MBI

Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MBI.

I did the first round interview on my college campus with a person who had been working there for a little over two years. It was a simple interview with questions like "Why MBI?" and "Tell me about (this experience) on your resume" or "Tell me more about yourself." The interviewer also took the time to explain what MBI does. Two days later, I was notified via email to come in for a second round interview.

The second and final round interview took place in Norwalk, CT and took a little over 5.5 hours. I interviewed with four people who ranged from Vice Principals to Program Managers. They mostly asked me the same questions as the first round, just getting to know me and my experiences. I got some questions like "Would you say you have stronger quantitative or qualitative skills?" and "Tell me one challenge you had (doing this experience) and how you resolved it." I also went to lunch with two people who are Assistant Product Managers who joined within the past year, and that was not an interview, they explicitly told me they did not have input on the hiring decision. Before lunch, I took a verbal reasoning test and a math test. The former was a little outdated but not necessarily difficult; the latter was very simple and a calculator was provided. There was also a 30 minute marketing analysis exercise that was not complicated.

Received offer.

Interview Questions
  • What are three things about you that I cannot find on this resume?   Answer Question
  • What are three positive characteristics that you do not have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MBI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

Applied through university online career portal and was invite through campus recruiting for the first round interview that was conducted locally. It was a strictly behavioral interview and allowed for many opportunities for conversations and questions. Interviewer was very nice and helpful. Was told that I would be informed within 2 weeks if I made it to the next round of interviews but got a reply a day after.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

Applied through school career website. The recruiting process was fairly straightforward: 2 rounds of interviews, one on campus, one on site. Everyone was really friendly, and I enjoyed the entire process.
    The on-campus interview was mostly behavioral, nothing unexpected. On-site interview consisted of 4 interviews with people who had been there for various number of years. Also had to take English and Math tests, but those were pretty simple. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • What are some positive qualities which you do not possess?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MBI.

Interviewed on campus, interviewer was very friendly and nice, explaining what the company did. She then asked basic questions, such as why MBI, what career goals I had, questioning me about my resume and experience, and whether I liked to work in teams or alone. She also told me about the company culture.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

They flew me up to CT after an on campus interview (basic behavioral). Had 3 interviews with 3 executives from different areas as well as a written test (basic math/verbal skills). Everyone was friendly but each interviewer really nailed you on different parts of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product you've used or bought recently and come up with a marketing plan.   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MBI in March 2013.

Applied through University on campus recruiting process, got invited to the first-round interview. After the interview, I was asked to send a short email letter explaining why I was interested in working at MBI, if I still was. They called me four days later, asking me to schedule a one on one day with various higher ups in the company as well as a lunch interview. Got the call with the position 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Market us a product that you recently bought worth $100 or over.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MBI in April 2011.

- Campus recruitment
    - Submit resume and cover letter through campus career website
    - Initial interview with an employee during on campus visit
    - Second rounds with three program managers and HR, and an IQ and math test
    - Received offer within a day (pretty quick turnaround)

Assistant Product Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at MBI in March 2011.

Had a basic interview on campus. Just talked more about positon and went through resume. Then was invited to interview in ct. Had me take a math and a verbal test. Then had 3 separate interviews. They were all very behavior type questions.