M&T Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in June 2010.

Phone interview. In person interview with hiring manager. In person interview with manager of department supported.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were presented with a difficult choice. How did you make your decision?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was "take it or leave it."

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at M&T Bank.

First a phone interview with HR. Once passed that stage then One day of interviews. My interviewing was done with 5 individuals spanning over the course of 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly personality & fit... some banking / accounting / business questions - low level - this was an intern position   Answer Question
    Interns don't negotiate

Operations Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at M&T Bank in August 2012.

I started with a staffing agency and was taken on Full-Time after 3 months. Questions were normal. What are your career goals? Why do you feel you are a good candidate for this position? What are your strengths and weaknesses in the workplace? What are your short term and long term goals? etc., etc..

Was hired 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the offer without question. The schedule, pay, duties, and benefits were enough.

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at M&T Bank in January 2014.

I applied for the position on my school's website and was immediately given a phone interview after a quick resume and cover letter drop in application. The position was in NY although they made it seem like they had openings all over the mid-atlantic because that is where they have offices but the management training program was limited in locations.

Interview Questions
    • What is something different about our bank (i.e.-what it is that M&T Bank does that is different than others)   View Answer

MDP Position In Treasury Interview

I applied to the job through my campus career website. I then had an on campus interview which was mainly about why I was interested and asked me questions about my resume. I was then flown up to Buffalo and had six interviews throughout the day within the treasury department. Most of the interviews were basic and didn't ask very hard questions. Overall it was a good experience

Financial Audit Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at M&T Bank in February 2014.

Process took a week. On campus interview. 2 Behavioral questions. Walk through the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in November 2011.

First round on campus with retail sales manager based in Baltimore. Second round was in Buffalo, based on the groups I expressed an interest in during my first-round. Met with 4-5 mid-level mangers for 30 minutes each, most of which asked behavioral questions about my interest in M&T, banking, and college extracurricular activities.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I don't think it's possible, but it's worth exploring, particularly for those who are in the mid-Atlantic regions.

Compliance Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in August 2013.

interview process and signing of offer was quick. All done in 2 days

had several back and forth salary negotiations but they only added an extra 2K to the original offer

MDP Interview

interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2013.

The interview and hiring process was relatively easy. I applied through my school's career database and had an on-campus interview. Afterward, I was flown to the location of my proposed position where I had a more intense interview to see if I could fill the position. It wasn't bad though as they were just making sure that I made the qualifications and would perform the job well.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was specifically too difficult. All of the questions were fit questions and asking about myself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2013.

I first interviewed with M&T Bank at my university's campus. At first, I wasn't sure if the position was right for me but the interviewer and I really connected and I was moved to the second round. The second round consisted of a full day of interviews at the bank's headquarters office. I had three separate interviews with the employees there and, unfortunately, didn't connect with any of them. Bank is very conservative and based on tradition. Even if I received an offer, I don't think the program would have been right for me.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any dream job, regardless of experience, what would it be and why?   Answer Question