MAXIMUS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Eligibility Specialist
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MAXIMUS.

Interview Details – Went through a temp agency. Had to scan sign, check over 30 documents. Received a call for an interview at 9. The person to interview received me from the waiting room almost one hour later. It was a good process. Interviewed by 2 people at the same time, the direct supervisor, and her boss. They said they would let you know by the next day or two what they decided. I was called by the temp agency and give the job the same day.

Interview Question – None. What you would expect... " what would you say is your biggest weakness ". Typical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate according to the temp agency. I asked if their was opportunity for growth within the company during the interview, they looked at each other with expressions of (how can we say this nicely). None. I appreciated their honesty, as my temp agency said it was minimum 6 months with possibility to be hired. It lasted 3 months before we were all let go.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MAXIMUS in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring manager seemed really friendly along with the 2 current employees. I was told that I would hear back in two weeks, but never received a call.

Interview Question – What kind of experience have you had in this field?   Answer Question

Customeer Service Interview

Customeer Service
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MAXIMUS in August 2008.

Interview Details – A friend of mine had dropped off my resume to Maximus Inc. I got a phone call and a one-on-one interview in the month of August in the year 2006. I was accepted for the position and began training on September 18, 2006.
I like the environment very much. I found it to be professional and there was a lot of opportunity for growth.

Interview Question – How important is honesty?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved. The offer stood as it was. I was to begin as a part-time on call employee initially earning $8.90/hour and later would earn $10.00/hour. I would also receive a yearly raise.

Call Center Manager Interview

Call Center Manager
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MAXIMUS in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online for Management position in call center. Completed phone screen and was invited to face to face interview in office. Met with Director and several other managers about position. Face to face interview lasted a bit over 2 hours. That afternoon, the Director called and asked if I would be interested in meeting the next day for a final candidate interview.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral based such as how you respond to different situations and circumstances.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I applied for this spot online and there was no indication of salary levels on the job posting. I did not ask about the salary levels in the first interview and when offered a management position at $45K, I had to try hard not to burst into laughter. Comparible market levels begin at $70K minimum for this specific position. Although I discussed with them my displeasure with their offer, I did not even contemplate trying to negotiate from this lowball offer.

Worked for MAXIMUS? Contribute to the Community!