MAT Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inventory Analyst Position Interview

Inventory Analyst Position
Long Grove, IL

I applied online - interviewed at MAT Holdings in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had been there for this position, office looked decent and the person who interviewed me explained me about the company very well. He asked me few basic question about my back ground and was very kind

Interview Question – I dont think there are any difficult questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at MAT Holdings

Interview Details – Not impressive

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Long Grove, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MAT Holdings in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call for an interview the day after I faxed in my resume to apply for the position. My first interview was the following Monday and lasted about an hour. The manager of the department interviewed me and asked about 20 questions. I sent a follow-up email after the interview and within about 2 days I received a call for a second interview. Also scheduled that for the following Monday. The second interview took about an hour and a half and consisted of 20 more questions, and a skills test. The skills test took place in the managers office with the manager present. It was a little nerve-wracking but I was happy she was there to answer questions I had. She told me she would call by that Friday to let me know. I got a call the following Tuesday to inform me that they had chosen me for the position.

Interview Question – If it were a Friday afternoon and a project came up that had to be finished by 8am on Monday, but you had plans that night, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't get a chance to negotiate anything, but I was happy with the offer.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Long Grove, IL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at MAT Holdings in October 2010.

Interview Details – you interview with company execs in a one on one setting. You will meet your perspective boss, and two executives from your area usually all in one day. They post jobs on very public boards, also they work with recruiters. I was brought in through a head hunter. My expectation for pay was in line with what they expected. I interviewed twice, once on a Monday initially. Then again on a Wednesday to go over everything and pass the background check and drug test. I was offered the position that Friday.

Interview Question – Are you capable of wearing multiple hats during the day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate with vacation days or benefits. Salary ranges are strict, and in line with a small company. It is easiest to go through a head hunter if at all possible as this company has tendencies to bully people during negotiations.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at MAT Holdings in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing manager was very professional. Asked general questions regarding job discription..
Interview lasted about 1hr. Also asked if I would considering an interview with another manager in different department. Manager was very detailed about responsibilites of the job, and asked me how my experience matched the responisbilities of the open position.

People were not dressed in casual attire. Ladies were wearing suit jackets and men were wearing ties. This shoudl be helpful for everyone applying for a job at this company. Manager took about 10 minutes descriping history of the company, so it would be a good idea to study their web site before an interviewl.

I felt that the work culture was friendly, professional and serious about that company. There was a lot of activity going on in the reception area before I was called into the interview. The phones were ringing off the hook. I was told that there were no layoffs over the last year, but there as been a hiring freeze. This position was open because of a promotion within the company.

The only negative feelings I have is that I was never notified when the job was filled, even though the hiring manager told me that I would. I finally got a hold of personnel department, and found out the job had been filled about a week after I interviewed.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a personality conflict with your boss or fellow employee, and how did you handle it.?   View Answer

Worked for MAT Holdings? Contribute to the Community!