MEC Analytical Systems

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MEC Analytical Systems in May 2011.

Interviewed with three people - two higher managers and a potential co-worker. Questions were basic, from "Tell me about your background" to "why a career change." The interview process itself was simple but the company is HORRIBLE in communicating as you go along the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MEC Analytical Systems

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MEC Analytical Systems in February 2010.

The hiring process was quick and seamless. Once I've provided the details of my background after my phone interview; I was hired within 3 - 5 business days. MEC are a wonderful group of people which is good to not be too serious as it is not working for a Hedge fund but an actual advertising agency as sometimes people forget. But you must be very knowledgeable as MEC and alot of well known agencies tend to move with Ivy league schools which if you're not from that setting you better be very sharp and have a substantial level of experience. Not everything is by paper.

Learn to be concise with your responses. The interview must be free flowing as if you're having an informal conversation with a professor at your school. Setting is highly professional and very much is corporate. Smile & control the interview by asking fairly curious questions. It shows that you have interest and always ask what account this position is for because you may be able to develop more questions on the go.

Only the smart/clever & intellectually curious individuals will succeed; don't ever stay complacent/too laxed.

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills that you can bring forth to the table?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a slightly hire raise from my original offer. Always try to ask for more money but don't be too greedy as you're facing other top candidates possibly that may be a #1 choice because of income.

It's a very dangerous game and only the clever individuals will know how to ask for a higher raise without raising too many eyebrows.