M&T Bank Management Development Program Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I had a phone interview with an HR representative. About two days later I was asked to go in for an interview with 2 different people. They asked mostly behavioral questions. I thought the interview was fairly easy. They talked a lot about why they like to work for M&T.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were working in a group and something went wrong   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus with a HR Director from Rochester. Then I was selected to interview at their HQ in Buffalo with 3 different people. Offered a wide range of area's across New York State that I could apply for. Every one I spoke with was very kind and helpful with arranging everything. I feel that this company does a good job training their employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you motivate people? What leadership roles have you held? Describe your busiest day. Then was selected to go interview in Buffalo. Was meeting with 3 people and it was 3 hrs long.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank (New Paltz, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through my university. All I had to do was send my resume in. The interview took about a half hour. There were two interviewers, one was asking most of the questions while the other took notes (he chimed in a few times). Mostly asked behavioral questions and wanted to hear about past work experiences. I'm currently waiting to hear back for a second interview. There are 3-4 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through current employee referral, had phone interview, then in-person interview with 2 groups of 2. another phone interview the next day after positive reviews from the in-person ones. waiting for results

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at M&T Bank in April 2015.

Interview

The process was way too long, I interviewed back in April at my campus and the lady had said in two weeks I would hear from someone. I didn't hear from anyone until two days ago, two months later. I thought that was super rude that they took so long, I almost passed on another job offer because I was waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a conflict in your workplace?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

The interview was nice and casual. The Interviewer asked a lot of questions concerning the things on my resumee. It lasted about 45 minutes, and we often got off topic. It was an interview mostly focused around getting a feel of what type of person I was and how well I could converse.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had one phone screen through on campus recruiting with a VP, he asked mostly behavioral questions and a few "if you had this problem in an excel spreadsheet, how would you go about handling it?" case type questions. Fairly easy interview, the guy was really nice. Within 1.5 weeks was notified that I was invited to final rounds. Indicated preferences for position placements (variety of departments and locations like DE, Baltimore, Buffalo), and got my top choice. They flew me to Buffalo for super day, and had four interviews including lunch with a potential co-worker.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank in February 2015.

Interview

This interview process has been very long and drawn out. I had the first round on campus in February and had the final round at the end of February and I still have not heard back. It has been almost 2 months since my final round. M & T is very unprofessional. At the very least they could send me a rejection letter. The campus interview was behavioral. I was asked questions like why M&T. What area might you be interested in working in? The final round was also very behavioral at one of M&T's offices (non-headquarters) was also very behavioral. I met with four managers who were all very nice. However, I am disappointed the process has taken this long.

Interview Questions

• Why M&T? Why do you want to go into this practice area in particular?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Applied through my schools website early in the Fall semester and interviewed on campus. They send a list of open positions before your interview, which you have to narrow down for the interview. About 40 options explained in great detail on that list. Interview was about 30 minutes long, mostly behavioral questions, nothing too out of the ordinary. My interview was not with an HR representative.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Interview

Interviewed through on campus recruiting at my college. Mostly sat there while the interviewer talked about the history of the company and what they do with the community. Didn't ask me many questions.