too difficult. It begins with an on campus or phone interview, which is basic questions about your resume and a few behavioral questions. The next round of interviews is with four different high-ups that are in various departments of the bank.

Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was very easy and professional. Definitely felt relaxed and welcome. The hiring manager was very nice laid back. Make the whole process easy. Gave me some information about the company

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied online. Was called within a couple of days for the phone interview. Called back that same day to set up a face to face with the branch manager which took place a couple of weeks later. A meeting with the regional manager the week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a year? 2 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was good.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Varies dramatically by department... in one case, several months of the hiring management team hem and haw; in another department, empowered to make an offer at the end of the first interview

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Applied through my college/university. The first round was just behavioral interview questions. The interviewer looked through my resume. I was then invited for an interview with the hiring team at their HQ in Buffalo, NY. All the travel expenses from flight to hotel was covered so that was very nice of them.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and all behavioral questions. Why M&T?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Interviewed through on campus recruiting at my college. Mostly sat there while the interviewer talked about the history of the company and what they do with the community. Didn't ask me many questions.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at M&T Bank.

First they interview over the phone, then after about a 45 minute conversation that is exactly like an test you take online, then they decide to give you a face to face interview. A bit of a waste of time If you ask me.