MECLABS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

After applying online, there was a phone call to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview there were two unnecessarily long questionnaires to answer. Then came the panel interview, where I was told there would be another interview afterwards. However, I never got that far, for I received an e-mail after the panel interview stating that I wasn’t what they were looking for. The interviewers were very kind and welcoming, and the questions weren’t that hard to answer, just incredibly similar.

Interview Questions

• What sort of issues did you have at your last job?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial over the phone interview followed up by a more in depth phone interview with a member of the HR team. Pretty standard questions, but they seemed a little disorganized when asking them. I then was instructed to complete a skills test, which was based around using photoshop to create banner advertisements and a simple email template.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you failed to meet a deadline ? What are 5 steps to take when creating a new photoshop document ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight to the point and uncomfortably direct. Several steps, very structured. Will require about 20 hours of your time total. They're the type of company that doesn't take your work for credentials or knowledge, and will test your abilities with questioning during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a collaborative environment or to work on your own   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MECLABS in March 2015.

Interview

Several steps, very structured. Will require about 20 hours of your time total. They're the type of company that doesn't take your work for credentials or knowledge, and will test your abilities with questioning during interviews and side projects. Which is fine, it just makes the process fairly time and resource intensive.

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Lengthy and very detailed, but each interview was different and you could tell was leading to something. There were multiple face-to-face interviews, multiple phone interviews, a skills assessment, and a personality review. All were fairly lengthy, but not too difficult to complete.

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Basically, I would reiterate would most people have said already. Overdone and generic interview questions such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer," and "tell me about a time where you failed to meet a deadline." Then they basically re-phrased these questions. I also had to do 2 phone interviews and a copy editing test before even getting into the office for a face to face. I felt very confident about my interview, and I usually get call-backs. However, they emailed me with a declination letter that proclaimed that while my skills were impressive, they felt I wouldn't "enjoy" the position...I was baffled they could make that determination. It appears to be a euphemistic way they like to decline applicants so they don't hurt feelings. Interviewers were young, naive and seemed bored. The only friendly/warm person was the receptionist. It doesn't even seem like a great place to work...it's just one of the only 10 copy editing positions in lame-o Jacksonville. Also, this was about 2 years ago...the position is still posted on Indeed...

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy editing?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

A lot of hoops to go through, which I thought was strange considering they are always advertising for people to fill their jobs. There is like a four-stage interview process. The interviewers were pleasant, if not overly welcoming. I was on speaker phone during my first interview, and we lost connection at one point. Overall, it just didn't come across as a warm place to work.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was screened via phone. Days later I was contacted for an interview with the HR Director. Passed that and the following week had a skills assessment test, which was fairly easy. It involved two questions, a regression model and time analysis. After which i had a behavioral test. My agent called me to tell me i passed the behavioral test and will need to have a panel interview with potential supervisors. I though interview went well, however, they emailed me a week later to say I did not get the job because they did not think i will be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• You must be able to describe a situation where you disagreed or did not get along with a coworker.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Very difficult and drawn out process, including a number of interviews and behavioral tests. Interviews are with groups of managers and consist mostly of behavioral and psychological questions, concerning your ability to work in a team and prior team experiences.

Interview Questions

• So many questions regarding teamwork and prior conflicts within a team were unexpected, especially considering the Research Analyst position is some what of an isolated and solo effort.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

First I was offered a phone interview, general HR questions (regarding working with others, communication style, favorite features of excel).
    I was then given a skills tell (3 questions, 2.5 hours to complete through excel).
    I had a second interview, with two senior level individuals. Once again they asked general HR questions but additional questions regarding statistical tests, accuracy, validity, etc.
    I was given two behavioral assessments, done online.
    My last interview was in house, with three individuals. It was a very friendly interview that had a lot to do with computability of working with others. I was introduced to a lot of the employees. They were all very young but seemed very happy with the work atmosphere.

I was offered the job 6 days after my in house interview. But, due to my move and salary they were offering I had to decline.

Interview Questions

I had to move cities for this position, the salary was too low, and I wasn't too sure about the young atmosphere in the office.