MAQ Software Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on my University's job website. A recruiter called me a few days later and we had an introductory phone conversation, and then a couple weeks later I went in for a technical interview. At the technical interview I talked to a Software Engineer who asked me technical questions, and then I talked to the recruiter who I talked to on the phone about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The Software Engineer asked me how I would design the tables for a database that kept track of customer information and purchase information for an online shopping site.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MAQ Software

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Met with a person from HR, then met with one of the senior managers on the first day. They said that they would meet and get back to me about a second round interview. The next week a recruiter reached out and scheduled a time for me to come in for a technical interview the next day, I met with a developer for about 30 minutes and was asked code the answer to a problem using any language I wished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation, however the original offer was very fair so I decided to take it.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was of day consisting of an apti round(30 questions in 30 min).The questions were easy but time limit was a major constraint.After that was an algorithm round in which they asked to write algos for two questions (one was using dp and other using hashing)both easy.I cleared the first two rounds. aftter that was a technical interview.They asked questions about my project,sql,oops & a puzzle.After that was another technical which i didnt clear.

Interview Questions

• One question asked to me was to write an algo to multiply two numbers without using any arithmetic operations.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAQ Software (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very easy. I accept that I was not well prepared. If you are well prepared then you can easily crack the interview. There is nothing hype that Interviewers ask to you.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

written: 30 min objective test on apti, then interview on ds such as quick sort, merge sort, basic sql queries, join concepts, final year project description, preferred if worked on web technologies in college

Interview Questions

• Sort a stack using another stack   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Guwahati (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a skype interview conducted in which they asked technical questions related to various aspects of computer science, they also asked about my courses and a few questions from them, and the projects done in my coursework and out of class. They also asked a few algorithmic questions to test problem solving ability.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Ghaziabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

4 rounds ------------ 1 aptitude 2 technical interviews 1 HR Aptitude level is normal and also contains two programming question Technical interview includes algorithms and puzzles both. Algorithm like snake ladder game, count the no. of 2 from 1 to N and many more HR interview is pretty simple Your selection is purely based on your technical interview

Interview Questions

• You need to highly focused on data structure and algorithms You have to design efficient algorithms for the problems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software in September 2014.

Interview

Written round - mcqs(apt + tech) and then a coding problem on strings which was easy. 1st tech round - WAP to add two numbers without using any arithmetic operators. Solution - implement full adder Next question was confusing don't know what exactly he was expecting as an answer Write a recursive function to calculate the factorial of a number and the function should not break due to any reason.He said if i were to give the function in hands of a 5 year old he should not be able to break the code. Solution - I started by taking all the boundary cases such as invalid input,stack overflow,factorial bigger than 32 bits,etc but he wanted more.Told me this is how they test the robustness of our code. I was not shortlisted for the second round but they didn't select anyone from Btech anyways.

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive function to calculate the factorial of a number and the function should not break due to any reason.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Written test mostly aptitude 30 minutes, 30 questions with negative marking. Followed by 2 Technical interviews. Each technical interview has one coding question to be solved in about 15 minutes. Then there a communication test followed by a panel HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult. The first paper would be completely aptitude based was unexpected. We were expecting a little more technical questions in the written round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software in August 2014.

Interview

i applied for MAQ software through my college since MAQ software came to our campus for recruitment 1st round :- It's purely aptitude test easily u can find all questions on indiabix not possible to solve all in given time of 30 min so be quick about it and with this thr was an algorithm round in which u have to write proper code for two problem with proper comment and algorithm within 30 min q1 :- given a string without space "iamstudent" output "i am student" u are provided with a dictionary to check words q2:- an array contains number in range 1 to n and having a number missing and a number repeat twice find both numbers i did both questions and apti and top the written exam with so many gusses in apti part after that they shortlisted 20 student 1st technical round :- a coding question to print like " i_am_student" to "student_am_i" complexity plays important role here and space too interview starts with tell me about yourself and discussion on this questions and asked to to do this inplace with only o(n) complexity not even allowed to reverse string i know many of u think still possible but one time means one time not again means if u start form last thn "tneduts" u can't even reverse this word after that a long discussion on project i worked on data mining which company demands so many questions were there and after that "oops" everything in oops abstraction,virtual,polymorphism etc and after that dbms indexing, normalisation diff between c and c++ u have to explain everyhting above with proper example. 2nd technical round :- first there was a code to print nth prime number i wrote it using sieve but as my interview starts with tell me about yourself and discussion on code why i used sieve because it's clearly mentioned that i have to print only nth prime number but wrote code for whole which took so much time so had a fight over this with interviewer finally in end i wrote a simple brute force code and after that discussion on project what's the use of my project in real life after that dbms keys primary,unique etc proper with real life example means using example of real time database like banking etc and after that he asked me about knowledge in web development i denied because i have no knowledge about it after that he gave me 3 tables and i have to write query on it . those were very complex query and after that two puzzle coin placing puzzle means placing of coins so that every coin touch with other coin and number on dice so that we can easily represent date using noth dice. he was strict 3rd technical round:- it was manager technical round with project manager he was very cool guy and round starts with tell me about yourself than my hobbies and some questions on my hobbies and name 20 components of a computer like mouse ,motherboard etc within time say 20 sec and after that discussion on my project and question about my family background than my further plans regarding studies and last any question i want to ask i asked him about company growth and my growth with company and a firm handshake and round over after sometime they declared result they took 6 students in total and i was one of them.