MB Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different people. There were two rounds of interviews with two employees in each round. All interviewers were very professional and courteous. The process culminated in a job offer, and the overall experience was positive and fair.

Interview Questions

• Questions all seemed pertinent and relevant. Primarily focused on the candidates ability and energy in calling on prospective customers and referral partners.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

Filled out application online and was contacted by someone in HR soon after .She scheduled a short phone interview ,Asking a few questions,like give an example where you had to deal with a difficult customer .Based on this phone interview you either get an 1:1 interview with the assistant or branch manager at the branch you applied at ,or you don't .1:1 interview was not hard ,branch manager was really nice .some of the questions were :use three words to describe yourself .Talked about the hours and my availability .I felt like a did really well but never heard from them .It has been over 2 weeks .

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen plus numerous follow-up interviews. First in person with HR, then hiring manager followed by hiring manager and department associate. The entire process was extremely long with little feedback on status. Although the HR recruiter was very personable, the department personnel seemed very uninterested in the process, their open position or with my background. Interviews where held in a lobby conference room so there was no opportunity to get a feel for the environment or the other team members. It was highly impersonal.

Interview Questions

• If you could have your dream job, what would it be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

Had an interview on Campus, was invited to the final round which held at the Rosement location. Took about two weeks to hear back. It is a half-day interview. There is a morning and afternoon group. I was in the morning group. You have two interviews one with someone who has just finished the program and someone who is in charge of the program. Then you provide a writing sample, then there is a nice lunch with the morning and afternoon group coming together. The most surprising part was during the interviews they really kept pushing towards sales after the program which immediately turned me off.

Commercial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

My initial interview was on campus and was a very easy interview. Behavioral questions and the 5 Cs of credit question. Got second interview at the office in Rosemont. Was an all morning interview with several managers and Vice Presidents as well as meeting other LDPs. The whole day was very professional and well planned.

Credit Analyst - LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

First had an interview on campus, which was mainly behavioral. Then I had a second round interview at the headquarters where I met with two of the managers. Everything was very behavioral based and this process was two weeks.

Credit Analyst - LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

Interview

Pretty much all behavioral questions, attempting to gauge fit.

Interview Questions

• My past experience was not related to banking so tying that all together was difficult.   Answer Question

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was super casual. Just went through my resume and asked basic questions. At some point the interview stopped because he was "pretty sure I knew all the technicals he would ask"

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broadview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MB Financial (Broadview, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted application online and soon after received a phone call from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I met the branch manager for a 1:1. That went fairly well though I felt he was somewhat negative about what I could potentially make as far as referrals at his particular location. The branch manager called me a few days later wanting to schedule a second interview with the assistant manager. She didn't have much to say to me and I sincerely wasn't prepared with many questions for her, so it was probably 10 minutes total. I could tell from the moment I sat down that she didn't like me. After the second interview, I reached out to the recruiter twice for my application status. The first call didn't get returned, the second was returned and I was told I'd have an answer with in a week or so. Two months later, I received an e-mail stating my four years of teller experience wasn't sufficient for the position.

Interview Questions

• What were your sales goals like at your previous position?   Answer Question

Trust Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. I already was an experience trust employee at a very large wealth management firm. Questions were generic and showed no knowledge of the job. Only focused on salary requirements, was told if I couldn't give them a range I couldn't move forward in interviewing. Let the interviewer know I would need to learn more about the position before I could answer those questions. Also the phone interviewer called 15 minutes late.