MBDA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at MBDA in April 2013.

Interview Details – Sent off application, very standard form, quickly received email requesting me to complete online tests. Didn't hear back until April (although they said they'd get back around January) invited me down to Stevenage for interview day 2 days after contacting me, with 3 parts: a team exercise, interview with 2 members of staff who both worked within my discipline, and a presentation that you needed to prepare beforehand.

Interview Question – Asked about most important consideration in the production of a missile.   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MBDA.

Interview Details – Started with the online application and psychometric testing. Then was invited to an assessment day where there was a competency based interview (2 on 1), a group exercise (case study analysing artificial projects and making decisions), lunch, and a Q&A section where one staff member showed you something and asked your opinion of it to try and assess how you think.

Interview Question – Just making sure you read the folder they provide prior to the interview and have answers incorporating THEIR EXACT wording for competencies.   Answer Question

Summer Placement - Mechanical Interview

Summer Placement - Mechanical
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at MBDA.

Interview Details – Online form - numeracy & verbal test online - Assessment day.

it was the first assessment day i had ever been too and it was surprisingly painless, started with a group exercise which was very standard, discussing several investment opportunities. Then we split off individually with two interviewers and had to give a presentation on missiles we had had several days to research and prepare which was fine. The two on one interview lasted an hour and was really an open opportunity to talk about your CV with a couple of common sense technical questions. The interviewers were pleasant and made the day feel quite relaxed. All in all an almost enjoyable day !

Interview Questions

• Draw a cube as if you were looking at it through two opposite corners.   Answer Question
  • Talk about the key technical requirements of an air to air missile from a mechanical engineering perspective.   Answer Question

Principal Electronics Engineer Interview

Principal Electronics Engineer
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MBDA in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was mainly standard competency based questions, I applied for a technical role and the technical questions were very top level, such as “if you were going to design ‘this’ sub-system, what type of specifications would need to consider”. The two interviewers (one from the department and the other from HR) seemed to be focused on two main competencies, being able to cope with stress and being a self-starter.

The recruitment process took quite a while; from interview to starting was around two months. There were a few unnecessary delays, mainly due to missing forms in the packs and letters going missing.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about dealing with stress and dealing with difficult people/situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered less than I asked for in the interview, I rejected the offer and the came back and offered exactly what I asked for, which I accepted. I probably could have asked for more.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Service Delivery Manager
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at MBDA in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was told I had an interview and the interview date was almost 4 weeks in advance because this was the only time they could get the right managers together apparently. This didn't give me a good impression initially.
The interview was a panel interview comprising of a man from IT, a woman from IT and an HR woman and took 90 minutes.
The HR woman asked some pretty generic "competency questions", which I always think are pretty silly and I stuggle to answer. The IT people asked questions related to my job which I was confident in answering.
The IT man relaxed through the interview process and looked interested but the woman was just stoney faced throughout.
At the end they said they were intervieing a lot of candidates and there would be a second round of interviews if I got through this interview.
I got the distinct impression they had someone in mind already, probably internal, and were bored because they were just going through the motions with me. Theinterviewers weren't even familair with my CV.
A week later the rejected me because I had gaps in my technical knowledge and came across as unconfident. What they really meant was that my face didn't fit.
I would have liked to work there but don't consider it a great loss not to get the job.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time that someone has said something that totally made you change your mind about a situation.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MBDA in April 2009.

Interview Details – Job was obtained through agency, telephone interview then online tests. Competency based interview style with usual HR questions.

Interview Question – Technical questions about the role were taxing but use common sense to get through them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I added 11k to my existing salary and they just accepted it.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MBDA in May 2012.

Interview Details – competancy based interrogation which is very out of date, doesn't really help them understand if you can actually do the job, worst interview ever, not as relaxed as others I have had.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Senior Engineer (Software) Interview

Senior Engineer (Software)
Stevenage, England (UK)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MBDA in September 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me to go through everything I had listed on my CV. I've had a relatively strong defence based background [for my age] and therefore they asked me how i dealt with problems that arised with the project(s) I was working on. Make sure you know exactly what you've put on your CV!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you've lead a team.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time where you have seen a problem occur and tell me how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made an offer, I had a higher offer from another company, they matched it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MBDA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MBDA interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by MBDA employees and interview candidates.