MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied on line as directed. They want you to take some type of psychological test after you fill out your info. The test is so unrealistic. Be careful in how you answer these questions.

Interview Questions

• I'm quite qualified for a position. The test questions are basically about how you relate to others in a work environment.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and got called for an interview the following week. It was quite an easy interview. I was so much at ease because the people are friendly and make you feel comfortable.

Senior Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviews over the course of about 3 weeks. First I met with my (now) boss, and the team/people I would be supervising. I came in later to meet with 2 clinicians I would be working closely with. Everyone was very casual and nice. They were more concerned with my ability to maintain the cohesion/closeness of the group, which I think is a good thing. It's a very supportive environment. People work hard, but they also act like regular people and weren't stuck up. I was SO nervous and very stressed due to a cross-country move and a dying pet, so these were NOT my best interviews. I was hired for a lower position than I originally applied for, but was told that if it goes well, there may be potential for promotion.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you did not agree with your supervisor?
      Why aren't you getting a PhD?
      Do you have plans to move/leave the area in the next 1-2 years?
      What is your approach to supervising others?
      What makes you qualified for this position?
      Do you feel like you're a team player?

Answer Question

CT Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call the same day to set a up a time for telephone interview. Interview was conducted by a panel 4 days later. The interview was average with a group of managers and techs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Interview

Straightforward interview process which involved phone interview(s) then on-site visit. HR representative seemed a bit "off" and not well organized. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Hiring manager was pleasant however unprofessional post-interview.

Associate Director Interview

Application

Interview

I did a phone interview/screening with HR. Then was contacted for a web interview which lasted less than an hour. 6 weeks passed and I received a call from HR asking to meet with me when I am there next week for my in person interview - but nobody called me about an in person interview. The confusion was sorted out the next day, but there was no flex given in dates as an agenda for 2 days of interviews was already set up (I was coming from out of town) even though I was only given a weeks notice.

The disorganization got worse. I showed up 10 minutes before my appointed time, but was told that I was given the wrong agenda and was over an hour early. During my time there, my agenda was revised 5 times. There was no person appointed to coordinate my interviews, I relied on the receptionist to provide instructions on how to get to different locations. There was large gaps between appointments, but the building is isolated, so would end up having to go sit in a lobby for up to 2.5 hours at a time. The majority of the interviews were not back to back, so I had to kill time between.

Some of the folks were fantastic and I enjoyed talking to them and some had not read my resume or the job description (there were multiple vacant positions being recruited for, so they didn't know which job I was there for). However, with no one that was coordinating, there was nobody to check in with at the end of the 2 days. The whole thing felt very disorganized and as if the department was not unified and functioning as a team.

Interview Questions

• Physicians that wanted to know what the others had told me (engage in gossip type behavior, not job specific information).   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (South Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got the call days later. Went into interview with a panel. A Practitioner, PSC Lead and three PSCs, was very laidback and comfortable. Be assertive and sure of yourself. If you are not qualified do not interview for this position.

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Interview

Very laid back recruiter contacted me did quick phone interview setup panel interview following monday received offer that wed submitted background check same day received offer did other screening following week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated and got a little increase

Stationary Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Bastrop, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Hard to get a interview had to apply 4 different times over two years before getting a interview. After 2 different interviews, 4 hours total. I never heard back from them.

DISC Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center.

Interview

Past employee, quick turn around, knew at end of interview.Met the group during and got some insight.Interview was pretty straight forward, but the job description includes a whole lot more than what was able to be discussed.

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate