MECLABS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

After applying online, there was a phone call to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview there were two unnecessarily long questionnaires to answer. Then came the panel interview, where I was told there would be another interview afterwards. However, I never got that far, for I received an e-mail after the panel interview stating that I wasn’t what they were looking for. The interviewers were very kind and welcoming, and the questions weren’t that hard to answer, just incredibly similar.

Interview Questions

• What sort of issues did you have at your last job?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial over the phone interview followed up by a more in depth phone interview with a member of the HR team. Pretty standard questions, but they seemed a little disorganized when asking them. I then was instructed to complete a skills test, which was based around using photoshop to create banner advertisements and a simple email template.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you failed to meet a deadline ? What are 5 steps to take when creating a new photoshop document ?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight to the point and uncomfortably direct. Several steps, very structured. Will require about 20 hours of your time total. They're the type of company that doesn't take your work for credentials or knowledge, and will test your abilities with questioning during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a collaborative environment or to work on your own   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS in March 2015.

Interview

Several steps, very structured. Will require about 20 hours of your time total. They're the type of company that doesn't take your work for credentials or knowledge, and will test your abilities with questioning during interviews and side projects. Which is fine, it just makes the process fairly time and resource intensive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Lengthy and very detailed, but each interview was different and you could tell was leading to something. There were multiple face-to-face interviews, multiple phone interviews, a skills assessment, and a personality review. All were fairly lengthy, but not too difficult to complete.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Like many other reviews describe, the process was very long despite the middle of the road pay range offered along with their repeated desire to hire someone as soon as possible. It's not the time between steps but the amount of steps, seven or eight over two months. Some were understandable such as the writing test but others were repetitive, like the interviews that were nearly identical in questions. The three behavioral "tests" were also a bit excessive. They must be paying a full time salary in recruiting costs! In the end I think there is an age discrimination issue as others have mentioned. I continued to get extremely positive feedback until the final questionnaire which asked for my date of birth. I almost didn't include it since I'd already had two in-person interviews and having read other reviews about their desire for 20 somethings but went against my instinct and did. The response was quicker than at any other point in the interview process. Within 2-3 days I received the standard "After careful deliberation, we have decided not to move you forward in the process." email without further explanation. Since the next step was being hired I highly suspect my age (just over 40) was the issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Basically, I would reiterate would most people have said already. Overdone and generic interview questions such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer," and "tell me about a time where you failed to meet a deadline." Then they basically re-phrased these questions. I also had to do 2 phone interviews and a copy editing test before even getting into the office for a face to face. I felt very confident about my interview, and I usually get call-backs. However, they emailed me with a declination letter that proclaimed that while my skills were impressive, they felt I wouldn't "enjoy" the position...I was baffled they could make that determination. It appears to be a euphemistic way they like to decline applicants so they don't hurt feelings. Interviewers were young, naive and seemed bored. The only friendly/warm person was the receptionist. It doesn't even seem like a great place to work...it's just one of the only 10 copy editing positions in lame-o Jacksonville. Also, this was about 2 years ago...the position is still posted on Indeed...

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy editing?   1 Answer

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

A lot of hoops to go through, which I thought was strange considering they are always advertising for people to fill their jobs. There is like a four-stage interview process. The interviewers were pleasant, if not overly welcoming. I was on speaker phone during my first interview, and we lost connection at one point. Overall, it just didn't come across as a warm place to work.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was screened via phone. Days later I was contacted for an interview with the HR Director. Passed that and the following week had a skills assessment test, which was fairly easy. It involved two questions, a regression model and time analysis. After which i had a behavioral test. My agent called me to tell me i passed the behavioral test and will need to have a panel interview with potential supervisors. I though interview went well, however, they emailed me a week later to say I did not get the job because they did not think i will be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• You must be able to describe a situation where you disagreed or did not get along with a coworker.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Very difficult and drawn out process, including a number of interviews and behavioral tests. Interviews are with groups of managers and consist mostly of behavioral and psychological questions, concerning your ability to work in a team and prior team experiences.

Interview Questions

• So many questions regarding teamwork and prior conflicts within a team were unexpected, especially considering the Research Analyst position is some what of an isolated and solo effort.   Answer Question