MDA Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Word Processor Interview

Word Processor
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MDA Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. First - phone interview with HR that lasted an hour. Asked me about my perception of company, what I wanted our of the company, why I wanted position. Had chance to ask questions.
Second - in person with prospective boss and HR (same person who interviewed me). Interview + 1 hour test. After test, prospective boss discussed company culture, what the day-to-day experience would be like, and own experience with company. Afterwards, was debriefed by HR, who answered any further questions.
Third - in person with prospective boss' boss, prospective boss, and HR. Got results back from test, boss' boss briefly asked why I wanted to work in said position. More context about company and was told next contact would be to make an offer.

Interview Question – The one hour competency test was quite difficult. I was not expected to know how to do everything, nor did I, but it is still daunting to come out of an exam and then be interviewed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MDA Corporation in August 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview with their recruiter first.
Interview with a group of upper management people.
They will go through your transcript with you and ask you why you got the grade you did, it is very insulting.
There is not test, but they will ask you questions that will test how you solve problems.
Interview process take about 1-2 hours.
Offer will be sent within the week.

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate with new grads.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Richmond, BC (Canada)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MDA Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a 1-hour interview with a HR representative followed by a 1.5 hour technical panal interview by two team leads.

The HR interview mostly consisted of explaining the benefits that MDA offers, the security clearance requirements (a background check will be run after first week at work), and the assignment (contract) employee process. There were a couple of 'HR-style' interview questions as well, e.g. "describe yourself in three words".

The technical interview consisted of some general algorithm questions that were first asked to be described and then coded. There was also an example program where one had to find all the errors. None of the questions were that hard.

Interview Question – Write a function that reverses the order of words in a sentence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you that everyone is in fixed salary bands per MOSIS level. This is for the most part true, particularly for M2 (entry-level) positions - it is possible to negotiate for no assignment (contract) term or a slightly higher salary if they want you, though.

Worked for MDA Corporation? Contribute to the Community!