MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.5

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

The interview was easy, you meet with a panel of people some that are from the department and some that are not. They ask you questions about your resume and want you to elaborate. The staff that is from the department ask you questions like what's the most patients that you have ever seen in a day. Reason is they like to brag about how many patients the department sees every single day.

Dealing with a used car salesman

Medical Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in April 2014.

There was 2 interviews, one with the night shift manager and one with the day manager. The night manager are more nervous. The questioning has a lot of pauses because they are just following a questionnaire form. The day manager follows the same form however they had more of a conversation with you. There will be 3 people in the room at each interviews. Besides the manager will be 2 coordinators which also have a say in decision making so make sure you look at all of them instead of just concentrating on the manager who is the main interviewer. Do not ask about vertical movement within the lab in great detail. I feel I did not receive the job because of my questions and need for promotion.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected the usual questions. Have you had a time where you disagreed with a fellow lab tech. disagreed with a order given. ever overcame something. how you deal with stress.....   Answer Question

Manager IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

I interviewed more than five years ago. It took over 10 days after I applied only before I received a call. I then completed the telephone interview and had an in-person interview within a few days. Within the week, I had a series of 30 minute interviews with IT Directors within whom the position would interact. These were scheduled all in the same day. It took about 8 days to go back and forth with the job offer and getting detailed explanation of benefits.

Interview Questions
    • The one thing that surprised me, pleasantly, was how well my (then future) Director and I hit it off. What was scheduled as a one hour in person interview went on for four hours. We got into details wireless network designs with blueprints. I never expected that in the interview.   Answer Question
    Because this is a State of Texas institution, I knew we were no going to have a lot of wiggle room. I was very up front about what I needed to get to make the jump. I gave a range and they came within the range.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in February 2014.

Just wanna say the hire process could be really long....by the time you may hear from them may take over 1-2 years....and the gap between interview and hire date could be...2 months...half year......But overall it worth the pain!

Not negotiable

Registered Nurse Interview

externship, then 1 internal interview

Interview Questions
    they offered me a starting salary, i accepted.

Research Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in August 2013.

hiring manager was checking my experience

Interview Questions
    • they checked my previous experience. It seems I was the good fit.   View Answer
    offer 60k salary, I was negotiating and asked for 65K. But the hiring manager just increased the offer to 61K.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in July 2013.

The interview process went smoothly. When I was waiting for a callback, there were some bumpos in the road. We had to wait for HR to interview additional candidates. Once I had the offer, everything was fine. The background check was extensive and completed well before my start date.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty standard for any interview.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the offer was much better than what I expected.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in May 2013.

Very Long process

Interview Questions
    • None really they just asked about my experience, when I will finish school and about certifications.   Answer Question

Behavioral Science Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

There was a long waiting process of not knowing what was going on, being said, etc. I didn't train myself for the interview, and everything went well. I would encourage others to just be themselves. I remember feeling tricked when HR called and made the offer...because they also include the cost they pay for insurance as part of your salary....so, you really feel like you're getting more.

Interview Questions
    • Not in this interview, but I was asked once in an interview, "describe a time when you failed and how you overcame that failure."   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation in this company unless you are actively sought after.

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in January 2013.

My application was screened by HR before being sent to the individual hiring for the position. That individual contacted me first via e-mail, then via phone for a preliminary phone interview, and then arranged for a 1:1 interview for the next week. The process was very straightforward and very simple; parking was validated, great directions were given and my questions were answered extensively.

Interview Questions
    • The manager was hiring for two positions simultaneously--the Research Assistant II position, and a Senior Research Assistant position. He told me he had a candidate with slightly less experience, but with a higher level of education who was also interviewing for the position and said he wanted to hire both of us, but wasn't sure if he should hire the other candidate to the more advanced position, or if he should hire me to that position. He asked me for my opinion as to whom he should hire for which position (i.e., what would I do were I in his shoes doing the hiring?)   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate my salary based upon the range listed in the job description. I asked for slightly above the mid-range salary for my entry-level position and my boss accepted that offer. I may have been able to ask for and receive more, but I thought it best to be realistic and honest about my own experience and what it was worth. If I had more experience going in, I would have certainly asked for the high end of the salary range.