MAC Cosmetics

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Makeup Artist Interview

Makeup Artist

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview Details – Had a makeup demo and a sit down group interview all in one day. Was given 30 minutes to pick out products for model and to put on a natural day time look given the situation of the model. Sit down interview was less than 20 minutes was asked to describe myself, what I was wearing on my face, favorite MAC product and why I would like to work for the company. Overall it was an amazing process and I'm glad to have gotten an interview with the company I would love to work for.

Interview Question – Favorite MAC product and why.   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Makeup Artist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview Details – There will be at least 3 interviews. 1 with the retail manager, 1 makeup interview you will need a model for and 1 with the MRO (district manager), If you apply through Craigs List then the Regional recruiter will contact you if they were interested in your resume then schedule a group interview or a one on one interview. Then if you passed you will be forwarded to a Retail Manager if you pass that then they will call you to schedule a makeup interview. It will be timed and there will be a specific scenario you will have to apply. Don't go doing some crazy elaborate looks they just want to see how you listen to the customer and know the basics of makeup. A prime look is ideal (natural and clean).

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions just all about selling and how I plan to make my personal goals. They want to know your past experience in sales especially retail sales and how were you successful.   Answer Question

Part-time/Freelance Interview

Part-time/Freelance
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, given her card after a brief talk about my makeup and passion for it. She looked around and found an open position at a nearby mall and encouraged me to go and speak to the manager. I called the counter and set up a time to introduce myself to the manager. On that day I arrived in all black, hair and makeup done, with resume in hand. What I had assumed was to be a quick introduction turned into an interview. This made me a bit more nervous than before but we talked and she asked me back for the second stage interview which I will have tomorrow.

Interview Question – Most difficult question for me was "What all do you know about M.A.C?" this was hard for me because I had done my homework, but was very nervous about the interview so I fumbled a bit.   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the offer to come back in for a makeup application. I have not yet been offered the position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Freelance Makeup Artist/On Call Artist Interview

Freelance Makeup Artist/On Call Artist
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2014.

Interview Details – Verbal interview: The longest and most emphasized of the interview process. The panel of recruiters asked the ladies with retail/customer service experience a majority of the questions. Questions about their job, how it could help them work at MAC, their experiences etc. Their focus was on if you are able to sell.

Makeup interview: 7 minutes to talk to your "client" and collect products. 20-25 minutes to do a makeover. Scenario was our client works in an office, doesn't wear much makeup, and is going to a nighttime wedding. She also wants some of the products to use at work. The panel circles around so I made sure to keep a flow of conversation and explain what I'm using and why. Also, made sure to mention Viva Glam and how it works to my client. At the end the panel critiques your look, asks your model what she learned/how she likes it, and tells you to clean up your station. At the beginning, one of the recruiters demonstrated how to sanitize the products (Place products on tissues, spray down tissue to wipe off lipstick, use tissue to wipe down powders/eyeshadows, use wands, no double dipping, etc.) and informed us to have the client hold up the mirror while you apply.

Interview Question – If you had a customer asking about a moisturizer, but you didn't know about it, how would you go about getting that knowledge?   View Answer

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Freelance Makeup Artist
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2014.

Interview Details – Came in for an event and they loved my look and makeup and offered me an interview. Came in with my model and she asked for a day time look with winged eye and red lips. i did a full face and used atleast 3 products on each feature.

Interview Question – On the spot Demo no questions no warning jus action... still in the process   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview Details – so i went inside asked for an application & left a resume . they called the same day for an interview next week since it was already the weekend they asked pretty easy and general questions like my strengths & weakness and tell me about yourself. i sat with all of the managers they were friendly

Interview Question – what if you were left alone at the counter   Answer Question

Retail Makeup Artist/Freelance Interview

Retail Makeup Artist/Freelance
Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an app from another MAC because the store I was applying for didn't have any copies. Went in to drop the app off but to my surprise I was interviewed on the spot! Luckily, I was dresses in all black & my makeup was flawless. The interview was short & sweet. They were really nice & very approachable but maintained their professionalism. After the interview, I was told I would be hearing from them & that's when I will be told to bring I'm a model for my makeup demo.

Be confident in yourself. I was nervous & I think it showed so make sure to exude your confidence & don't come off as cocky & as if you know everything. You can always learn &ake room for improvement. Good luck to you all!

Interview Questions

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Freelance Makeup Artist
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Part Interview:
1 on 1 Interview with Store Manager. Brush up on history and play up on customer service
Model: Showcase you skills. You will be given a look to recreate
Phone Interview with District Manager

Interview Question – Basic Interview Questions: Why you want to work for MAC, Experience, Customer Service Questions and History and Back to MAC and Viva Glam involvement   Answer Question

MAC Artist Interview

MAC Artist

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview Details – You have to turn in your resume to a MAC retail manager at any Mac location. Its important that you dress in all black and have your image up to par with current makeup trends. Be prepared to talk about why you'd like to work for MAC, and tell a little bit about yourself. The manager then passes your resume along to a recruiter in which you are contacted for a freelance position. Freelance positions are great, as they are a way to figure out what type of counter or location you'd be good at. During the interview process, its sometimes one on one or group setting. MAC wants to know why you want to work for MAC and about any past experience you've had. Then you go for a makeup demo, day to night time look.

Interview Question – What are MAC programs that interest you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you get a starting rate of $16 as a freelancer.

Third Key Manager Interview

Third Key Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in January 2010.

Interview Details – Typical makeup questions, 4 interviews, why do you want to work at MAC

Negotiation Details – None negotiable

Worked for MAC Cosmetics? Contribute to the Community!