MAKO Surgical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Davie, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MAKO Surgical in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applicants for software are given a phone interview and a programming test to ascertain their basic skills.

Software face-to-face interviews involve us giving a demo of the system, the applicant giving a group presentation of their skills and experience, and then a series of short Q&A with groups of 2-3. This generally lasts most of the day.

Interview Question – "What was your specific role in [subject presented during group interview]"

Many applicant's seem to have a hard time explaining the difference between what their team did and what they did on a group project.
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at MAKO Surgical in August 2013.

Interview Details – They responded pretty quickly to my application but then it soon felt like being one of many to be processed or that the company was too busy or it wasn't important for them because it was weeks before the phone interview. Eventually got to phone interview but again felt like it was a bother for them. It took about 45 minutes and the interviewer spoke for 40 minutes.

Interview Question – How would you fix a big mistake made by a co-worker ?   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer
South Florida, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MAKO Surgical in February 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring manager wanted me to commit during the phone interview to what I could present during an on site interview about my past work. I felt uncomfortable to committing on the spot because most of my past work is company confidential. Manager started haggling with me that I could be open with him etc. I offered I could present past university thesis work but he was not interested in that. I did not like feeling pushed for presenting potentially company confidential material and I refused to do so. This was the breaking point for me and the hiring manager. As a result the interviewing process stopped here.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MAKO Surgical in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a recruiter. It was over the phone. The man on the phone was very straight forward, but seemed a bit like a used-car salesman, was a bit arrogant/rude and overly blunt. He reminded me of a border patrol agent.

Interview Question – Why do you think you even stand a chance to get this job?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MAKO Surgical.

Interview Details – They started with one phone interview with the hiring manager. Typical single interview format though they had a group interview, where you present to 5 or so employees. I had to present why I was a good fit. Overall, they weren't all that difficult. The Sr. Product Manager hiring for the job was a bit tougher to predict and read.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a start-up? How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They send an offer with 48 hours to accept. I was unemployed at the time so I jumped on it.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at MAKO Surgical

Interview Details – First round: few questions about your background, technical skills that you have about image processing, things on your resume
Second round: Two computer programming questions, to be finished in a week with Tcl/Tk programming language
Third round: Onsite Interview, very long, begins with a presentation, then 4 rounds' technical questions.

Interview Question – What sort of segmentation/registration techniques did you know before? List some search algorithms.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MAKO Surgical in July 2011.

Interview Details – very shady manager. would not put any compensation figures in writing. after speaking with 3 current sales people they said to "run" away from mako. This seemed a shame, given their technology. But better to know that info now, vs after accepting offer. Glad I turned this down. Also spoke with some physicians afterwards, and they were not impressed with their implants

Interview Question – why did i want to work for mako?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seemed like the manager had no integrity....

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MAKO Surgical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAKO Surgical interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by MAKO Surgical employees and interview candidates.