MAKO Surgical

www.makosurgical.com

MAKO Surgical Interview Questions

3.4

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MAKO Surgical in August 2013.

They responded pretty quickly to my application but then it soon felt like being one of many to be processed or that the company was too busy or it wasn't important for them because it was weeks before the phone interview. Eventually got to phone interview but again felt like it was a bother for them. It took about 45 minutes and the interviewer spoke for 40 minutes.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MAKO Surgical.

They started with one phone interview with the hiring manager. Typical single interview format though they had a group interview, where you present to 5 or so employees. I had to present why I was a good fit. Overall, they weren't all that difficult. The Sr. Product Manager hiring for the job was a bit tougher to predict and read.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a start-up? How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    They send an offer with 48 hours to accept. I was unemployed at the time so I jumped on it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MAKO Surgical in January 2011.

I got the interview through a recruiter. It was over the phone. The man on the phone was very straight forward, but seemed a bit like a used-car salesman, was a bit arrogant/rude and overly blunt. He reminded me of a border patrol agent.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you even stand a chance to get this job?   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MAKO Surgical in October 2010.

Applicants for software are given a phone interview and a programming test to ascertain their basic skills.

Software face-to-face interviews involve us giving a demo of the system, the applicant giving a group presentation of their skills and experience, and then a series of short Q&A with groups of 2-3. This generally lasts most of the day.

Interview Questions
    • "What was your specific role in [subject presented during group interview]"

Many applicant's seem to have a hard time explaining the difference between what their team did and what they did on a group project.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First round: few questions about your background, technical skills that you have about image processing, things on your resume
    Second round: Two computer programming questions, to be finished in a week with Tcl/Tk programming language
    Third round: Onsite Interview, very long, begins with a presentation, then 4 rounds' technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of segmentation/registration techniques did you know before? List some search algorithms.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MAKO Surgical in July 2011.

very shady manager. would not put any compensation figures in writing. after speaking with 3 current sales people they said to "run" away from mako. This seemed a shame, given their technology. But better to know that info now, vs after accepting offer. Glad I turned this down. Also spoke with some physicians afterwards, and they were not impressed with their implants

Interview Questions

Seemed like the manager had no integrity....