MBP Interview Questions

2.6

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MBP.

Met with multiple team members. The focus was more on ability to fit into the team. Salary negotiations are tedious as you will most likely not be speaking with the individual with the authority to "sign off" or accept your offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are too the point. Nothing tricky. They are looking more to how you will fit into the team. If you're there for the interview then you've most likely already been vetted for technical ability.   Answer Question
    Slow. I settled for less than anticipated but it was due to the desire to work for the team in place at the time. They have a tendancy to drive down the salary. You can negotiate a fair range but you'll have to be willing to go back and forth a few times.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MBP in July 2011.

I was given a phone interview with the company recruiter. When I went in for an interview, I met with the HR manager for about 30 minutes, then I took a writing test (had to respond to a complaint letter) for 20 minutes, then I interviewed with the attorney I would be working for. I also met the other contract administrator in the company. The whole process lasted about 2 hours. Everyone I met with, including those I was introduced to in the hallway, were very nice. Business casual atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current position, as it sounds much more exciting and interesting, for this position?   Answer Question

Lead Construction Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MBP in August 2010.

1 interview with 4 people but went well for me they hired me the same day

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MBP in September 2010.

MBP's interview process was very good, very standard, and very thorough.

Interview Questions
    The job was advertised for much more than they were willing to pay.

Project Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MBP in March 2010.

After meeting someone in management at a function, he requested that I meet with him at his office. I thought it was just a networking meeting, in the event MBP ever needed to hire an outside consultant. It turned into a full-blown interview, with a thorough review of my resume and work history, and an invitation to come back and meet with other employees in the office. I was sent an employment application from the home office (unrequested on my part) and asked to fill it out, along with permission to do a background check. When I asked my contact what position I was supposed to be applying for, I did not receive an answer, so I left some blanks on the application, and offered to complete the permission for a background check if MBP was seriously considering hiring me. It was a most unusual experience, and never went anywhere.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly standard, simply vetting my experience and ability to make contacts in the community.   Answer Question