MAQ Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

PM/Software Dev Interview

Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview Details – Everyone was very friendly. It was an enjoyable interview process. There were no difficult technical questions, which was odd for a development position.

Interview Question – It was just a general technical question about how a database system could fail.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MAQ Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – Met with a person from HR, then met with one of the senior managers on the first day. They said that they would meet and get back to me about a second round interview. The next week a recruiter reached out and scheduled a time for me to come in for a technical interview the next day, I met with a developer for about 30 minutes and was asked code the answer to a problem using any language I wished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation, however the original offer was very fair so I decided to take it.

Program Manager Interview

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MAQ Software in May 2010.

Interview Details – I met with three people, one at a time. The first interviewer was intense but I think he was mostly trying to weed out anyone that wasn't a good fit for the company.
The second interviewer asked questions more about my background and passions, as well as my educational experience.
The third lady that interviewed me was super nice and described the role to me and a little about the company and what it'd take to be successful.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer they made me was very fair and comparable to my peers. My advice would be to take the offer and prove your worth, the company will reward your hard work with raises and bonuses.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test
Redmond, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at MAQ Software in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a 1 hour in person interview where the positions were explained and I was asked about some of the relavant experience listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you found and fixed a major bug, and what did you do?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because I was offered a position as a software dev in test, and I was looking for just a software dev position.

Product Designer Contractor At Microsoft Interview

Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MAQ Software in July 2009.

Interview Details – They were very to the point, asking professional questions. Talk about your past career and some approaches you take on UX processes.

Interview Question – What is your process of creating icons? Lead me step by step.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a higher salary and they got back to me that it is not possible.

PM Interview

Redmond, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MAQ Software in October 2009.

Interview Details – pretty informal most of the interview were done by the company i woul dbe contracting for

Interview Question – How does this role play to my strengths?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MAQ Software in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process went for 3 days. One Interview a day and all of them were conducted on skype. All three interviews were technical interviews.

1st Interview mainly concentrated on checking the OOPs and Computer Science basics.
2nd Interview concentrated on checking the web-development basics as I have mentioned web-development as my strong area in the resume.
3rd Interview mainly concentrated on programming basics and algorithms. General questions regarding linkedlists and trees were asked.

After 2 hours of final interview, HR called and I got the offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to shift so early in your career?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MAQ Software in February 2014.

Interview Details – First Written round (Aptitude+Logical for 30 minutes (30 questions), then Algorithm test for 30 minutes (2 problems)) via eLitmus.
Based on the written test, shortlisted candidates got called for further evaluation.
The second round was the technical interview, over skype.

Interview Question – Written Algo:
1. Return the longest possible word from the English dictionary by combining symbols of the Periodic Table.
Constraint - Symbols containing 2 characters cannot be broken & used independently. E.g. - Sodium's symbol Na cannot be broken into N & a, you have to use Na together.

2. There are 8 cubicles in a room. In each cubicle, there are 8 computers.
There are a total of 60 members.
Constraint#1 - A team can contain a minimum of 2 members and a maximum of 6 members.
Constraint#2 - In every cubicle, not more than 1 computer can be unallocated.
Constraint#3 - All team members of a team must be in the same cubicle.

Skype technical interview questions:
What is recursion?
Which data structure is used to implement recursion?
How would you display the unique elements of a list containing repeated elements?
Plus, there were questions from database management system.
  Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MAQ Software in January 2013.

Interview Details – there was written test then technical inerview and then hr

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Assistant Software Engineer

Interviewed at MAQ Software

Interview Details – shortlisted through elitmus->written test->technical interview->HR

Interview Question – all basic questions...pointers,link etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was expecting a higher pay package as i was a lateral but the HR never acknowledged.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MAQ Software

Worked for MAQ Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MAQ Software interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by MAQ Software employees and interview candidates.