MD Anderson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Statistical Analyst Interview

Research Statistical Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in August 2013.

Interview Details – hiring manager was checking my experience

Interview Question – they checked my previous experience. It seems I was the good fit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer 60k salary, I was negotiating and asked for 65K. But the hiring manager just increased the offer to 61K.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in March 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent executive recruitment process. Very hands on and proactive. Helpful with networking, cultural tips, etc.

Interview Question – How have you been effective in a matrix organization?   Answer Question

Manager IT Support Interview

Manager IT Support
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson.

Interview Details – I interviewed more than five years ago. It took over 10 days after I applied only before I received a call. I then completed the telephone interview and had an in-person interview within a few days. Within the week, I had a series of 30 minute interviews with IT Directors within whom the position would interact. These were scheduled all in the same day. It took about 8 days to go back and forth with the job offer and getting detailed explanation of benefits.

Interview Question – The one thing that surprised me, pleasantly, was how well my (then future) Director and I hit it off. What was scheduled as a one hour in person interview went on for four hours. We got into details wireless network designs with blueprints. I never expected that in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because this is a State of Texas institution, I knew we were no going to have a lot of wiggle room. I was very up front about what I needed to get to make the jump. I gave a range and they came within the range.

Clinical Nurse Interview

Clinical Nurse
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MD Anderson in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long process to get hired on. But be patient

Interview Question – Describe a situation that frustration has built up and how do you as a person handle the frustration?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the first offer, but learned later I should of asked for more

Conference Planner Interview

Conference Planner
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in August 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and took an online assessment related to work style. Soon afterward I received a call from the department (within 2 weeks) asking me to interview for the job. The interview was with 3 people and was a pleasant experience. We talked for about an hour, and I learned a great deal about the job, including the challenges. I was expecting to receive an offer and was surprised when I did not. I am pretty sure I was considered over-qualified for the position.

Interview Question – None of the questions were especially difficult. The interview was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Research Assistant II
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in January 2013.

Interview Details – My application was screened by HR before being sent to the individual hiring for the position. That individual contacted me first via e-mail, then via phone for a preliminary phone interview, and then arranged for a 1:1 interview for the next week. The process was very straightforward and very simple; parking was validated, great directions were given and my questions were answered extensively.

Interview Question – The manager was hiring for two positions simultaneously--the Research Assistant II position, and a Senior Research Assistant position. He told me he had a candidate with slightly less experience, but with a higher level of education who was also interviewing for the position and said he wanted to hire both of us, but wasn't sure if he should hire the other candidate to the more advanced position, or if he should hire me to that position. He asked me for my opinion as to whom he should hire for which position (i.e., what would I do were I in his shoes doing the hiring?)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary based upon the range listed in the job description. I asked for slightly above the mid-range salary for my entry-level position and my boss accepted that offer. I may have been able to ask for and receive more, but I thought it best to be realistic and honest about my own experience and what it was worth. If I had more experience going in, I would have certainly asked for the high end of the salary range.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process went smoothly. When I was waiting for a callback, there were some bumpos in the road. We had to wait for HR to interview additional candidates. Once I had the offer, everything was fine. The background check was extensive and completed well before my start date.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty standard for any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the offer was much better than what I expected.

Safety Interview

Safety
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. multiple interviewers. I've been on worse.

Interview Question – simple career inductry questions. dont fret.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy. very easy.

Project Director Interview

Project Director
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had well over 10 interviews with different stakeholders in five different departments. Gave me the ability to clearly understand who I would be working with, who would be easy to work with and who would not. Interviewed 1-1 with three people in two rounds and with two panels with three people in one and four in the other.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where you were directed to do something shady by your boss and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Take it or leave it. Most disappointed with that. Interactions were not with the hiring manager but with HR. Felt if I could talk to hiring manager it would have been different.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at MD Anderson in February 2009.

Interview Details – it is easy process. First is HR 1:1 interview, then your manager. Manager ask more about technique questions.

Interview Question – all question are reasonable and not difficult   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MD Anderson

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MD Anderson interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by MD Anderson employees and interview candidates.