MAQ Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.1

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had handed my resume to the company in a career fair. I was contacted by the company two months later if I was interested in the summer internship. A telephonic introduction was followed by in-person interview with two rounds- one technical and one HR. I was told that results will be out in a week but it was not out till 3 weeks. There were no replies of my email inquiries and was told I am selected after I inquired the 3rd time. Also HR said she sent emails to my references for background check but my references did not get any such email. After I asked her to send again to all of them, she just sent to one of my reference, saying she is too busy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked C# and SQL questions and also algorithmic puzzles in technical interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MAQ Software in April 2015.

Interview

Emailing - Setup a time for a phone screen.
    Phone Screen - Asked why I was interested in the position. Asked if I had any questions about the position. I asked about work-life balance, as many have made negative reviews based on that aspect alone. I got a very dodgy response from the interviewer. He stated that it depends what position I am given (which didn't make sense since this screen was for the SDE position). I also was not prepared on why I was seeking a position at MAQ Software. I replied with a basic general response saying that I am entry-level and am interested in working on fast-paced projects. Overall, I got the idea that entry-level SDE are just there to communicate with their offices in India since I would have been given a Project Manager title.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. They ask you to go to one of the meeting room and they will come in and ask you a simple algorithm question, after that if they like you the hiring management will come in the room and chat with you to see why you wanted to join them

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will call you and give you a day for two to make the decision

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on my University's job website. A recruiter called me a few days later and we had an introductory phone conversation, and then a couple weeks later I went in for a technical interview.

At the technical interview I talked to a Software Engineer who asked me technical questions, and then I talked to the recruiter who I talked to on the phone about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The Software Engineer asked me how I would design the tables for a database that kept track of customer information and purchase information for an online shopping site.   Answer Question

PM/Software Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. It was an enjoyable interview process. There were no difficult technical questions, which was odd for a development position.

Interview Questions

• It was just a general technical question about how a database system could fail.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1 hour in person interview where the positions were explained and I was asked about some of the relavant experience listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you found and fixed a major bug, and what did you do?   1 Answer

I declined the offer because I was offered a position as a software dev in test, and I was looking for just a software dev position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Met with a person from HR, then met with one of the senior managers on the first day. They said that they would meet and get back to me about a second round interview. The next week a recruiter reached out and scheduled a time for me to come in for a technical interview the next day, I met with a developer for about 30 minutes and was asked code the answer to a problem using any language I wished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation, however the original offer was very fair so I decided to take it.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I met with three people, one at a time. The first interviewer was intense but I think he was mostly trying to weed out anyone that wasn't a good fit for the company.
    The second interviewer asked questions more about my background and passions, as well as my educational experience.
    The third lady that interviewed me was super nice and described the role to me and a little about the company and what it'd take to be successful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer they made me was very fair and comparable to my peers. My advice would be to take the offer and prove your worth, the company will reward your hard work with raises and bonuses.

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

pretty informal most of the interview were done by the company i woul dbe contracting for

Product Designer Contractor At Microsoft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in July 2009.

Interview

They were very to the point, asking professional questions. Talk about your past career and some approaches you take on UX processes.

Interview Questions

• What is your process of creating icons? Lead me step by step.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and they got back to me that it is not possible.