MD Anderson Cancer Center

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.7

Institute Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Straightforward interview process which involved phone interview(s) then on-site visit. HR representative seemed a bit "off" and not well organized. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Hiring manager was pleasant however unprofessional post-interview.

Associate Director Interview

I did a phone interview/screening with HR. Then was contacted for a web interview which lasted less than an hour. 6 weeks passed and I received a call from HR asking to meet with me when I am there next week for my in person interview - but nobody called me about an in person interview. The confusion was sorted out the next day, but there was no flex given in dates as an agenda for 2 days of interviews was already set up (I was coming from out of town) even though I was only given a weeks notice.

The disorganization got worse. I showed up 10 minutes before my appointed time, but was told that I was given the wrong agenda and was over an hour early. During my time there, my agenda was revised 5 times. There was no person appointed to coordinate my interviews, I relied on the receptionist to provide instructions on how to get to different locations. There was large gaps between appointments, but the building is isolated, so would end up having to go sit in a lobby for up to 2.5 hours at a time. The majority of the interviews were not back to back, so I had to kill time between.

Some of the folks were fantastic and I enjoyed talking to them and some had not read my resume or the job description (there were multiple vacant positions being recruited for, so they didn't know which job I was there for). However, with no one that was coordinating, there was nobody to check in with at the end of the 2 days. The whole thing felt very disorganized and as if the department was not unified and functioning as a team.

Interview Questions
    • Physicians that wanted to know what the others had told me (engage in gossip type behavior, not job specific information).   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in December 2014.

Applied online. Got the call days later. Went into interview with a panel. A Practitioner, PSC Lead and three PSCs, was very laidback and comfortable. Be assertive and sure of yourself. If you are not qualified do not interview for this position.

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Very laid back recruiter contacted me did quick phone interview setup panel interview following monday received offer that wed submitted background check same day received offer did other screening following week

Interview Questions
    I negotiated and got a little increase

DISC Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Past employee, quick turn around, knew at end of interview.Met the group during and got some insight.Interview was pretty straight forward, but the job description includes a whole lot more than what was able to be discussed.

Hard to negotiate

CT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

The interview was easy, you meet with a panel of people some that are from the department and some that are not. They ask you questions about your resume and want you to elaborate. The staff that is from the department ask you questions like what's the most patients that you have ever seen in a day. Reason is they like to brag about how many patients the department sees every single day.

Dealing with a used car salesman

Research Assistant Interview

First you get interviewed by HR then you will get sent to the research team. There was an Interview panel of PI's, coordinators and managers. Everyone was professional and respectful. Everyone had great questions.

Fellow Interview

Very laid back but hard process. Very nice people but very determined to be great place. Would recommend this place. Location is also in the medical center. Research is also a good option.

International Patient Assistant Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Contacted by manager 2 months after applying online. Applied for the same position multiple times previously without being interviewed. Scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with manager directly for 2 days after (this is rare, you should expect apanel interview) I was honest and comfortable during my Interview which is why I aced it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you made a mistake at work   View Answer
    • do you prefer to work as an individual or as a team?   View Answer
    • why did you apply for this job?   View Answer
    Too little negotiation. you will not discuss pay at the interview. Only once you get the offer from HR. Their pay is high comparing to other hospitals in Houston. They will base your offer on your experience and your education. Everything is clear cut.

Cell Therapy Specialist Interview

Everything moved very fast. Applied for the position, was invited to take personality assessment 4 days later. Was invited via email for in person interview 2 days after that. Got the job offer 2 days after the interview. Very casual interview, no scary questions or pressure. Gave me a nice tour and treated me well during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    They told me what kind of offer to expect in the interview, and when I did get the offer I was able to negotiate in my favor.