MAC Cosmetics Make Up Artist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.1

Make Up Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

I had 2 interviews with a nordstrom manager. I had 1 interview with the counter manager. I had 3 interviews with Mac management and a full face makeup application demo. It literally took a month plus to get hired. Plus i had to drive three hours to get to the mac management interview- that was in a different state.

Interview Questions
There wasn't any negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MAC Cosmetics in February 2014.

I submitted my resume through an add posted on Craigslist. They called to set up an interview in a location about an hour away from me and told me I would need to bring a model with me. There were to be two interviews that day. A preliminary normal interview and then there would be a makeup application interview.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know how much you actually know about MAC products.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MAC Cosmetics in February 2014.

I came in person, in all black, dressed as the part to turn in my resume. I spoke to the manager who then referred me to the person in charge of hiring. She then told me to go to the Macy's website to apply online. I did and got an email asking me to come into interview that same week. I interviewed with Macy's and let them know that I specifically wanted to work for MAC and not any other beauty brand. About a couple days later I then interviewed with 2 third keys/ managers telling them about my experience previously working as a freelancer for MAC (that's the best way to get a PT or FT position with MAC to begin working as a freelancer for them. You have way more priority over others and it's basically a guarantee that you got the job). I then went on to interview with the top main managers of the MAC and they asked me regular interview questions. I then had to interview with the regional manager in a different location. I believe I went through abut 4-5 interviews plus I had to do a makeup test where I had to bring a model of my own and apply makeup to her as I've been asked to do so. It took about 2-3 weeks I believe to get the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I tried to but they told me they started me off at the highest pay, which I didn't believe, but later found out to be somewhat true.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in July 2012.

I brought in a résumé spoke to the "SRM" they will ask what you availability is like. I later interviewed with the regions MRO, HR, SRM and Resident Trainer your usually in a group interview and several question about the company are asked. Things to know; what does MAC stand for? What do you know about VIVA GLAM? After a verbal interview you will apply makeup on a model. Using your own brushes and with makeup they supply. During this process they are watching for sanitation. Making sure your listening to the customers needs. Making a verbal contract in case the counter gets busy, I might have to step away for a minute to help out. Make sure you can hold a conversation with a customer and that you are showing and teaching them.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do that makes you a good team player?   View Answer
    • Describe what makes good customer service?   View Answer
    I was hired as a on-call, most cases this is how you start with the company. When you are hired permanently make sure you you don't just agree with what they will offer to pay. This is one of the top performing makeup company's in prestige makeup. Ask for what your worth.

Make Up Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at MAC Cosmetics in April 2012.

I saw a posting online for a career fair. It said to bring a resume and anything else you wanted to showcase (i.e. portfolio). I made sure to wear all black, heels (optional) and a full of makeup. When I arrived there were about 6 other girls waiting. We were called in by groups in the order that we arrived. And asked about 5 fairly easy questions. At the end our interviewer asked if we had in question. no one received the ok for a demo interview but were told they would be doing call backs. On the online posting it said demos would be done on April 25th (today is April 19th) so I believe if I am to get a call back it will be sometime between the tw dates)

Make-Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MAC Cosmetics in September 2009.

One of the key thing is to be sure you can give the impression you will fit in with the company's commitments and working environment. Be sure to become familiar with MAC Cosmetics humanitarian emphasis and its commitment to professional grade cosmetics.
    Put together a professional make-up artist portfolio. In the interview they will check your professional and product knowledge, and your communication skills.

Make-Up Artist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2009.

Brought in Resume. Called back for interview. Asked questions about the company, myself and experience.

Make Up Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MAC Cosmetics in February 2009.

Both a business interview and makeup application. Sometimes booked together but likely separately. The makeup application process can be the most concerning. Details such as keeping a clean environment, use of brushes and other applicators & over all sanity practices can make or break the interview process. Talent is important of course, but cleanliness and hygiene are huge. The company teaches a lot as compared to other companies so troth is easy.

Alway negotiate salary