MBI Interview Questions

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

Applied through school career website. The recruiting process was fairly straightforward: 2 rounds of interviews, one on campus, one on site. Everyone was really friendly, and I enjoyed the entire process.
    The on-campus interview was mostly behavioral, nothing unexpected. On-site interview consisted of 4 interviews with people who had been there for various number of years. Also had to take English and Math tests, but those were pretty simple. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • What are some positive qualities which you do not possess?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MBI.

Interviewed on campus, interviewer was very friendly and nice, explaining what the company did. She then asked basic questions, such as why MBI, what career goals I had, questioning me about my resume and experience, and whether I liked to work in teams or alone. She also told me about the company culture.

Summer Intern Interview

Applied through my university career services website and was contacted for a first-round interview (on campus). Interview lasted 30 minutes, and covered your standard personal interview topics (Why MBI, what are you most proud of on your resume, tell me about yourself, etc.). My advice: Be yourself, as part of what I felt like they were looking for was if you'd be enjoyable to work with (once you've established your qualifications, obviously).

Interview Questions
    • What experience of yours best prepares you for this position (and why)?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MBI.

They flew me up to CT after an on campus interview (basic behavioral). Had 3 interviews with 3 executives from different areas as well as a written test (basic math/verbal skills). Everyone was friendly but each interviewer really nailed you on different parts of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a product you've used or bought recently and come up with a marketing plan.   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MBI in March 2013.

Applied through University on campus recruiting process, got invited to the first-round interview. After the interview, I was asked to send a short email letter explaining why I was interested in working at MBI, if I still was. They called me four days later, asking me to schedule a one on one day with various higher ups in the company as well as a lunch interview. Got the call with the position 5 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Market us a product that you recently bought worth $100 or over.   View Answer

Art Department - Painter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MBI in January 2012.

About me: BA in Painting MSEd in Art Education. Freelance artist/illustrator.

Oh. My. God. what a waste of time. They briefly looked over my portfolio before putting me in an art studio where I was to do a test painting so they could see my skill level. (The interview was to last from 2 pm until 5 pm.) They gave me materials but not everything I needed and told me to copy an ornament EXACTLY. I tried my best. At around 5:30 everyone left and I was alone in this room looking around wondering "What the heck? Who is going to finish this interview?" One of the people that was supposed to "mentor" me popped his head tried to find someone to finish the interview. I ended up seeing the head of the art department who was sort of snotty and said stuff like "You REALLY want to do this work? I CAN'T STAND this CRAP" Insulting! As if I have a choice...I needa job! As if he was so "above it all". He gave me his card, told me to email him to set up a 2nd interview. I emailed him and he said he'd have someone "get in touch". This never happened.

Thinking back...did I really want to work at the dust collector factory with my talent? Not so much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MBI in April 2011.

- Campus recruitment
    - Submit resume and cover letter through campus career website
    - Initial interview with an employee during on campus visit
    - Second rounds with three program managers and HR, and an IQ and math test
    - Received offer within a day (pretty quick turnaround)

Assistant Program Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MBI in March 2011.

On-campus interview with recruiter, alumnus of my university. Asked me to send back a brief "thank you" explaining why I still wanted to work for them after the interview - basically another cover letter. Got a phone call over a month later asking me to schedule a power day, consisted of about 6 1:1 interviews with people in various parts of the company and a really easy math quiz and IQ test. Received an offer within two days. No quant, no cases; pretty much all fit/resume review type stuff.

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MBI in February 2012.

I applied through my university recruiting system and then went over for a one on one interview. I was asked about my resume and experience, and about my interest in and understanding of the company and what they do. There was a situational question and there were no case questions. At the end of the interview I was asked to write a letter to reaffirm my interest in the company and to email it to my interviewer.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at MBI in March 2011.

Had a basic interview on campus. Just talked more about positon and went through resume. Then was invited to interview in ct. Had me take a math and a verbal test. Then had 3 separate interviews. They were all very behavior type questions.