M&T Bank

134 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Development Trainee Interview

Management Development Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – This interview was through an on-campus recruiting service. Questions included "name two of your weakness" "why M&T" and "where do you see yourself in the next 2-5 years." During the interview, I mentioned that I would like to work at M&T Bank for about 2 years and then move on to graduate school. The interviewee told me that they were looking for individuals who would stay with the bank for a longer period of time. For that reason, I did not move on to the second round of the interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was when she asked me if I knew they were looking for individuals who would stay in the company for a long time. It appeared that they don't want their employees to move on to better things.   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Management Development Program Trainee
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at M&T Bank in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview on-campus with a recruiter - general questions regarding my academics, extracurricular activities, etc. Gave a rundown of the program's organization and objectives before opening it to questions.

Interviewed again by phone with a different person, similar questions but nothing out of the ordinary. Called back for an on-site interview: M&T booked a flight and hotel for me, took me around to a couple different team members. Big warning sign came up when I realized all the people I interacted with were Buffalo natives; nobody had left the city (or had come back soon after college).

Questions broke down depending on the interviewer: one was more concerned with my thoughts on the current economic climate, another with my personal skills. The final interviewer was more interested in hearing my thoughts on the interview process (obviously to lull me into saying something stupid) and gave some good advice about balancing work-life.

Interview Question – "What's the most difficult challenge facing the banking industry in the next couple years"   View Answers (2)

Summer Management Development Program Interview

Summer Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&T Bank in February 2013.

Interview Details – Through Campus recruiting program. I submitted my resume through my school, and was eventually notified that I had received a first round interview. I arrived at my school's career center, and waited a little bit and was eventually was called. My interview lasted about 30 minutes, no technicals, just going over the resume. Nothing spectacularly exciting, very average.

Interview Question – Asking mostly about what you wanted to do within the program, which I would suggesting understanding before going into the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – I had several interviews, but they were simply phone calls from different people asking me what I wanted to do. I had the general impression that the interns weren't expected to have much experience in any field. After having many phone calls, eventually an HR person contacted me with the details of my offer and I accepted. Overall the process was a good one, albeit lengthy.

Interview Question – For me, there were no technical questions or the like.   Answer Question

MDP Interview

MDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – Very Straightforward interview style. Professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Questions were to be as expected, no trick questions   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Relationship Banker

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted approximately one week later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was six days later and took 30 minutes or so. The same day I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview, and I met with the branch manager early the next week. Eight days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to deal with an irate or unhappy customer, including how you dealt with him/her and resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered an hourly rate that was at the high range of what I was looking for, so I didn't feel the need to haggle.

Associate Relationship Manager Interview

Associate Relationship Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in March 2009.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by 2 rounds of interviews on site.

Interview Question – How many 3 digit numbers have 1 zero in them?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at M&T Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met with my boss and answered a few question around my experience and he explained the job, Then I met with HR and they asked a few more questions along with my salary requirements. Then I met with my bosses boss and answered some more questions. Once the interviews were complete HR called with an offer.

Interview Question – I did not feel there were any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

Sales Development Program

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – The Interview process was lenthy and required some travel. The first step was a phone interview with one of the hiring managers in HR. Following the interview we were able to confirm a second interview with the supervisor of the program. This took place within two week and following the second interview I was caled for the third interview. The third interview was with the Branch manager of the home branch I would be training in. The overall process was lengthy, but went fairly smoothly.

Interview Question – The most diffiuclt question and common one that I had found was answering the question, why bankning?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no neotiating!

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview Details – Fairly easy interview. Wasn't too prepared but managed to get by.

Interview Question – They mostly asked questions about my education and how my experience would help me in the position at hand.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at M&T Bank