MEC Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MEC.

I was contacted via a recruiter who did a prescreening over the phone, which was very brief. He basically wanted to see what types of roles I would be interested in. I then did an in-person interview with two different people. Pretty casual, more like a conversation that an interview. I was offered the position later that same day.

Interview Questions
    • What's the last book you read? What's your favorite current digital advertising campaign?   Answer Question
    For entry level there was no negotiation; however, they did give me about $2,000 more starting salary because I had to relocate.

Associate Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MEC in January 2013.

One phone screen with a recruiter that's very high level. If you pass that you have an interview with 4 team members two at a time for about two hours. If you pass that, you have a 30 minute interview with the team lead.

Interview Questions
    • Which advertising campaign was the most appealing to you and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at MEC.

I met three staffs from the radio department at my first interview. They ask me about my skills and if I am very organized person. It seems the position has lot to do with organizing and sorting, contacting.

Media Planner Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MEC.

-formal- background experience

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at MEC.

A human resource recruiter reached out to me via email to arrange a phone interview. First incident she never called during the scheduled time and was IMPOSSIBLE to reach after. Never picked up telephone calls, never answered emails so I stopped reaching out to her. Second incident she reaches out to me to recruit me for another job, which we actually got to speak over the telephone but then she informs me job is placed on hold and can you guess what happened after? It was impossible to get a hold of her and I don't know if the job is filled or still on hold and it has been six months later. Very unprofessional HR staff.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MEC in September 2013.

They were really nice and have a formal process to take in interviewees. They seem generally friendly and the atmosphere was really comfortable

Interview Questions

I decided to stay with my current agency

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MEC in June 2011.

Although it took about two months, between scheduling and approvals, the process was painless and smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was inherently difficult per se; it was more of a conversation, not an interview.   Answer Question
    Not as uncomfortable as they can be; I set out what I wanted and they were clear from the start what they could provide, and didn't deter from that.

Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MEC.

The process was a pleasant experience overall. I was able to interview with both mid-level and upper level employees on multiple accounts (all in small groups). I was notified that I had the job within two weeks of my interview, and subsequently started two weeks later. The quick turnaround was great.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really, all were really expected, and there were several fun questions as well which bought up a few laughs between everyone.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level position, so they told me the salary, I accepted, and that was it.

Junior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MEC in August 2008.

Met with HR and various members of the team, Great people and knew this would be a great fit for entry level employee to learn and grow

Interview Questions
    • For entry level the questions are not very difficult. If you have a true passion for the business, team first attitude and willing to learn than that's what you need to convey   Answer Question
    Entry level salaries are not negotiable.

Digital Display Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MEC in June 2014.

I applied via a recruitment agency end of May and was invited for interview in July. During that time they adjusted the salary up as it was not meeting my requirement. I met with the hiring manager. No meeting room available so we sat in the busy basement. I had been asked to prepare a presentation on multi-channel planning and had brought this with me, but the interviewer didn't have a laptop so I wan't able to present. This was disappointing as I emailed the presentation to him directly after, but of course, without me talking over the slides they would have not have really painted the picture I wanted to.

Interview Questions
    • Generally, the environment made it difficult as it was distracting - more for him than me as I saw him looking over my shoulder and looking about a lot. Despite me being very clear and trying to keep his focus on my answers. Questions were very wordy and indirect so I did my best to answer.   Answer Question

Worked for MEC? Contribute to the Community!