MD Anderson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Technician II Interview

Medical Technician II
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in April 2014.

Interview Details – There was 2 interviews, one with the night shift manager and one with the day manager. The night manager are more nervous. The questioning has a lot of pauses because they are just following a questionnaire form. The day manager follows the same form however they had more of a conversation with you. There will be 3 people in the room at each interviews. Besides the manager will be 2 coordinators which also have a say in decision making so make sure you look at all of them instead of just concentrating on the manager who is the main interviewer. Do not ask about vertical movement within the lab in great detail. I feel I did not receive the job because of my questions and need for promotion.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected the usual questions. Have you had a time where you disagreed with a fellow lab tech. disagreed with a order given. ever overcame something. how you deal with stress.....   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cell Therapy Specialist Interview

Cell Therapy Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson.

Interview Details – Everything moved very fast. Applied for the position, was invited to take personality assessment 4 days later. Was invited via email for in person interview 2 days after that. Got the job offer 2 days after the interview. Very casual interview, no scary questions or pressure. Gave me a nice tour and treated me well during the whole process.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me what kind of offer to expect in the interview, and when I did get the offer I was able to negotiate in my favor.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at MD Anderson in May 2012.

Interview Details – Directly interviewed with Director/Chairman/Professor
Prepared 30 min talk on research projects
Plan the whole day for the interview (including meeting the team, lunch/dinner with the professor and team)
Have a plan what you are going to work on
Preferentially have a fellowship otherwise plan to apply for fellowships
Be on time, it takes some time to get from one place to the next

Research Statistical Analyst Interview

Research Statistical Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in August 2013.

Interview Details – hiring manager was checking my experience

Interview Question – they checked my previous experience. It seems I was the good fit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer 60k salary, I was negotiating and asked for 65K. But the hiring manager just increased the offer to 61K.

CPRIT/CURE Intern Interview

CPRIT/CURE Intern

Interviewed at MD Anderson

Interview Details – I applied for this position over an online database with many different levels of application submissions. This included a CV, recommendation letters, an academic transcript, and several essay questions. After receiving my acceptance, there were many forms to complete as well as drug examinations/vaccines.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in March 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent executive recruitment process. Very hands on and proactive. Helpful with networking, cultural tips, etc.

Interview Question – How have you been effective in a matrix organization?   Answer Question

Manager IT Support Interview

Manager IT Support
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson.

Interview Details – I interviewed more than five years ago. It took over 10 days after I applied only before I received a call. I then completed the telephone interview and had an in-person interview within a few days. Within the week, I had a series of 30 minute interviews with IT Directors within whom the position would interact. These were scheduled all in the same day. It took about 8 days to go back and forth with the job offer and getting detailed explanation of benefits.

Interview Question – The one thing that surprised me, pleasantly, was how well my (then future) Director and I hit it off. What was scheduled as a one hour in person interview went on for four hours. We got into details wireless network designs with blueprints. I never expected that in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because this is a State of Texas institution, I knew we were no going to have a lot of wiggle room. I was very up front about what I needed to get to make the jump. I gave a range and they came within the range.

Clinical Nurse Interview

Clinical Nurse
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MD Anderson in March 2010.

Interview Details – Long process to get hired on. But be patient

Interview Question – Describe a situation that frustration has built up and how do you as a person handle the frustration?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the first offer, but learned later I should of asked for more

Conference Planner Interview

Conference Planner
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in August 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and took an online assessment related to work style. Soon afterward I received a call from the department (within 2 weeks) asking me to interview for the job. The interview was with 3 people and was a pleasant experience. We talked for about an hour, and I learned a great deal about the job, including the challenges. I was expecting to receive an offer and was surprised when I did not. I am pretty sure I was considered over-qualified for the position.

Interview Question – None of the questions were especially difficult. The interview was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Clinical Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MD Anderson in January 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed the second week of January. The initial process went very quickly. Completed online assessment and then was called in to take a intense skills assessment. At the end of the assessment, an interview was scheduled. The interview was a 3 person panel interview. The questions were fairly standard.

Worked for MD Anderson? Contribute to the Community!