MBI

MBI Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

Loader Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MBI.

Hiring process via internet. Interviews done through regional Mgr. Driver's must go through a 2 day trial test and a check list is then turned into management to review. Loader operators must have at least a 5 year backround in the use of heavy loader equipment and be able to work in a fast pace work environment with the safe practice of others.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stand for long periods at a time including, climbing, jumping, lifting and pulling   View Answer
    Reasonable

Product Marketing Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

First was recruited through my university and had an interview there, then went to a second round on-site interview. Nothing unexpected, but it's a long day-- they pass you off rather quickly between various VPs. You should bring some water for your down time! Norwalk, CT is also rather inconvenient if you are traveling there to interview.

Assistant Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MBI.

I did the first round of interviews on campus with an alum. This was a very basic behavioral interview. The second round of interviews was at the office in Norwalk CT and took about six hours. There were four 1:1 interviews with a range of people working at the firm. I also had to take a math and verbal test as well as a basic marketing analysis assessment.
    Overall, it was a great experience and seemed like a wonderful place to work.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 positive character traits that you do not have?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I did the first round interview on my college campus with a person who had been working there for a little over two years. It was a simple interview with questions like "Why MBI?" and "Tell me about (this experience) on your resume" or "Tell me more about yourself." The interviewer also took the time to explain what MBI does. Two days later, I was notified via email to come in for a second round interview.

The second and final round interview took place in Norwalk, CT and took a little over 5.5 hours. I interviewed with four people who ranged from Vice Principals to Program Managers. They mostly asked me the same questions as the first round, just getting to know me and my experiences. I got some questions like "Would you say you have stronger quantitative or qualitative skills?" and "Tell me one challenge you had (doing this experience) and how you resolved it." I also went to lunch with two people who are Assistant Product Managers who joined within the past year, and that was not an interview, they explicitly told me they did not have input on the hiring decision. Before lunch, I took a verbal reasoning test and a math test. The former was a little outdated but not necessarily difficult; the latter was very simple and a calculator was provided. There was also a 30 minute marketing analysis exercise that was not complicated.

Received offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things about you that I cannot find on this resume?   Answer Question
    • What are three positive characteristics that you do not have?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

Applied through university online career portal and was invite through campus recruiting for the first round interview that was conducted locally. It was a strictly behavioral interview and allowed for many opportunities for conversations and questions. Interviewer was very nice and helpful. Was told that I would be informed within 2 weeks if I made it to the next round of interviews but got a reply a day after.

Product Marketing Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MBI in October 2014.

I applied through online campus recruiting (sent over resume), a representative from MBI came to career services, had a basic preliminary interview (why are you interested in this job? what is your marketing experience? etc) and was supposed to hear back in a week. It's been over a month now and I have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult--basic first round interview questions   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

Applied through school career website. The recruiting process was fairly straightforward: 2 rounds of interviews, one on campus, one on site. Everyone was really friendly, and I enjoyed the entire process.
    The on-campus interview was mostly behavioral, nothing unexpected. On-site interview consisted of 4 interviews with people who had been there for various number of years. Also had to take English and Math tests, but those were pretty simple. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • What are some positive qualities which you do not possess?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MBI.

Interviewed on campus, interviewer was very friendly and nice, explaining what the company did. She then asked basic questions, such as why MBI, what career goals I had, questioning me about my resume and experience, and whether I liked to work in teams or alone. She also told me about the company culture.

Summer Intern Interview

Applied through my university career services website and was contacted for a first-round interview (on campus). Interview lasted 30 minutes, and covered your standard personal interview topics (Why MBI, what are you most proud of on your resume, tell me about yourself, etc.). My advice: Be yourself, as part of what I felt like they were looking for was if you'd be enjoyable to work with (once you've established your qualifications, obviously).

Interview Questions
    • What experience of yours best prepares you for this position (and why)?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

They flew me up to CT after an on campus interview (basic behavioral). Had 3 interviews with 3 executives from different areas as well as a written test (basic math/verbal skills). Everyone was friendly but each interviewer really nailed you on different parts of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product you've used or bought recently and come up with a marketing plan.   Answer Question