MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter via email and told I was being scheduled for a phone interview with 5 different supervisors within the same department. The interview was scheduled in a timely manner. Only 4 of the supervisors ere available. The length of each interview varied from less than 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle disagreements with physicians?   1 Answer
    • Do you work better alone or with others?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years   1 Answer

Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in April 1st and i didnt get a call until May 28.I meet with two board panel members who were very nice.One even gave my resume to two other hiring managers just incase i didn't get that particular position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Do you get upset with a co worker if they are having a bad day?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied on line as directed. They want you to take some type of psychological test after you fill out your info. The test is so unrealistic. Be careful in how you answer these questions.

Interview Questions

• I'm quite qualified for a position. The test questions are basically about how you relate to others in a work environment.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I've interview in 3 different departments for receptionist. Each interview was different. The first was a panel interview that consisted of the hiring manager, admin asst, 1 current receptionist, a psc, and head psc. It lasted about an hour and everyone was pretty nice and it was laid back. The second dept it was just myself and the hiring manager. The third department was another panel with the hiring manager, myself, and a nursing supervisor.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and got called for an interview the following week. It was quite an easy interview. I was so much at ease because the people are friendly and make you feel comfortable.

Senior Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews over the course of about 3 weeks. First I met with my (now) boss, and the team/people I would be supervising. I came in later to meet with 2 clinicians I would be working closely with. Everyone was very casual and nice. They were more concerned with my ability to maintain the cohesion/closeness of the group, which I think is a good thing. It's a very supportive environment. People work hard, but they also act like regular people and weren't stuck up. I was SO nervous and very stressed due to a cross-country move and a dying pet, so these were NOT my best interviews. I was hired for a lower position than I originally applied for, but was told that if it goes well, there may be potential for promotion.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you did not agree with your supervisor? Why aren't you getting a PhD? Do you have plans to move/leave the area in the next 1-2 years? What is your approach to supervising others? What makes you qualified for this position? Do you feel like you're a team player?   Answer Question

PSNE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was on a panel interview with four judges. They asked me about my nursing experience, why I wanted to be a nurse, and about MD Anderson's values. Everyone was very friendly and nice. I left the interview feeling very good about it. They also did a phone interview before. However it did take about 2 weeks to hear back from them.

Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with the supervisor and Principal Investigator on site. Then they showed me around the department. Very laid back and went smoothly. Getting around the hospital can be confusing if it is your first time so come early to figure out where you are going

CT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was easy, you meet with a panel of people some that are from the department and some that are not. They ask you questions about your resume and want you to elaborate. The staff that is from the department ask you questions like what's the most patients that you have ever seen in a day. Reason is they like to brag about how many patients the department sees every single day.

Negotiation

Dealing with a used car salesman

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring of MD Anderson is slow. HR is not quite on top of their game. After applying you will receive an email to test for the position. If you pass, and the department has received your resume, you will then receive an email or a call from HR informing you the department would like to interview you.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength? What is your biggest weakness? Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person, what was the outcome? Be prepared for situational questions.   Answer Question