MED Institute Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at MED Institute

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MED Institute.

They basically said "tell me about yourself" and that seriously the only question they asked, besides "do you have any questions?" So make sure you have plenty of questions ready to ask.

Interview Questions
    • It was unexpected that they didn't really try to ask any challenging questions. But nice for a change!   Answer Question
    No negation. Accept or decline offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MED Institute.

Talked to them at a job fair. They asked me to draw a stress vs strain curve on site and told me to talk about what each part meant (show yield stress/where plastic deformation begins, Ultimate tensile strength, explained significance of hooke's law, etc).

I was contacted a week later by email (given on my resume) that they wanted to set up an interview with me at MED Institute in West Lafayette, Indiana. I am a student at Purdue University, so this was easy for me. I do know others who had on campus interviews as well.

After one interview, I was told I would be contacted in two weeks about further action. I heard nothing for two weeks. I followed up via email and still heard nothing. Over three weeks from my interview, I received a call with a verbal offer asking if I was still interested. I said yes, and they sent my offer letter in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Interview: Draw and label anatomy of human heart. Explain how a stent works to repair an aneurysm. Should human bone be stress tested using a 3 or 4 point bend test?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. Detailed explained in letter. Accept or reject.

Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Talked to them on campus career fair and then got an email wanting onsite interview with in a week or so. Very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What engineering teams have you been on and what conflicts have you had with co-works.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MED Institute in December 2011.

Got this opportunity after submitting my resume at a professional conference. One month after, HR sent the email requesting for phone interview. It was a panel interview on the phone with R&D scientists there. They seems to focus on your previous experience, old projects, techniques and experience. Two weeks later I was notified for a 2 hrs in-house appointment ("on-site" interview). It consists of a 20min presentation with extensive discussion with product develop scientists and a lunch.

Data Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MED Institute in December 2011.

Phone interview once and rejected. Questions were ' describe yourself', 'why our company', 'why this position'.