MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.7

GN Residency Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in June 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. Got an email and was asked to do a one way interview via webcam since I lived 5 hours away. Submitted and heard back within 48 hours!
    I was then sent an email to take an assessment test. It was 70+ questions and waiting to hear my verdict. It was not hard at all.

Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in April 1st and i didnt get a call until May 28.I meet with two board panel members who were very nice.One even gave my resume to two other hiring managers just incase i didn't get that particular position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Do you get upset with a co worker if they are having a bad day?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied on line as directed. They want you to take some type of psychological test after you fill out your info. The test is so unrealistic. Be careful in how you answer these questions.

Interview Questions

• I'm quite qualified for a position. The test questions are basically about how you relate to others in a work environment.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and got called for an interview the following week. It was quite an easy interview. I was so much at ease because the people are friendly and make you feel comfortable.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I've interview in 3 different departments for receptionist. Each interview was different. The first was a panel interview that consisted of the hiring manager, admin asst, 1 current receptionist, a psc, and head psc. It lasted about an hour and everyone was pretty nice and it was laid back. The second dept it was just myself and the hiring manager. The third department was another panel with the hiring manager, myself, and a nursing supervisor.

Senior Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews over the course of about 3 weeks. First I met with my (now) boss, and the team/people I would be supervising. I came in later to meet with 2 clinicians I would be working closely with. Everyone was very casual and nice. They were more concerned with my ability to maintain the cohesion/closeness of the group, which I think is a good thing. It's a very supportive environment. People work hard, but they also act like regular people and weren't stuck up. I was SO nervous and very stressed due to a cross-country move and a dying pet, so these were NOT my best interviews. I was hired for a lower position than I originally applied for, but was told that if it goes well, there may be potential for promotion.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you did not agree with your supervisor?
      Why aren't you getting a PhD?
      Do you have plans to move/leave the area in the next 1-2 years?
      What is your approach to supervising others?
      What makes you qualified for this position?
      Do you feel like you're a team player?

Answer Question

CT Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call the same day to set a up a time for telephone interview. Interview was conducted by a panel 4 days later. The interview was average with a group of managers and techs.

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (South Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got the call days later. Went into interview with a panel. A Practitioner, PSC Lead and three PSCs, was very laidback and comfortable. Be assertive and sure of yourself. If you are not qualified do not interview for this position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Interview

Straightforward interview process which involved phone interview(s) then on-site visit. HR representative seemed a bit "off" and not well organized. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Hiring manager was pleasant however unprofessional post-interview.

Associate Director Interview

Application

Interview

I did a phone interview/screening with HR. Then was contacted for a web interview which lasted less than an hour. 6 weeks passed and I received a call from HR asking to meet with me when I am there next week for my in person interview - but nobody called me about an in person interview. The confusion was sorted out the next day, but there was no flex given in dates as an agenda for 2 days of interviews was already set up (I was coming from out of town) even though I was only given a weeks notice.

The disorganization got worse. I showed up 10 minutes before my appointed time, but was told that I was given the wrong agenda and was over an hour early. During my time there, my agenda was revised 5 times. There was no person appointed to coordinate my interviews, I relied on the receptionist to provide instructions on how to get to different locations. There was large gaps between appointments, but the building is isolated, so would end up having to go sit in a lobby for up to 2.5 hours at a time. The majority of the interviews were not back to back, so I had to kill time between.

Some of the folks were fantastic and I enjoyed talking to them and some had not read my resume or the job description (there were multiple vacant positions being recruited for, so they didn't know which job I was there for). However, with no one that was coordinating, there was nobody to check in with at the end of the 2 days. The whole thing felt very disorganized and as if the department was not unified and functioning as a team.

Interview Questions

• Physicians that wanted to know what the others had told me (engage in gossip type behavior, not job specific information).   Answer Question