MBDA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA.

Interview

Il y a 3 entretiens, 1 RH et deux techniques. Le premier technique est avec le chef de projet du poste auquel vous postulez, le deuxième est avec son supérieur. L'entretien RH est un entretien classique, avec des questions sur notre parcours, nos aptitudes à gérer des situations délicates, et nos compétences. Les entretiens technique sont plus axés sur les projets effectués, les expériences qu'a eu le candidat et les compétences techniques. S'être renseigné sur l'entreprise en détails avant est important !!

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial application forms fairly standard, list of skills and behavioural questions. Following this online numerical and language tests - again fairly standard. Invited to assessment day in March. Day consisted of presentation by MBDA, then group task, then lunch with 2 recent graduates, then had to deliver a 15 minutes presentation and Q&A on a topic emailed to me previously. Finally there was a 2-on-1 interview which lasted one hour. Overall was an excellent day and experience, very positive. So long as you know the company values, history, current projects etc, and have a fairly good technical knowledge then the day is not too challenging.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about the software lifecycle   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Started with the online application and psychometric testing. Then was invited to an assessment day where there was a competency based interview (2 on 1), a group exercise (case study analysing artificial projects and making decisions), lunch, and a Q&A section where one staff member showed you something and asked your opinion of it to try and assess how you think.

Interview Questions

• Just making sure you read the folder they provide prior to the interview and have answers incorporating THEIR EXACT wording for competencies.   Answer Question

Ingénieur Interview

Anonymous Employee in Le Plessis-Robinson (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MBDA (Le Plessis-Robinson (France)) in June 2013.

Interview

Premier entretien avec une RH puis avec le responsable laboratoire. Avant le passage de l'entretien, on nous demande remplir un petit questionnaire en anglais pour savoir ce que l'on connait sur la société, ce que l'on peut apporter au poste visé ainsi que sur son cursus.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Sent off application, very standard form, quickly received email requesting me to complete online tests. Didn't hear back until April (although they said they'd get back around January) invited me down to Stevenage for interview day 2 days after contacting me, with 3 parts: a team exercise, interview with 2 members of staff who both worked within my discipline, and a presentation that you needed to prepare beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Asked about most important consideration in the production of a missile.   1 Answer

Summer Placement - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Online form - numeracy & verbal test online - Assessment day. it was the first assessment day i had ever been too and it was surprisingly painless, started with a group exercise which was very standard, discussing several investment opportunities. Then we split off individually with two interviewers and had to give a presentation on missiles we had had several days to research and prepare which was fine. The two on one interview lasted an hour and was really an open opportunity to talk about your CV with a couple of common sense technical questions. The interviewers were pleasant and made the day feel quite relaxed. All in all an almost enjoyable day !

Interview Questions

• Draw a cube as if you were looking at it through two opposite corners.   Answer Question
    • Talk about the key technical requirements of an air to air missile from a mechanical engineering perspective.   Answer Question

Ingénieur logiciel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA (Paris (France)) in February 2013.

Interview

J'ai été interviewé en face de deux managers. Quelque questions techniques. Le sujet de l'avancement et des compensations ne s'est jamais présenté.

I was interviewed in front of 2 managers. A few technical questions. Matter of advancement and compensation never arised.

Interview Questions

• Que feriez-vous en tant que manager si vous ne pouviez pas livrer le produit à temps ?   What would you do as a manager if you could not deliver the product on time.   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I was told I had an interview and the interview date was almost 4 weeks in advance because this was the only time they could get the right managers together apparently. This didn't give me a good impression initially. The interview was a panel interview comprising of a man from IT, a woman from IT and an HR woman and took 90 minutes. The HR woman asked some pretty generic "competency questions", which I always think are pretty silly and I stuggle to answer. The IT people asked questions related to my job which I was confident in answering. The IT man relaxed through the interview process and looked interested but the woman was just stoney faced throughout. At the end they said they were intervieing a lot of candidates and there would be a second round of interviews if I got through this interview. I got the distinct impression they had someone in mind already, probably internal, and were bored because they were just going through the motions with me. Theinterviewers weren't even familair with my CV. A week later the rejected me because I had gaps in my technical knowledge and came across as unconfident. What they really meant was that my face didn't fit. I would have liked to work there but don't consider it a great loss not to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that someone has said something that totally made you change your mind about a situation.   Answer Question

Principal Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was mainly standard competency based questions, I applied for a technical role and the technical questions were very top level, such as “if you were going to design ‘this’ sub-system, what type of specifications would need to consider”. The two interviewers (one from the department and the other from HR) seemed to be focused on two main competencies, being able to cope with stress and being a self-starter. The recruitment process took quite a while; from interview to starting was around two months. There were a few unnecessary delays, mainly due to missing forms in the packs and letters going missing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about dealing with stress and dealing with difficult people/situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered less than I asked for in the interview, I rejected the offer and the came back and offered exactly what I asked for, which I accepted. I probably could have asked for more.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

competancy based interrogation which is very out of date, doesn't really help them understand if you can actually do the job, worst interview ever, not as relaxed as others I have had.