MEC

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.6

Media Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MEC.

You apply with a resume online on their careers website, and someone from the HR department will contact you with a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The questions are always the same, behavioral stuff that you can BS your way out of. The phone interview was really simple, maybe 15 minutes? And then the in person interview took about 45 minutes with a panel.

none

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted to complete a phone interview. The HR manager asked me a series of questions and it took about a half hour. I never heard back after the initial phone interview

Account Executive Interview

Very pleasant interview. Relevant questions. Excel test. Be prepare to talk about life examples about all media. Have strong motivation and talk about what you can do for the company.

Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MEC.

Meet with Managers and Directors. Go over experience, dayparts worked on, posting experience, media math knowledge, and personality. Ability and experience training new assistants and helping out others is important as well as knowing your sales reps and having good relationships within the industry.

Interview Questions
    • How do you formulate a VPVH, GRP, which networks have mirrors in their programming?   Answer Question
    non negotiable

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MEC.

I was contacted via a recruiter who did a prescreening over the phone, which was very brief. He basically wanted to see what types of roles I would be interested in. I then did an in-person interview with two different people. Pretty casual, more like a conversation that an interview. I was offered the position later that same day.

Interview Questions
    • What's the last book you read? What's your favorite current digital advertising campaign?   Answer Question
    For entry level there was no negotiation; however, they did give me about $2,000 more starting salary because I had to relocate.

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MEC.

I met three staffs from the radio department at my first interview. They ask me about my skills and if I am very organized person. It seems the position has lot to do with organizing and sorting, contacting.

Media Planner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MEC.

-formal- background experience

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MEC.

A human resource recruiter reached out to me via email to arrange a phone interview. First incident she never called during the scheduled time and was IMPOSSIBLE to reach after. Never picked up telephone calls, never answered emails so I stopped reaching out to her. Second incident she reaches out to me to recruit me for another job, which we actually got to speak over the telephone but then she informs me job is placed on hold and can you guess what happened after? It was impossible to get a hold of her and I don't know if the job is filled or still on hold and it has been six months later. Very unprofessional HR staff.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MEC in September 2013.

They were really nice and have a formal process to take in interviewees. They seem generally friendly and the atmosphere was really comfortable

Interview Questions

I decided to stay with my current agency

Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MEC.

The process was a pleasant experience overall. I was able to interview with both mid-level and upper level employees on multiple accounts (all in small groups). I was notified that I had the job within two weeks of my interview, and subsequently started two weeks later. The quick turnaround was great.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really, all were really expected, and there were several fun questions as well which bought up a few laughs between everyone.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level position, so they told me the salary, I accepted, and that was it.