MB Financial

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

Filled out application online and was contacted by someone in HR soon after .She scheduled a short phone interview ,Asking a few questions,like give an example where you had to deal with a difficult customer .Based on this phone interview you either get an 1:1 interview with the assistant or branch manager at the branch you applied at ,or you don't .1:1 interview was not hard ,branch manager was really nice .some of the questions were :use three words to describe yourself .Talked about the hours and my availability .I felt like a did really well but never heard from them .It has been over 2 weeks .

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

Had an interview on Campus, was invited to the final round which held at the Rosement location. Took about two weeks to hear back. It is a half-day interview. There is a morning and afternoon group. I was in the morning group. You have two interviews one with someone who has just finished the program and someone who is in charge of the program. Then you provide a writing sample, then there is a nice lunch with the morning and afternoon group coming together. The most surprising part was during the interviews they really kept pushing towards sales after the program which immediately turned me off.

Commercial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

My initial interview was on campus and was a very easy interview. Behavioral questions and the 5 Cs of credit question. Got second interview at the office in Rosemont. Was an all morning interview with several managers and Vice Presidents as well as meeting other LDPs. The whole day was very professional and well planned.

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

First had an interview on campus, which was mainly behavioral. Then I had a second round interview at the headquarters where I met with two of the managers. Everything was very behavioral based and this process was two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Pretty much all behavioral questions, attempting to gauge fit.

Interview Questions
    • My past experience was not related to banking so tying that all together was difficult.   Answer Question

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MB Financial in October 2013.

Interview was super casual. Just went through my resume and asked basic questions. At some point the interview stopped because he was "pretty sure I knew all the technicals he would ask"

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MB Financial in August 2012.

Submitted application online and soon after received a phone call from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I met the branch manager for a 1:1. That went fairly well though I felt he was somewhat negative about what I could potentially make as far as referrals at his particular location. The branch manager called me a few days later wanting to schedule a second interview with the assistant manager. She didn't have much to say to me and I sincerely wasn't prepared with many questions for her, so it was probably 10 minutes total. I could tell from the moment I sat down that she didn't like me. After the second interview, I reached out to the recruiter twice for my application status. The first call didn't get returned, the second was returned and I was told I'd have an answer with in a week or so. Two months later, I received an e-mail stating my four years of teller experience wasn't sufficient for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What were your sales goals like at your previous position?   Answer Question

Trust Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

Had a phone interview with HR. I already was an experience trust employee at a very large wealth management firm. Questions were generic and showed no knowledge of the job. Only focused on salary requirements, was told if I couldn't give them a range I couldn't move forward in interviewing. Let the interviewer know I would need to learn more about the position before I could answer those questions. Also the phone interviewer called 15 minutes late.

CSMB II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MB Financial in March 2012.

Over all I had 2 interviews. I interviewed with the branch manager and then the Regional Manager. Hiring Process is very very slow and drags. Recruiters often fend off good candidates and I believe do not have the knowledge necessary to screen or select candidates properly.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a lot less and I negotiated. I accepted their counter offer. Always negotiate and fight for your own salary because noone else will.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MB Financial in October 2011.

Applied via my university. Interviewed with a Vice President. She ran through a couple of standard behavioral interview questions; she was very friendly. Make sure to have questions ready and be prepared to answer why you want to get into the banking industry. Standard interview; I thought it went pretty well but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the banking industry?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10 rate your analytical abilities.   Answer Question
    • Do you get a lot of things done quickly with some mistakes or slowly with no mistakes?   Answer Question