Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at MAC Cosmetics
- Makeup Artist (32)
- Freelance Makeup Artist (22)
- Retail Makeup Artist (20)
- Make-Up Artist (5)
- Make Up Artist (4)
- Sales Associate (4)
- Artist (3)
- Retail Manager (3)
- Retail Artist (2)
- Cashier (2)
- Freelance Makeup Artitst (2)
- MAC Artist (2)
- Cosmetic Business Manager (1)
- MAC Cosmetics Retail (1)
- Full Time Artist (1)
- Mua (1)
- Retail Makeup Artist/Freelance (1)
- Freelance Makeup Artist/On Call Artist (1)
- Part-time/Freelance (1)
- Mac Freelance Makeup Artist (1)
- Seasonal Make-Up Artist (1)
- Part Time Position for A New Counter Opening In Cork Airport (1)
- Retail Makeup Artist (Part Time) (1)
- FT Artist (1)
- Marketing Administrator (1)
- Third Key (1)
- On Call Sales Associate (1)
- MAC Makeup Artist (1)
- Third Key Manager (1)
- Manager Retail Operations (1)
Sales Associate Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.
The 1st interview was a meet and greet witch lasted 5-10 minutes, and from there you will get a second interview witch is the makeup application. Where you bring a model, they switch your model, and you only get 30 minutes. And the last interview is about if u can work holidays and what not.
- Tell me about yourself? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics
Sales Associate InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.
Meet with Store Managers, then district training manager, then mock/timed makeup application. The First interview was easy going asked all the expected questions in customer service. The second interview was at another location with the district manger whom was extremely rude and late to meeting. The makeup application was was going and allowed you to show talent.
- What is our Viva Glam Program. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
The hiring process was so long and tedious.
Sales Associate InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Brentwood, CA) in June 2012.
they ask you to bring a model to do a make over on and then they ask everyone to switch models so you do not get to work on the model you brought.some applicants brought men and un cooperative and decidedly unattractive older models for this process which left others at a disadvantage.
- company product favorites and the mac story and corporate background such information as would be on the Wikipedia page and corporate website in the "about us" section. Answer Question
Sales Associate InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.
The manager interviewed me and he asked why I wanted to work at MAC and why I thought I was a good fit. He was wearing jeans and was interviewing me in a tiny room that looked like a closet, the makeup artists there are told to wear all black so I thought it was weird.