MAC Cosmetics

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Make Up Artist Interview

Make Up Artist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in April 2012.

Interview Details – I saw a posting online for a career fair. It said to bring a resume and anything else you wanted to showcase (i.e. portfolio). I made sure to wear all black, heels (optional) and a full of makeup. When I arrived there were about 6 other girls waiting. We were called in by groups in the order that we arrived. And asked about 5 fairly easy questions. At the end our interviewer asked if we had in question. no one received the ok for a demo interview but were told they would be doing call backs. On the online posting it said demos would be done on April 25th (today is April 19th) so I believe if I am to get a call back it will be sometime between the tw dates)

Interview Questions

Make Up Artist Interview

Make Up Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in February 2009.

Interview Details – Both a business interview and makeup application. Sometimes booked together but likely separately. The makeup application process can be the most concerning. Details such as keeping a clean environment, use of brushes and other applicators & over all sanity practices can make or break the interview process. Talent is important of course, but cleanliness and hygiene are huge. The company teaches a lot as compared to other companies so troth is easy.

Interview Question – How to handle a challenging client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Alway negotiate salary

Make-Up Artist Interview

Make-Up Artist
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in September 2009.

Interview Details – One of the key thing is to be sure you can give the impression you will fit in with the company's commitments and working environment. Be sure to become familiar with MAC Cosmetics humanitarian emphasis and its commitment to professional grade cosmetics.
Put together a professional make-up artist portfolio. In the interview they will check your professional and product knowledge, and your communication skills.

Interview Question – I don't remember a question like this.   Answer Question

Make-Up Artist Interview

Make-Up Artist

The process took a day - interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2009.

Interview Details – Brought in Resume. Called back for interview. Asked questions about the company, myself and experience.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at MAC Cosmetics

Worked for MAC Cosmetics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAC Cosmetics Make Up Artist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by MAC Cosmetics employees and interview candidates.