M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online via their website's form, they followed up with a phone call. They first called me to interview for an Engineering Designer position, although I applied and am qualifies with a BS in Engineering. When I called and inquired if I could interview for the Engineer position, their response was to "just tell them when I get there, they're interviewing for all positions", which I thought was awkward as they wouldn't know what position to even ask questions about. Drive my family the 15 hours to Charlotte for interview on Friday afternoon- they ask me why I'm relocating and tell me that I'm using them as a step to get to Charlotte and that I didn't want the job? Very awkward, unprofessional and unorganized. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Are you using the company to get a mortgage to relocate-- will you bother to stay here for more than months?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp..

Interview

The interview was better than most interviews I have participated in. The actual engineers ran the interview with an HR representative present. They asked questions that were relevant to the job regarding experience with CAD software and completed coursework. They did not ask any of those ridiculous behavioral questions. I was asked to interpret a construction drawing and explain what I saw. I was also shown other drawings relating to mineral and ore processing as examples of what I would be working on. If you are applying to be an intern and have CAD experience, bring an example of your work (school project, etc.) if possible. Overall the interview was relaxed and I had a good idea of what the company did by the end.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was explaining the drawing. At the time I had limited experience with the types of drawings that M3 produces but was familiar with part and assembly drawings of a much smaller scale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more than what they initially offered but they start all interns at $13.00/hour so I was unable to negotiate a higher salary.

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. (Chandler, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

I met them through a career fair at ASU Polytechnic. Received a call back to schedule an interview for a student intern position at the Chandler office. When I got there, I was informed it was an hourly position in the range of 12/hour to essentially assist the engineers in their work with the option to possibly be kept on after I graduated. My interview was with the HR lady from the career fair and one of the senior electrical engineers at the company. I was asked about some of my classes, my experiences with CAD, my interest in becoming an EIT, and my future engineering goals. I heard back from them a week later saying I did not get the position because I was in my senior year and they were looking for somebody who would be in school longer. However, the person they ended up hiring was one of my classmates, who is also a senior graduating in May, so I am not sure what the real reason was.